Author Topic: Fall 2019 / winter 2020 football season thread  (Read 29819 times)

Offline dfwgator

Re: Fall 2019 / winter 2020 football season thread
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2020, 04:29:01 am »
49er Richard Sherman doesn't have to worry about turning down a White House invitation now,  but how many Chiefs will announce they won't go?

I haven't heard of any Chiefs saying they won't go.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2020, 05:36:05 am »
The Superbowl was today?  I was busy celebrating VM Day.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2020, 01:06:24 pm »
Worst, ever.  And that's saying something.
I wouldn't say that. After all, four times the league had Up with People, a bona fide cult.

But this was definitely below average. Maybe it was the production values, I don't know, but I felt like Shakira was out there twerking into the void. She may have kept her clothes on but it felt so naked and bare... like I was watching community theater.

Lopez's part was a little better, even though her voice gave out near the end.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2020, 01:25:54 pm »
I don't know, but I felt like Shakira was out there twerking into the void. She may have kept her clothes on but it felt so naked and bare...

Hell...  I guess all testosterone left the building.  They make the mute button for a reason guys.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2020, 01:52:33 pm »
The Superbowl was today?  I was busy celebrating VM Day.

Awwwww. man.... 

Trump congratulated the "Great State of Kansas" after the KC win.    :thud:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2020, 02:07:56 pm »
Awwwww. man.... 

VM Day = Victory over Mexico Day
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2020, 02:19:34 pm »
So I’m supposed to be against the 49ers or what?

This is supposed to be a football thread.    *****rollingeyes*****

(Youngstown is filled with Mafioso. It really doesn’t have much to do with the current 49ers working out at YSU, does it?)
Just pointing out a crime syndicate helped build the 49ers dynasty.

While I admire Montana and the rest of what they accomplished on the field, I do not admire all the people who got them there.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2020, 02:21:57 pm »
We'll probably never see this again.  A Super Bowl Champion that trailed in all of their playoff games by double-digits, and still won each game by double-digits.
Was it just me, or did Terry Bradshaw downrate KC and Mahomes on pregame coverage?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2020, 02:21:58 pm »
Hell...  I guess all testosterone left the building.  They make the mute button for a reason guys.

There are a million places where one can look at half-naked women without having to give the NFL a hit.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2020, 02:36:15 pm »
There are a million places where one can look at half-naked women without having to give the NFL a hit.
No dollar bills required this time, though. Guys could sit on their sofas stuffing their faces with chips and dip, instead of stuffing bills into a skanky girl's g-string.  :shrug:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2020, 02:41:54 pm »

I don't go trollng for cheap thrills.

While stuck watching the game?......

Two teams I don't give a shit about?
Commericals rife with SJW themes?
Thug football players who don't deserve 1/10 of their salary?

Yeah, I'll take a brief respite looking at a half naked Shakira.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2020, 02:45:24 pm »
Just pointing out a crime syndicate helped build the 49ers dynasty.

While I admire Montana and the rest of what they accomplished on the field, I do not admire all the people who got them there.

I was just playfully pointing out that, while I had no problem with either team, and didn't care who won, the fact that the 49ers still worked out at YSU, where I went for some grad courses at Dana School of Music, and which has nothing whatsoever to do with crime, gave me a small reason to root for San Francisco.  (I loved Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, et al, and never figured their skill should be skipped over because of DeBartolo).

It was just conversation about football...... not something I expected to be picked apart.

As it turned out, it was a great game after KC picked it back up in the 4th quarter (that's putting it mildly), and I'm very glad the Chiefs won after being a good team for so many years, but not winning the SB for 50 years.  VERY glad for Andy Reid, who by all accounts is a great guy.

A lot of years the Super Bowl is boring, and this year it wasn't.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2020, 02:57:32 pm »
February 3, 2020
The Super Bowl LIV Halftime show was polished, highly produced – and vulgar
By Andrea Widburg

This year, Super Bowl LIV took place in Miami. It was, therefore, appropriate for the halftime show to have a Latin beat, with Shakira and J. Lo as the headliners. Still, some people asked, “Did the show have to be so vulgar?”   ...

While shaking hips are now old hat, there were still a lot of vulgar moves and costumes in the halftime show:

Shakira implied bondage by wrapping a rope around herself.
    Bevies of athletic young women thrusting their pelvises at the TV cameras.
    Shakira writhed on the floor as a rapper bent over her body.
    Shakira ululuated, while flicking her tongue at the camera.
    J-Lo and her back-up dancers wore leather bondage outfits reminiscent of the leather gear fetish gay men wore in San Francisco’s Folsom District in the 1970s and 1980s.
    J-Lo wagging her half-naked butt at the camera.
    J-Lo and her male backup dancers kept grabbing their own crotches.
    J-Lo did some pole dancing in a minimalist costume that barely covered her lady parts, while presiding over what is meant to look like an orgy, with people in white bondage wear writhing below her (plus more crotch-grabbing).
    J-Lo freak dancing, which happens when a woman backs her butt up to a man’s crotch and they rub against each other as they dance.

With all of this sexually explicit dancing, it was bizarre to have the show end with a chorus of sweet-faced girls (including J-Lo's own daughter) doing the usual women’s empowerment shtick.  ...Entire article at American Thinker

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2020, 03:02:53 pm »
February 3, 2020
The Super Bowl LIV Halftime show was polished, highly produced – and vulgar
By Andrea Widburg

Number of exposed nipples = 0

Fox and SB should be sighing a sigh of relief. 

« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 03:03:49 pm by catfish1957 »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2020, 03:14:01 pm »
@mountaineer  - that article pretty much sums it up.

The left's idea of 'empowerment' is bondage and debasing women in front of millions of men........ yeah, right.  *****rollingeyes*****

From that list, I'm very glad we turned it off completely before Shakira was finished with her boring, women-are-nothing-more-than-sex objects routine.

Sounds like J-Lo...... bless her aging heart..... was even worse.

The SB half time show is always awful, but that one was pathetic and embarrassing.

I did like the show before the game started, though.  The four 100 year old WWII veterans was a nice touch!

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #240 on: February 03, 2020, 03:19:22 pm »
@mountaineer  -
The SB half time show is always awful, but that one was pathetic and embarrassing.

Guess you missed Tom Petty's and U2's performances a number of years ago.

But you are right...   If the intent of viewer last night was to get a positive musical experience, then they were at the wrong place.

« Reply #241 on: February 03, 2020, 03:38:18 pm »
I was just playfully pointing out that, while I had no problem with either team, and didn't care who won, the fact that the 49ers still worked out at YSU, where I went for some grad courses at Dana School of Music, and which has nothing whatsoever to do with crime, gave me a small reason to root for San Francisco.  (I loved Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, et al, and never figured their skill should be skipped over because of DeBartolo).

It was just conversation about football...... not something I expected to be picked apart.

As it turned out, it was a great game after KC picked it back up in the 4th quarter (that's putting it mildly), and I'm very glad the Chiefs won after being a good team for so many years, but not winning the SB for 50 years.  VERY glad for Andy Reid, who by all accounts is a great guy.

A lot of years the Super Bowl is boring, and this year it wasn't.
Am in agreement.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #242 on: February 03, 2020, 04:00:06 pm »
What I like to do sometimes is go the blogs of the particular teams and look at the game threads.
This morning I first went to the 49ers game thread and went to the start of the fourth quarter.
Naturally, a great many commenters were celebrating a little early.
Since I wanted KC to win, is was entertaining to read the comments of the 49ers fans as the score and the game turned in favor of KC.
Then  I went to the KC blog and read their comments. They were ready to slit their wrists and most had given up midway through the fourth. And then, of course, things changed and the Chiefs experienced a miraculous recovery unlike any comeback I've seen in decades.
One thing that is common for fans of all sports blogs.....blame the refs for every misfortune that befalls your team and claim that the whole thing is fixed. Plus, constant use of the f word in all its permutations.
The 49ers fans were worst in that regard.
I don't think there was one play where a 49ers fans didn't accuse the refs of ignoring supposed penalties committed by the Chiefs.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #243 on: February 03, 2020, 05:13:57 pm »
At her age, JLo should avoid the pole dancing and twerking. Too great a chance of hip fracture.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #244 on: February 03, 2020, 06:28:52 pm »
Guess you missed Tom Petty's and U2's performances a number of years ago.

But you are right...   If the intent of viewer last night was to get a positive musical experience, then they were at the wrong place.

I usually do find something else to do during half time (so probably missed that half time).  Most of them are vulgar, but a few are just boring.

The problem is, they apparently are going for the shock value and don't realize that when it's done repeatedly the vulgarity is no longer shocking.

Offline musiclady

Offline Neverdul

• Moderator Gubernatorial and State Races
« Reply #246 on: February 03, 2020, 06:36:47 pm »
Awwwww. man.... 

So This Is How Liberty Dies, With Thunderous Applause

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #247 on: February 03, 2020, 07:40:25 pm »
There is a Kansas City, KS, and I suspect those folks are Chiefs fans, too. It's all the same metropolitan area. No doubt, however, Trump should have said MO and KS.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #248 on: February 03, 2020, 08:38:49 pm »
There is a Kansas City, KS, and I suspect those folks are Chiefs fans, too. It's all the same metropolitan area. No doubt, however, Trump should have said MO and KS.

Or just said Kansas City and stopped right there.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #249 on: February 03, 2020, 10:33:55 pm »
When one says 'New York', does one mean the city or the state?