Author Topic: Biden: Constitution Doesn't Say 'Anyone Can Own a Weapon,' Each Amendment Has a 'Limitation'  (Read 1084 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Biden: Constitution Doesn't Say 'Anyone Can Own a Weapon,' Each Amendment Has a 'Limitation'
By Nicholas Ballasy August 30, 2019

Former Vice President Joe Biden, the frontrunner for the Democratic presidential nomination, said that U.S. Constitution does not allow "anyone" to own a weapon and does not give citizens the right to buy "any kind of weapon" they want because every amendment has limitations.

Biden positioned himself as the only Democratic candidate who took on the National Rifle Association nationally and won, citing the temporary assault weapons ban that was passed when former President Bill Clinton was in office. It expired under former President George W. Bush and Congress did not renew it when former President Barack Obama was in office.

more
https://pjmedia.com/trending/biden-constitution-doesnt-say-anyone-can-own-a-weapon-each-amendment-has-a-limitation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Once again proving why was considered the dumbest man in the Senate...and why Obama picked him as veep as an insurance policy against getting assassinated.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Once again proving why was considered the dumbest man in the Senate...and why Obama picked him as veep as an insurance policy against getting assassinated.

The dumbest man in the Senate is about the nicest thing anyone can say about him..... 

Offline verga

Anyone know where he ranked when he graduated from law school? I am guessing near the bottom of the class. Just checked 75th out of 85.... Called it.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline OfTheCross

If a well-regulated militia be the most natural defense of a free country, it ought certainly to be under the regulation and at the disposal of that body which is constituted the guardian of the national security.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The dumbest man in the Senate is about the nicest thing anyone can say about him.....

:yowsa:  I prefer AFL/CIO stooge myself.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

https://youtu.be/6jRwEPYg5J4

I follow his logic.

I don't think that is a good thing.  Could be wrong.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Technically, he's right. The Constitution doesn't say who can own a weapon, and it doesn't grant the Right to keep and Bear Arms.
We have that.

It says the Government is to leave the Right to Keep and Bear Arms alone.

The 2nd Amendment doesn't grant a right to keep and bear arms. It severely limits the authority of Government to mess with that Right of The People, as in "shall not be infringed" (IOW left alone, unencumbered.).

Rights can only be legitimately curtailed after someone has been convicted of a serious crime using Due Process of law, in itself limited by the other Amendments (4th, 5th, 14th), but not before.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis