Author Topic: Collins says she's 'sad' about some of the support she lost from voters over her vote for Kavanaugh  (Read 159 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Collins says she's 'sad' about some of the support she lost from voters over her vote for Kavanaugh
By Aris Folley - 08/27/19 05:41 PM EDT

Republican Sen. Susan Collins (Maine) said in a recent interview that she is “sad” about some of the support she has lost from voters in the past year over her decision to vote to confirm Justice Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court last fall.

In an interview with Politico published on Monday, Collins opened up about some of the backlash she has received from voters since voting to confirm Kavanaugh to the court after a multiple allegations of sexual assault were brought against him last year.

“Have I lost some votes because of my decision to support Justice Kavanaugh? Yes, I have,” Collins said. “And I’m sad about that because I explained in great depth my decision-making.”

However, Collins added she believes “there still is an appreciation in Maine for someone who looks at the facts of an issue, votes with integrity and independence.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/459046-collins-says-shes-sad-about-some-of-the-support-shes-lost-from-voters-over
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34