Author Topic: Navy SEAL Creed / Ethos  (Read 383 times)

rangerrebew

Navy SEAL Creed / Ethos
« on: August 29, 2019, 12:29:39 pm »
Navy SEAL Creed / Ethos
Posted on January 1, 2019 Author Rob V. 

Below is a mix of Navy SEAL creeds and ethos that have been collected from a variety of sources.

Official Navy SEAL Creed From US Navy Website

“In times of war or uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation’s call. A common man with uncommon desire to succeed. Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America’s finest special operations forces to serve his country, the American people, and protect their way of life. I am that man.

My Trident is a symbol of honor and heritage. Bestowed upon me by the heroes that have gone before, it embodies the trust of those I have sworn to protect. By wearing the Trident I accept the responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life. It is a privilege that I must earn every day.

My loyalty to Country and Team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own.

https://www.operationmilitarykids.org/navy-seal-creed-ethos/

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Navy SEAL Creed / Ethos
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 02:47:50 pm »
Navy SEAL Creed / Ethos
Posted on January 1, 2019 Author Rob V. 

Below is a mix of Navy SEAL creeds and ethos that have been collected from a variety of sources.

Official Navy SEAL Creed From US Navy Website

“In times of war or uncertainty there is a special breed of warrior ready to answer our Nation’s call. A common man with uncommon desire to succeed. Forged by adversity, he stands alongside America’s finest special operations forces to serve his country, the American people, and protect their way of life. I am that man.

My Trident is a symbol of honor and heritage. Bestowed upon me by the heroes that have gone before, it embodies the trust of those I have sworn to protect. By wearing the Trident I accept the responsibility of my chosen profession and way of life. It is a privilege that I must earn every day.

My loyalty to Country and Team is beyond reproach. I humbly serve as a guardian to my fellow Americans always ready to defend those who are unable to defend themselves. I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions. I voluntarily accept the inherent hazards of my profession, placing the welfare and security of others before my own.

https://www.operationmilitarykids.org/navy-seal-creed-ethos/

I notice that "keeping my mouth shut, acting professional, and not continuously blabbing to the media" didn't make the cut.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 07:28:25 am »
I notice that "keeping my mouth shut, acting professional, and not continuously blabbing to the media" didn't make the cut.
I noticed you didn't read it all:
From the OP:
I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2019, 01:14:29 pm »
I do not advertise the nature of my work, nor seek recognition for my actions.

And I believe that 99 44/100% of them do exactly that!  One bad apple can spoil the entire barrell.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2019, 09:36:17 pm »
And I believe that 99 44/100% of them do exactly that!  One bad apple can spoil the entire barrell.

There's a lot more than just one bad apple, although obviously a majority still know how to keep their mouths shut.  But whatever exact the percentage of guys who crave the spotlight, it is way too high, and the SEAL's themselves know that:

Navy SEALs to other Navy SEALs: Don’t write books about being Navy SEALs

https://www.mhpbooks.com/navy-seals-to-other-navy-seals-dont-write-books-about-being-navy-seals/