Author Topic: Former NFL coach Mike Holmgren slams Trump pandemic response, throws support to Biden  (Read 514 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former NFL coach Mike Holmgren slams Trump pandemic response, throws support to Biden
By J. Edward Moreno - 09/12/20 08:58 PM EDT

Former NFL coach Mike Holmgren on Saturday criticized President Trump’s response to the coronavirus pandemic and threw his support behind Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

At a virtual press conference with Green Bay, Wisc., Mayor Eric Genrich (D), Holmgren said that he will be campaigning for Biden in Wisconsin, a swing state Trump narrowly won in 2016 against former secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Holmgren coached the Green Bay Packers from 1992 to 1998, leading the team to a Super Bowl victory against the New England Patriots in the 1996 season.

“I’ve never done this before — talked to anybody prior to a campaign...This election is different," Holmgren said. "It’s really different than any other election in my lifetime.

more
https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/516163-former-nfl-coach-mike-holmgren-slams-trump-pandemic-response
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

I've been waiting for an ex-coach's analysis of the virus situation. Very helpful.   *****rollingeyes*****
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Night Hides Not

I've been waiting for an ex-coach's analysis of the virus situation. Very helpful.   *****rollingeyes*****

His claim to fame, winning a Super Bowl, passed its shelf life long ago.

Jerry Jones is finding that out, too, as more attention is focused on the Dallas Cowboys not having been to the Conference Championship game in 25 years.

Jerry should be worried about dwindling fan support over players protesting: my 18 YO son, a lifelong Cowboys fan and football fanatic, says the Cowboys are dead to him. Politically, he's more conservative than me, and that's saying something.

My focus on sports this week is the upcoming announcement on the official start of the college basketball season. It appears to be 11/23 or 11/25, i.e. the Thanksgiving Break where most students leave campus. Schools are planning an extended break for Christmas, allowing teams to play a reasonable nonconference schedule before January.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
When and HOW did sports coaches become political sages?

Somebody remind me. I must have been taking a nap that afternoon.

Does ANYBODY really care what coaches think about politics?

Or anything else other than the sport they coach/coached?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 04:50:41 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Hoodat

Former NFL coach Mike Holmgren on Saturday criticized President Trump’s response to the coronavirus pandemic and threw his support behind Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden.

So Holmgren is upset that the President cut off travel from countries where coronavirus was running rampant, preferring instead that infected people be allowed to enter the country freely through all US airports just as Joe Biden recommended?

Idiot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mountaineer

To borrow a popular Twitter saying (usually applied to China), NFL is asshoe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org