Author Topic: Report: Joe Biden Fabricated Emotional Story About Afghanistan War  (Read 761 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Haris Alic 29 Aug 2019

Former Vice President Joe Biden is under fire for fabricating an emotional story about the war in Afghanistan while campaigning in New Hampshire last week.

Biden, whose penchant for confusing times and places has drawn worried whispers from even the staunchest of allies, told a heart wrenching story last Friday about being asked to pin a medal on a reluctant Navy officer. The story, which Biden told to more than 400 voters in Hanover, New Hampshire, quickly made an impact upon everyone in the room.

“A four-star general had asked the then-vice president to travel to Kunar province in Afghanistan, a dangerous foray into ‘godforsaken country’ to recognize the remarkable heroism of a Navy captain,” the Washington Post reported on Thursday. “Some told him it was too risky, but Biden said he brushed off their concerns.”

“We can lose a vice president,” Biden claimed to have said when asked to make the trip. “We can’t lose many more of these kids. Not a joke.”

As Biden recollected, the Navy captain “rappelled down a 60-foot ravine under fire and retrieved the body of an American comrade, carrying him on his back.” When the captain’s superiors wanted to honor his bravery with a “Silver Star,” the officer refused as it “felt like a failure” because his comrade had died.

“He said, ‘Sir, I don’t want the damn thing!’” said Biden, his “jaw clenched” and “voice rising to a shout,” according to the Post. “’Do not pin it on me, Sir! Please, Sir. Do not do that! He died. He died!’”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/08/29/report-joe-biden-fabricated-emotional-story-about-afghanistan-war/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Report: Joe Biden Fabricated Emotional Story About Afghanistan War
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 02:00:38 am »
Unbelievable.  I watched him saying that.  Full on emotion.  And, it didn't happen.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 02:08:05 am »
Unbelievable.  I watched him saying that.  Full on emotion.  And, it didn't happen.

Jill needs to take him home..although I think Jill wants it more than he does..Joe doesn't know where he is half the time.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 02:29:51 am »

Jill needs to take him home..although I think Jill wants it more than he does..Joe doesn't know where he is half the time.
That is not hyperbole. That is a fact. Biden just said yesterday, 'I just spoke somewhere, but I do not know where it was.'

Here is the Afghanistan nonsense broken down. The Left is saying, 'It doesn't matter that he was totally wrong about everything he said. It is the spirit of the lie that counts.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IndzH0HTZ7A
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 02:36:37 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 05:22:34 am »
@mystery-ak

I saw this on TV several times today.  It did happen but not where he said it did and he had the names wrong, had branch of the military wrong, and he said he gave/pinned the medal but it was Obama who did that.  I am just so sure he has dementia; he is confused constantly.  Jill needs to save him, what is she waiting for? 

This would upset me so much, I would get my husband out of there.  Plus, she had to know he was like this before he signed up, so what is wrong with her?  I have heard her speak several times, and she is fine mentally, so why is she allowing this?  I guess I call her, "husband abuser", for not protecting him just as you would be a "child abuser" if you didn't protect a child.

Every time I hear him, I want to go there and get him out of there, give him a cup of Darjeeling tea that is so fine, then listen to him tell me his life story as he remembers it.  That is the truth to him and that is all that matters when there are no people hunting for truth to knock him out of first place.  I think he is getting worse due to having to speak almost every day - his confusion increases due to having to speak so much - his mind can't keep up with the constant pressure on it.

Biden does't lie, his confused mind really thinks it happened that way, which is different than Trump who lies on purpose.

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 12:29:58 pm »
@mystery-ak

Biden does't lie, his confused mind really thinks it happened that way, which is different than Trump who lies on purpose.

You just had to throw Trump in there even tho this story has zero to do with Trump. The TDS is strong in you.

I knew the story was a lie has soon as he referred to a Navy Captain as a kid.  A Navy Captain is an O-6, right
below an Admiral. It takes decades of quality service to attain that rank, most career officers never make it to
captain.  So A Navy Caption is not a kid.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2019, 12:50:30 pm »
“This is the God’s truth,” Biden said. “My word as a Biden.”
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2019, 01:21:55 pm »
That is not hyperbole. That is a fact. Biden just said yesterday, 'I just spoke somewhere, but I do not know where it was.'

Here is the Afghanistan nonsense broken down. The Left is saying, 'It doesn't matter that he was totally wrong about everything he said. It is the spirit of the lie that counts.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IndzH0HTZ7A

They value ‘truth’ over facts.

Well, let’s just hope they don’t fall, riding up so high on that high horse of theirs.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2019, 01:42:55 pm »
@mystery-ak

I saw this on TV several times today.  It did happen but not where he said it did and he had the names wrong, had branch of the military wrong, and he said he gave/pinned the medal but it was Obama who did that.  I am just so sure he has dementia; he is confused constantly.  Jill needs to save him, what is she waiting for? 

This would upset me so much, I would get my husband out of there.  Plus, she had to know he was like this before he signed up, so what is wrong with her?  I have heard her speak several times, and she is fine mentally, so why is she allowing this?  I guess I call her, "husband abuser", for not protecting him just as you would be a "child abuser" if you didn't protect a child.

Every time I hear him, I want to go there and get him out of there, give him a cup of Darjeeling tea that is so fine, then listen to him tell me his life story as he remembers it.  That is the truth to him and that is all that matters when there are no people hunting for truth to knock him out of first place.  I think he is getting worse due to having to speak almost every day - his confusion increases due to having to speak so much - his mind can't keep up with the constant pressure on it.

Sure he does.  This story is classic Biden.  Why would you say that he doesn't lie?

Offline verga

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2019, 02:20:35 pm »
There is a vast difference between a fishing story... I caught one this big....and this type of behavior. A friend of mines husband is suffering from Alzheimer's. I am not suggesting that Biden has this horrific disease, but there is something wrong and he needs to bow out. He is not well and needs some sort of medical attention.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2019, 04:01:23 pm »
‘I don't know what the problem is. What is it that I said wrong?' Joe Biden DEFENDS false story that he gave reluctant Navy captain the silver star saying he got 'the essence' right - even though every detail was wrong
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7410913/Joe-Biden-DEFENDS-false-story-told-giving-reluctant-Navy-war-hero-Silver-Star.html
Support the USO

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2019, 04:05:35 pm »
I knew the story was a lie has soon as he referred to a Navy Captain as a kid.  A Navy Captain is an O-6, right
below an Admiral. It takes decades of quality service to attain that rank, most career officers never make it to
captain.  So A Navy Caption is not a kid.
@jpsb
True. This threw me for a loop when I wound up serving with an Army Airborne unit. A Captain in the Army is a kid, O-3. So, a Captain in the Army is a Lieutenant. They would tell me, 'You have to go see the Captain." and I would crap myself before realizing he was just a Platoon Leader. The Army also has a Sergeant MAJOR, which is something I could never wrap my head around. Is he a Sergeant, or is he a Major? Make up your mind.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2019, 04:08:53 pm »
My late father had early onset Alzheimers/Lewy Body variant. He got confused about things, too. He saw things that weren't there, and he imagined situations that were not true.

Joe does not sound like a man in full command of his faculties.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org