Author Topic: Hurricane Dorian is at Category 2 strength on the way up the East coast...updated  (Read 14956 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
BKMK

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Applewood

Publix makes hurricane cookie cake as Dorian looms

As Hurricane Dorian barrels towards Florida's east coast, one local supermarket chain created a confection that's churning up some mixed reactions on social media.

While the storm and it's path are no joke, Publix took the opportunity while preparing for the storm to bake up a creative cookie cake frosted to look like a weather forecast to give shoppers a moment of levity.
…
The circular storm snack is iced with bright blue frosting for the ocean, the silhouette of the state in green and a white outline that depicts the cone containment of the storm with a swirl of red for the eye of the storm.

Photo of the cookie cake here:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/publix-makes-hurricane-cookie-cake-as-dorian-looms/ar-AAGvQ2x?ocid=spartanntp

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
IMO, this is 'The Boy who cried Wolf!'

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Cue Don Henley's intro-beat to "Dirty Laundry".....
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline thackney

IMO, this is 'The Boy who cried Wolf!'

How many Major Hurricanes hit the US without killing a couple dozen people or so?
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Former Canadian prime minister hopes Hurricane Dorian strikes 'direct hit on Mar a Lago'
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/former-canadian-prime-minister-hopes-hurricane-dorian-strikes-direct-hit-on-mar-a-lago
Support the USO

Offline Applewood

Offline Applewood

Did the idiot ex-prime minister consider that a direct hit on Mar-a-Lago could cost innocent lives?  Or does her hatred for Trump  blind her that much?

I don't like Trump, but not to the point that I wish him or anyone else to die.

Offline Applewood

FWIW:  Latest from USA Today:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/08/30/hurricane-dorian-updates-florida-labor-day-weekend-storm/2158037001/

Now the weather soothsayers are predicting Dorian will hit land "somewhere between the Florida Keys and southern Georgia."  In other words, they don't know where.

Offline thackney

Now the weather soothsayers are predicting Dorian will hit land "somewhere between the Florida Keys and southern Georgia."  In other words, they don't know where.

The steering currents are weak, slow moving and expected to weaken.

Not only does this make predictions difficult, the risk of damaging rainfall is greater due to slow moving storm.

https://www.weathernerds.org/tc_guidance/storm.html?tcid=AL05
« Last Edit: August 30, 2019, 12:56:48 pm by thackney »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Applewood

@thackney

Gotta love those spaghetti charts.  LOL

Thanks for the update and insight.  Pea brained rubes like me need all the help we can get.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Bookmark
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
So, Sunday night/Monday morning landfall?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Look, Here is what is going to happen.   Mark my words.   I'm sitting here in the panhandle.  The wind is coming from the north northeast.  The humidity has dropped to 50% and it has cooled off considerably.  Tomorrow the wind will be out of the east and the temps will be cooler again but the humidity will increase..  This will steer the 'Cain out into the Atlantic and it will go north.  Worst case it will brush FL. It will not be a Cat 4 IF it hits land.

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Look, Here is what is going to happen.   Mark my words.   I'm sitting here in the panhandle.  The wind is coming from the north northeast.  The humidity has dropped to 50% and it has cooled off considerably.  Tomorrow the wind will be out of the east and the temps will be cooler again but the humidity will increase..  This will steer the 'Cain out into the Atlantic and it will go north.  Worst case it will brush FL. It will not be a Cat 4 IF it hits land.

Sounds like a good prediction. 

Offline cato potatoe

Looks like it will mosey up to Eleuthera island, scare the crap out of 30 million people, and then choose a winner.

Offline Applewood

I hope for your sake and the sake of everyone in Florida, Georgia and elsewhere along the coast, you are correct. 

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
I hope for your sake and the sake of everyone in Florida, Georgia and elsewhere along the coast, you are correct.

Me too. Sandy was a nightmare. I don’t like hurricanes.

Offline Applewood

@Gefn

Are you getting anything yet from the other storm, Erin?  Last I heard Erin was not expected to make landfall, but it was going to dump a pile of rain along the east coast. 

Offline Gefn

• Cat Mod
@Gefn

Are you getting anything yet from the other storm, Erin?  Last I heard Erin was not expected to make landfall, but it was going to dump a pile of rain along the east coast.

My flowers need rain .  Haven’t heard about Erin though I’ve been offline for a bit. I’ll google it now
Thanks @Applewood

Offline Applewood

My flowers need rain .  Haven’t heard about Erin though I’ve been offline for a bit. I’ll google it now
Thanks @Applewood

@Gefn

Not much is being reported about Erin; most of the focus has been on Dorian.  Erin is small potatoes compared to what Dorian is expected to become.