Author Topic: Academia Today ‘Not for Faint-Hearted,’ Says Professor Who Lost His Job for Talking About Gender  (Read 384 times)

rangerrebew

Academia Today ‘Not for Faint-Hearted,’ Says Professor Who Lost His Job for Talking About Gender

Rachel del Guidice  August 27, 2019

Academia today “is not for the faint-hearted,” says a veteran professor who was head of child and adolescent psychiatry at the University of Louisville School of Medicine until he was demoted and then let go for making public comments on gender identity.

“You know, I really was an academic physician, not a politician. I wasn’t there with an agenda or an activist position,” Dr. Allan Josephson, who also was a professor of psychiatry, told The Daily Signal in a recent phone interview.

“And what I want to do is what I started to do years ago, [which] is practice child and adolescent psychiatry [and] do it as well as I could. And universities who have people like myself there must respect my free speech rights, regardless of what I would say.”

https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/08/27/academia-today-not-for-faint-hearted-says-professor-who-lost-his-job-for-talking-about-gender/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=academia-today-not-for-faint-hearted-says-professor-who-lost-his-job-for-talking-about-gender&
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 01:07:24 pm by rangerrebew »