Author Topic: Bernie Sanders wants to overhaul news media  (Read 291 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Bernie Sanders wants to overhaul news media
« on: August 30, 2019, 12:49:28 am »
Sen. Bernard Sanders called for an overhaul of the media business Monday, vowing to crack down on big mergers and to curb the influence of tech giants Mr. Sanders says are siphoning advertising revenue from news organizations.

He said he would take steps to block mergers of major media companies and require them to disclose whether their plans would involve significant layoffs of reporters. He also would give employees the opportunity to purchase outlets through stock before major deals are reached.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/aug/29/bernie-sanders-wants-to-overhaul-news-media-andrew/
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: Bernie Sanders wants to overhaul news media
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 12:54:53 am »

Something like this perhaps?
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 12:58:13 am »
Which is not happening. A business has the right to make business decisions which means layoffs. Sanders knows this but with the Democrat base becoming increasingly radicalized, he needs to compete with the others in the field tossing out nonsense
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 01:17:03 am »

The eternal question.
Why do so many Jews support the old U.S.S.R. when Russia persecuted and killed Jews for being Jewish?
That is a real question. Nobody on Earth knows the answer. It's a real mystery? Nobody knows?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.