Author Topic: Danish hero who rescued Chinese from massacre  (Read 1040 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Danish hero who rescued Chinese from massacre
« on: August 31, 2019, 02:43:07 am »
Danish hero who rescued Chinese from massacre
By Laurence Peter BBC News

Sindberg in Nanjing, 1937 Image copyright Aarhus City Archives
Image caption Sindberg paraded the Danish flag to keep Japanese troops out of his safe haven

He was a guard at a cement works, but in China he is revered as "the Shining Buddha" and "the Greatest Dane".

Bernhard Arp Sindberg rescued thousands of Chinese during the Japanese imperial army's orgy of violence in Nanjing in 1937. He is only now getting national hero status in Denmark.

Queen Margrethe II was unveiling a 3m (10ft) bronze statue of Sindberg in a park in Aarhus, his home city, on Saturday.

Sindberg in Nanjing: He knew his defiance of the Japanese officers was risky

The Japanese slaughtered Chinese prisoners-of-war such as these, awaiting execution

Queen Margrethe visited the Nanjing Memorial in 2011: The roses are named after Sindberg

Read more at: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49524779

Boy, that 3rd picture almost makes me cry,  for the wrongest of reasons, there are quite a few pictures of the brutality of the Japanese in World War II and yet, at the same time, through famine, execution and whatever else, the Red Chinese have certainly killed many more people. I'm not a historian, I don't know what kind of perspective there is.

"Flowers of War" with Christian Bale is about Nanking. Good movie.  A bit too intense in parts, aren't some movies like that, some parts to hard for me at least, to take.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Plenty of other scenes of the movie at youtube.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 02:44:07 am by TomSea »

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Danish hero who rescued Chinese from massacre
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2019, 12:59:34 pm »
I don't know how a movie about the Rape of Nanking could be other than intense, but it would definitely be hard to watch. Rape of Nanking by Iris Chang is a good book about the event.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2019, 06:32:48 pm »
When one stumbles on these movies, Chinese, Asian type movies at youtube, sometimes, one sees other Asian war movies one has the option to check out,  at least scenes from those movies.

Amazingly, to watch in full, there is a movie at youtube called "The flower of revenge", I only caught a little of it, I don't know if it was made in China (probably not), Taiwan or wherever but it is definitely not friendly to the PLA People's Liberation Army (China).. and it is about their oppression of Miao (who are the Hmong we have here in the USA, Hmong fled to Laos, Vietnam and so forth).  Yeah, I'm not going to just post violence from that movie, I don't think that would be good... Nanking was real. We should not understate that but we need to recognize great wrongs done by the Chi-Coms as they say. Victimology.

If one is interested in that movie, search out "the flower of revenge" & "Miao" because apparently, South Korea had some sort of TV show called that as well.

And Sindberg, the Dane, did great things for those people, nothing can take away from that.

There is also an American pilot who is honored whom they have a landmark to over in China. That story may have been posted here. Even during the hard-core Maoist years in China, years of the great leap forward and cultural revolution, I read this American pilot was still honored for his help during World War II. Maybe I will try to find info on that later.

I'm just saying that because it is, and maybe it's justified, to really hate the Japanese for their acts in World War II, to US soldiers as well. I guess, I'm saying there is more to the story. We should be appalled by China as well and I don't think we are as much. The Japanese are caught in the act of these atrocities through photo and even their newspapers where their Imperialism was glorified.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 08:17:14 pm »
China has not been kind to ethnic minorities who a not Han Chinese.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.