Author Topic: Fall 2019 / winter 2020 football season thread  (Read 29916 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Fall 2019 / winter 2020 football season thread
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2019, 03:06:00 am »
Check out the final score.

The one missed call didn’t affect the outcome of the game.

The complaint is a non starter. The Buckeyes won the game. The refs didn’t do it for them.

btw, the general feeling is that the OSU- Clemson game will be close. I think that we will win it because that’s what this year’s Buckeyes do.  They win.
What I pointed out was that you called it good refereeing when a clear violation occurred during a touchdown play that was desperately needed by OSU to change momentum.

Did this influence the game?  Most certainly.

Would OSU likely to have won anyway?  Perhaps.

Do I agree with all the negative comments that appeared in that posted tweet of the play?  No I do not.

Did I make a complaint?  No, just a bad unfortunate non-call by the officials.

You really need to lighten up on the accusations.

I call it the way it is, and if one overlooks when the rules are broken, then what will the game become?

And BTW, I think OSU will beat Clemson and face LSU for the whole ball of wax.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 01:35:56 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2019, 04:07:50 am »
Sweet thing is, after the Iron Bowl win... my season is complete... Go everyone !! Make close games for good viewing... I may even watch a couple of them.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2019, 01:03:26 pm »
Sweet thing is, after the Iron Bowl win... my season is complete... Go everyone !! Make close games for good viewing... I may even watch a couple of them.
Amen to that!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2019, 01:15:52 pm »
What I pointed out was that you called it good refereeing when a clear violation occurred during a touchdown play that was desperately needed by OSU to change momentum.

Did this influence the game?  Most certainly.

Would OSU likely to have won anyway?  Perhaps.

Do I agree with all the negative comments that appeared in that posted tweet of the play?  No I do not.

Did I make a complaint?  No, just a bad unfortunate non-call by the officials.

You really need to lighten up on the accusations.

I call it the way it is, and if one overlooks when the rules are broken, then what will the game become?

And BTW, I think OSU will beat Clemson and face LSU for the whole ball of wax.

I didn’t call it good reffing. I said it didn’t affect the outcome of the game.

And I didn’t accuse anyone of anything, so I don’t need to “lighten up.”

The team I’ve supported since birth is arguably the best team in college football and that makes me very happy. They’ve won two national championships in this century and if they play their best, may well win a third.

I’m excited about that possibility.

Oh..... and JK Dobbins was 6th in the Heisman voting, so if you count Joe Burrows who was a second string Buckeye, that’s 4 out of the top 6 who are from Ohio State.

I think that’s pretty cool!  :0001:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2019, 03:57:47 pm »
I didn’t call it good reffing. I said it didn’t affect the outcome of the game.

And I didn’t accuse anyone of anything, so I don’t need to “lighten up.”

The team I’ve supported since birth is arguably the best team in college football and that makes me very happy. They’ve won two national championships in this century and if they play their best, may well win a third.

I’m excited about that possibility.

Oh..... and JK Dobbins was 6th in the Heisman voting, so if you count Joe Burrows who was a second string Buckeye, that’s 4 out of the top 6 who are from Ohio State.

I think that’s pretty cool!  :0001:
your over exuberance for your team caused you to do a 'Schiff' if you reread your post #61.

I called you out on the missed call.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Idiot

« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2019, 04:25:04 pm »
Go LSU!!!!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2019, 04:28:54 pm »
your over exuberance for your team caused you to do a 'Schiff' if you reread your post #61.

I called you out on the missed call.

Post 61 is not mine.

And in post 60, I just said that bad reffing didn’t cause the win. I didn’t say there were no bad calls.

Wrong on both counts.

But if you want to keep arguing, feel free.

Go Buckeyes! Beat Clemson!!  :beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2019, 11:49:45 pm »
Post 61 is not mine.

And in post 60, I just said that bad reffing didn’t cause the win. I didn’t say there were no bad calls.

Wrong on both counts.

But if you want to keep arguing, feel free.

Go Buckeyes! Beat Clemson!!  :beer:
If you do not believe the noncall was bad reffing, then you disagree even with what the fans of the Buckeyes say.

Wisconsin fans almost dropped their cheese when officials somehow missed — or ignored, conspiracy theorists? — Garrett Wilson’s blatant false start on OSU’s go-ahead touchdown pass. How do you miss that?
https://www.buckeyextra.com/sports/20191208/ohio-state-wisconsin--ray-steins-bottom-line

But you can go ahead and blindly support your team no matter what.  That is your prerogative. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2019, 02:47:29 am »
If you do not believe the noncall was bad reffing, then you disagree even with what the fans of the Buckeyes say.

Wisconsin fans almost dropped their cheese when officials somehow missed — or ignored, conspiracy theorists? — Garrett Wilson’s blatant false start on OSU’s go-ahead touchdown pass. How do you miss that?
https://www.buckeyextra.com/sports/20191208/ohio-state-wisconsin--ray-steins-bottom-line

But you can go ahead and blindly support your team no matter what.  That is your prerogative.

I have no idea what you’re prattling on about.

You clearly haven’t read (or at least understood) a word I’ve said and want to argue with me about what I didn’t say.

More power to you.

If you want to clear up your confusion, go back and read the actual words I said and lose the attitude.

If not keep arguing with yourself, cause I’m through with this nonsense.

In either case, have a Merry Christmas.

« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2019, 10:07:30 pm »
I have no idea what you’re prattling on about.

You clearly haven’t read (or at least understood) a word I’ve said and want to argue with me about what I didn’t say.

More power to you.

If you want to clear up your confusion, go back and read the actual words I said and lose the attitude.

If not keep arguing with yourself, cause I’m through with this nonsense.

In either case, have a Merry Christmas.
No bad reffing or ‘fix’ caused the win. Just hard nosed football).

Never understood what you are talking about.  I complimented the Buckeyes and predict they will make it to Championship.

I did point out they got there in part due to an overlooked penalty by the officials.

Why you do not agree that the noncall did in fact help them and indeed state unequivocally there was no bad reffing is a mystery.  Even Buckeye nation threads agree it was flagrant and should have been called, especially during a touchdown play.

I'll chalk it up to an over exuberance fan who cannot believe it could have happened.  Some are indeed blind to the truth.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 01:25:15 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2019, 01:58:58 pm »
No bad reffing or ‘fix’ caused the win. Just hard nosed football).

Never understood what you are talking about.  I complimented the Buckeyes and predict they will make it to Championship.

I did point out they got there in part due to an overlooked penalty by the officials.

Why you do not agree that the noncall did in fact help them and indeed state unequivocally there was no bad reffing is a mystery.  Even Buckeye nation threads agree it was flagrant and should have been called, especially during a touchdown play.

I'll chalk it up to an over exuberance fan who cannot believe it could have happened.  Some are indeed blind to the truth.

No bad reffing CAUSED THE WIN.

No bad reffing CAUSED THE WIN.

Just hard nosed football.

Merry Christmas!

(Leave this alone. You’re arguing about absolutely nothing and have been working at it for DAYS!)

Merry Christmas!

Last response to you.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2019, 02:28:14 pm »
Tigers vs. Tiguzz in the championship.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2019, 03:41:39 pm »
It was great to see my high school classmate Kirk Ferentz and his Hawkeyes beat USC last night. Looking forward to the playoff games now.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2019, 04:59:58 am »
After watching today, I can only conclude that Ohio State, unquestionably inferior to the two tigers,  is the third best team in the US.

Kudos to them as I honestly believe they could beat Oklahoma.

They just can't seem to get by Clemson, which they are now 0-4 against.  Worst of any team.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 02:27:03 am by IsailedawayfromFR »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2019, 06:10:24 pm »
Yesterday's games were very entertaining! One blowout, one close one, two incredible QBs.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2019, 02:50:36 pm »
SO proud of the Buckeyes!

An equal team to Clemson, but too many mistakes at critical times.

GREAT season........ and I think next year's may be even better.

(I also think LSU will blow out Clemson in the National Championship, as they would have Ohio State.  They are AWESOME).

Online mountaineer

« Reply #91 on: December 30, 2019, 04:47:48 pm »
(I also think LSU will blow out Clemson in the National Championship, as they would have Ohio State.  They are AWESOME).
I expect the Tigers to win.  :whistle:

« Reply #92 on: December 30, 2019, 08:07:26 pm »
Catchy, that is.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #93 on: December 30, 2019, 11:03:42 pm »
Not afraid to go out on a limb and predict ... Tigers!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

Offline musiclady

« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2019, 03:47:11 am »
Meanwhile, in the NFL, the playoffs begin Saturday.

And I was SO hoping the Browns would be in the playoffs as predicted!!  :silly:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #96 on: December 31, 2019, 01:58:58 pm »

Nope.  The Tigers are gonna lose.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #97 on: December 31, 2019, 02:14:29 pm »
And I was SO hoping the Browns would be in the playoffs as predicted!!  :silly:
Looks like they kept the wrong coordinator.

The Browns have some potential. I think their ceiling is the wild-card (so long as the Ravens keep winning, they'll be the division favorite for a while, but the Steelers are on their way down and the Bengals are... well... the Bengals). But they have to find a decent coach!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #98 on: December 31, 2019, 03:10:32 pm »
Looks like they kept the wrong coordinator.

The Browns have some potential. I think their ceiling is the wild-card (so long as the Ravens keep winning, they'll be the division favorite for a while, but the Steelers are on their way down and the Bengals are... well... the Bengals). But they have to find a decent coach!

I'm glad Kitchens is gone.  They were such an undisciplined mess this year, even with all that talent.

Hope somebody is better at herding cats than he was.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #99 on: December 31, 2019, 03:52:52 pm »
I can’t remember seeing a better half of offense than that ran by LSU., in their win against Oklahoma.
Maybe early Run-and -shoot teams, but not in a big game like this. Not against a high ranked opponent.
Just magnificent to watch.