Author Topic: Washington Post: Pumpkin Spice Lattes Connected to War, Genocide, Slavery  (Read 1088 times)

rangerrebew

Washington Post: Pumpkin Spice Lattes Connected to War, Genocide, Slavery

Alana Mastrangelo30 Aug 2019

Starbucks’ Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL) is already back in stores, and in honor of the drink’s annual arrival last Tuesday, the Washington Post published a bizarre piece alerting readers of “the violent history behind your favorite Starbucks latte,” which reportedly includes “war, genocide and slavery.”

“PSL is back, and so is its connection to a centuries old genocide,” writes Gillian Brockell of the Washington Post. “Underneath those fuzzy-sweater vibes, the spices in ‘the PSL’ have a dark history.”

“It’s a story of war, genocide and slavery,” affirms Brockell.

https://www.breitbart.com/the-media/2019/08/30/washington-post-pumpkin-spice-latte-connected-war-genocide-slavery/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+breitbart+%28Breitbart+News%29

rangerrebew

Re: Washington Post: Pumpkin Spice Lattes Connected to War, Genocide, Slavery
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 04:05:01 pm »
That must make me pure as the driven snow since I don't drink lattes.  :whistle:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 05:17:50 pm »
I clicked the Topic because I thought it would lead me to another Babylon Bee satire.   :crying:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 05:23:25 pm »
Since we're now doing history shaming, can we constantly remind the Dems of ther history of racism, KKK, slavery, and Jim Crow?
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2019, 05:30:17 pm »
Which one of the Quad Fraud Squad is Pumpkin Spice?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2019, 05:49:46 pm »
I clicked the Topic because I thought it would lead me to another Babylon Bee satire.   :crying:

As did I. I expected to see a Babylon Bee url. As for the WashPost's claims, well, the source of wood pulp for its paper probably has a "dark history" link to slavery or filling native Americans  or ... and therefore the WashPost should be shut down.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2019, 09:01:42 pm »
I think I can claim to be virtuous because I despise pumpkin spice, latte or anything else.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2019, 09:29:33 pm »
This is expressing the compulsive Liberal obsession to destroy everything and anything they can destroy. It's childish contrarian nonsense to make the author seem oh so intelligent and 'special', at least to himself. There is always one person in a group who 'hates' Star Wars, for whatever reason. This author would be that person, just to stand out, just to be different.

What is the point of the article anyway? That pumpkin-spice is evil? The people who like it are evil? I'm not sure what the goal of the author is?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2019, 10:45:57 pm »
There seems to be something about Pumpkin Spice Lattes that drives Leftists mad (and it's not a 17th century genocide).  If I didn't object to both Starbucks and to flavored coffee on aesthetic grounds, it would be enough to make me buy one as my afternoon coffee from now until Thanksgiving.

This is not the first PSL row on the Left.  A year or two ago, there was a controversy over whether objecting to them made you anti-feminist because women tend to favor them, or on the contrary, whether they represented capitalist exploitation of women and thus liking them made you an anti-feminist.

And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2019, 10:52:08 pm »
There seems to be something about Pumpkin Spice Lattes that drives Leftists mad (and it's not a 17th century genocide).  If I didn't object to both Starbucks and to flavored coffee on aesthetic grounds, it would be enough to make me buy one as my afternoon coffee from now until Thanksgiving.

This is not the first PSL row on the Left.  A year or two ago, there was a controversy over whether objecting to them made you anti-feminist because women tend to favor them, or on the contrary, whether they represented capitalist exploitation of women and thus liking them made you an anti-feminist.

Just feel guilty and give them your money you sexist pig.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2019, 02:30:34 am »
 :Under the "logic" of the person who wrote the article, drinking just about anything is racist etc. because people in the past who exploited other people drank water. etc..Truly bizarre.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 02:45:22 am »
:Under the "logic" of the person who wrote the article, drinking just about anything is racist etc. because people in the past who exploited other people drank water. etc..Truly bizarre.

It IS bizarre, but it mostly only applies to anything to do with western civilization.  They are bound and determined to destroy anything good and postitive about the west and its people.  Even stooping to denigrate a stupid urban trendiness like PSL.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 05:07:42 am »

When I was in grade school, they taught us, for example, that an animal of unknown gender was referred to as "he".  That was right about the time of the birth of PC, so they also mentioned that some people might find that offensive, and we should consider alternatives (however, the use of "they" was NOT correct).   Okay.  Kind of stupid, but I can try not to step on the snowflakes.

By the time I got to college, you could get a graduate degree in being offended.  Nope, screw you, I'm done.  I'm willing to step lightly around the silly, but if you're looking to be offended I can make Dice Clay blush.

Now get off my lawn.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2019, 05:29:35 am »
When I was in grade school, they taught us, for example, that an animal of unknown gender was referred to as "he".  That was right about the time of the birth of PC, so they also mentioned that some people might find that offensive, and we should consider alternatives (however, the use of "they" was NOT correct).   Okay.  Kind of stupid, but I can try not to step on the snowflakes.

By the time I got to college, you could get a graduate degree in being offended.  Nope, screw you, I'm done.  I'm willing to step lightly around the silly, but if you're looking to be offended I can make Dice Clay blush.

Now get off my lawn.

I wonder how all that gender bullcrap translates into the Latin languages where absolutely everything has a masculine or feminine connotation.... That's gotta be a hoot.

As for me... Old School. I have no problems using standard conventions of the English language.
And if it pisses off some feminists and snowflakes, mores the better.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2019, 06:03:55 am »
I wonder how all that gender bullcrap translates into the Latin languages where absolutely everything has a masculine or feminine connotation.... That's gotta be a hoot.

As for me... Old School. I have no problems using standard conventions of the English language.
And if it pisses off some feminists and snowflakes, mores the better.
I've never met anybody who demanded to be called by their own personal pronoun, and it's highly unlikely I ever will.
However, if I ever do meet someone like that, it will be the last time I talk to them.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2019, 06:28:21 pm »
It's as if the original author never heard of the old adage:

He who controls the spice, controls the universe.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Rebel_Pride

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2019, 08:31:54 pm »
 22222frying pan

Offline Rebel_Pride

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2019, 08:33:12 pm »
:2popcorn: