Author Topic: 'My job is to cover you': Neil Cavuto fires back at Trump's Fox News criticism  (Read 613 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'My job is to cover you': Neil Cavuto fires back at Trump's Fox News criticism
by Julio Rosas
 | August 29, 2019 05:59 PM

Fox News host Neil Cavuto responded to President Trump's recent criticisms of the network, specifically taking issue with his tweet that said, "Fox isn’t working for us anymore.”

"Well, first of all, Mr. President, we don't work for you. I don’t work for you. My job is to cover you, not fawn over you or rip you, just report on you. To call balls and strikes on you. My job Mr. President, our job here, is to keep the scores, not settle scores," the host said.

Cavuto, who also hosts a show on Fox Business, said, "Now in my case, to report the economic numbers when they're good and when they’re bad. When the markets are soaring and when they're tumbling. When trade talks looks they’re coming together and when they look like they're falling apart. It is called being fair and balanced, Mr. President."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/my-job-is-to-cover-you-neil-cavuto-fires-back-at-trumps-fox-news-criticism
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LottieDah

The sycophants at TOS have their 'nards' in a knot over Cavuto's statement.  What a fun read!

Offline Applewood

As long as Fox News slobbered over Trump, things were fine between them.  But one bad report and suddenly, Fox News is the enemy of the state. 

This goes to Trump's love affairs with Kim and Putin.  Both men have controls over the media in their respective countries.  Trump would love to have that kind of control in this country, but here we have that pesky impediment known as the First Amendment. It pains Trump to no end that he doesn't have the powers Putin and Kim have.

Seems to me that Trump is in a bit of a panic.  I'm sure he knows that while he has this core of supporters who will love him and vote for him no matter what, in order to win re-election next year, he must woo those outside that core -- the independents and undecideds in particular.  Right now, his supposedly great economy is showing signs of cracking.  For most voters, the economy is a major issue.  If it tanks, the president will be blamed.  This is typical for all presidents, not just Trump.  Trump can lie about the economy in his tweets and to reporters, but his potential voters are out there every day having to deal with rising prices, failing retirement nest eggs and maybe unemployment and other tanking economic indicators.  They are going to believe the economic news, not Trump.

But instead of taking the negative press and considering that maybe he might need to make some adjustments in policy and perhaps in his persona, Trump is lashing out at the messengers and blaming everyone but himself. This will not sit well with those voters outside his base.  They want results.  Whining about Fox News and blaming others is not going to produce those results. 

Offline verga

'My job is to cover you': Neil Cavuto fires back at Trump's Fox News criticism
by Julio Rosas
 | August 29, 2019 05:59 PM

Fox News host Neil Cavuto responded to President Trump's recent criticisms of the network, specifically taking issue with his tweet that said, "Fox isn’t working for us anymore.”

"Well, first of all, Mr. President, we don't work for you. I don’t work for you. My job is to cover you, not fawn over you or rip you, just report on you. To call balls and strikes on you. My job Mr. President, our job here, is to keep the scores, not settle scores," the host said.

Cavuto, who also hosts a show on Fox Business, said, "Now in my case, to report the economic numbers when they're good and when they’re bad. When the markets are soaring and when they're tumbling. When trade talks looks they’re coming together and when they look like they're falling apart. It is called being fair and balanced, Mr. President."

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/my-job-is-to-cover-you-neil-cavuto-fires-back-at-trumps-fox-news-criticism
That is called journalism
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
That is called journalism

Indeed.   I'm glad at least one member of the mainstream media still attempts to practice it,  as compared with the usual suspects who've pimped themselves.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Indeed.   I'm glad at least one member of the mainstream media still attempts to practice it,  as compared with the usual suspects who've pimped themselves.

As far as I know, Fox is still cable news and has not yet graduated into the realm of the MSM but I do agree that it is nice to see actual journalism in practice these days as that has become exceedingly rare across the board.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

My job is to cover you,

And you do so through your personal prism, oh sainted-one. 

Mr. Cavuto has not uttered a supportive statement on the President or his policies.  He counters any economic success with a "but" -- sometimes looking more than foolish. The best that can be said about Mr. Cavuto's job covering the President is his dislike of the President is transparent.

So it is no surprise that Cavuto took the President's comments so personally and reacted defensively.  He is right to do both.  Cavuto jettisoned the "fair and balanced" for this administration and not only the President has noticed.

Offline Applewood

And you do so through your personal prism, oh sainted-one. 

Mr. Cavuto has not uttered a supportive statement on the President or his policies.  He counters any economic success with a "but" -- sometimes looking more than foolish. The best that can be said about Mr. Cavuto's job covering the President is his dislike of the President is transparent.

So it is no surprise that Cavuto took the President's comments so personally and reacted defensively.  He is right to do both.  Cavuto jettisoned the "fair and balanced" for this administration and not only the President has noticed.

So I guess you would rather go back to Obama's reign where no one dared report a negative for fear of being called a racist. 

Reporting on the economy is always going to have some "buts" -- or it should -- because there is always something that could, at any time, cause a good economy to swirl the bowl. 

If I remember right, there was a report a year or two ago that said Trump wanted to set up his own news network.  Maybe that's what he should do so you and the rest of his supporters can have sunshine and roses 24/7.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline Right_in_Virginia

So I guess you would rather go back to Obama's reign where no one dared report a negative for fear of being called a racist. 

Reporting on the economy is always going to have some "buts" -- or it should -- because there is always something that could, at any time, cause a good economy to swirl the bowl. 

You miss my point @Applewood  "Some buts" would be fair and balanced.  All buts all the time is Cavuto's personal animus toward the President hemorrhaging into his reporting.