Author Topic: Hurricane Dorian is at Category 2 strength on the way up the East coast...updated  (Read 14945 times)

Offline Applewood

Tropical Storm Dorian could be hurricane as it nears Puerto Rico, forecasters say

San Juan, Puerto Rico -- The National Hurricane Center issued a hurricane watch and tropical storm warning for Puerto Rico early Tuesday as Tropical Storm Dorian moved through the Windward Islands. Also early Tuesday, the Dominican Republic government issued a hurricane watch for some parts of the island and a tropical storm watch for portions of its north and south coasts.

The hurricane center, in Miami, recommended that residents of the Virgin Islands keep an eye on Dorian, as well. The center said that, as of 2 p.m. EDT Tuesday, the storm had maximum sustained winds of 50 mph and was forecast to strengthen over the next 48 hours as it moved toward Puerto Rico.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tropical-storm-dorian-could-be-hurricane-nears-puerto-rico-latest-track-path-weather-forecast-model-today-2019-08-27/

I just hope PR is better prepared this time.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 05:52:23 pm by mystery-ak »

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
 Trumps fault. Man made global warming.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

Trumps fault. Man made global warming.

And he didn't go to the global warming meeting at G7.  That's why the hurricane is coming.  (sarc)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
And he didn't go to the global warming meeting at G7.  That's why the hurricane is coming.  (sarc)

Even mother nature has TDS!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I hope it swamps the open-air sewer.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Latest from Levi:

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

Offline Applewood

Live updates: Dorian strengthens to Category 1 hurricane as storms bears down on Puerto Rico

Dorian strengthened to a Category 1 hurricane as it neared Puerto Rico Wednesday afternoon.

The storm will then move north, potentially becoming a major Category 3 hurricane when it reaches Florida over the holiday weekend.

Dorian isn't forecast to make landfall in Puerto Rico, but the island may still see 10 inches of heavy rain as well as mudslides and flooding.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dorian-sets-sights-florida-tropical-storm-erin-develops/story?id=65237210

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
It looks like the powerful "windward" side of the storm is missing PR, which is probably why they are now predicting a 3 when it hits the mainland. 
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at5.shtml?start#contents

WTH?????

Never seen such a massive adjustment in projected strength in just 24 hours......
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
WTH?????

Never seen such a massive adjustment in projected strength in just 24 hours......

Wasn't there one predicted to be a 3 at landfall last year, only to collapse to barely a 1 before it hit the shore?
I will NOT comply.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Wasn't there one predicted to be a 3 at landfall last year, only to collapse to barely a 1 before it hit the shore?

I think so, but this sucker was forecasted to be a depression at the 5 day point, about a day ago.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

Depending on what map you look at, it appears the weather guessers are forecasting landfall in Florida anywhere from  Jacksonville to Vero Beach. 

But who knows? 

Offline thackney

Depending on what map you look at, it appears the weather guessers are forecasting landfall in Florida anywhere from  Jacksonville to Vero Beach. 

But who knows?

The different models are still showing a wide variety of paths.

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online Wingnut

But who knows?

I'm getting ready for it.  Even though it will be a huge dud.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 06:54:01 pm by The Ghost »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think so, but this sucker was forecasted to be a depression at the 5 day point, about a day ago.

Ah!  Yes, it was.  At the time, it was "Maybe a Hurricane" if/when it hits the mainland.  It remains to be seen if it holds to the models.  I consider 2 or more to be a killer storm....Prayers for our Floridian friends (and Georgians, too.  They aren't breathing easy just yet).
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I'm getting ready for it.  Even though it will be a huge dude.

That's a great idea!  Just be sure and unplug the washer....
I will NOT comply.

Offline Applewood

I'm getting ready for it.  Even though it will be a huge dud.

:thumbsup:

Online Wingnut

That's a great idea!  Just be sure and unplug the washer....

:pondering:

:beer:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
:pondering:

:beer:

"Better listen to him, he's Pre-Law."
"I thought he was Pre-Med?"
"Same thing."
I will NOT comply.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

WTH?????

Yesterday they had it going over land on the way to FL, now it's open sea.  Weakening vs strengthening.

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yesterday they had it going over land on the way to FL, now it's open sea.  Weakening vs strengthening.

That is my uninformed guess as well.  The bullet PR dodged is pointed at Florida/Georgia now.
I will NOT comply.

Online Wingnut

"Better listen to him, he's Pre-Law."
"I thought he was Pre-Med?"
"Same thing."

Point of parliamentary procedure!

Bluto was pre-law all along.

The evidence: After Flounder sees the damage to his brother's car he starts sobbing, Bluto gives him a six-pack and tells him to start drinking heavily. Otter then says, "Better listen to him, Flounder, he's in pre-med."

But, the end of the movie tells us that he is now a Senator in DC. Not a doctor.

But Otter becomes a doctor. He becomes a gynecologist in California. And this is in spite of an earlier conversation at the Delta's trial.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher

Well understand that premise.  My point was the incredible difference in a 24 hour intensity forcast.

Offline Victoria33

But who knows?
@Applewood
@Cyber Liberty

It is 2:18 pm, central time.  I just saw the various paths it could take and two of those paths show it crossing Florida and passing into the gulf.  Gulf waters are hotter than where it is now; I do not want it in the gulf and threatening Texas.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 03:30:01 am by Victoria33 »