Author Topic: ‘We Are Ready’ — Second Amendment Sanctuary City Mayor Speaks Out On How They Plan To Fight Californ  (Read 974 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
The mayor of a town trying to become a Second Amendment sanctuary in the heavily regulated state of California spoke out on Tuesday night’s edition of “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

The city council of Needles, California, population 4,844, voted unanimously in July to make their town a sanctuary city for the Second Amendment, but the declaration will have no real impact until legislation is written and makes its way through any court challenges the state is likely to pursue.

Needles Mayor Jeff Williams told Fox News host Tucker Carlson that his town is “ready” to draft legislation and fight the battle in court if need be.

Williams told Carlson that his town’s two major goals are to “get California to recognize other states’ concealed weapons permit holders,” since Needles is on the border of Nevada and Arizona, and also to amend Proposition 63, which makes ammunition buyers “register and stay in California to buy ammunition,” resulting in hundreds of miles of driving for Needles citizens legally barred from purchasing out of state which, for them, would be only several miles away.

“That’s crazy,” Tucker responded. “Obviously. So you are proposing that residents of your city do the obvious and just exercise their constitutional rights. If you do that, what will the state do in response, do you believe?”

Noting that they are currently writing the legislation, Williams hopes to “have other border cities joining us in these efforts, so hopefully we can get more assemblymen, senators and such, to help us.”

“And we will see what happens,” he said. “It might have to be taken into the courts as usual with California, but we are ready.”

When asked why not just “ignore” the law as immigration sanctuary cities have, Williams agreed in principle but also stated his respect for the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, with which his town has a contract.

“So, I’m not going to do anything to mess with that situation,” said Williams. “We are going to be trying to do it the right way with legislation, and then if we have to go through the courts, we will go to the courts.”

“A lot of California’s gun laws don’t make it safer,” he added. “You’ve seen that all over the country. The gun laws aren’t helping. It is a mental health issue and that’s what they need to fix.”

https://dailycaller.com/2019/08/20/needles-california-mayor-jeff-williams-gun-sanctuary/
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 04:26:38 pm by txradioguy »
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
For a change, it sounds like a 'common sense' gun law!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For a change, it sounds like a 'common sense' gun law!

It is.  My County Supervisor was instrumental in getting Needles to pass this, right across the river.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
It is.  My County Supervisor was instrumental in getting Needles to pass this, right across the river.

Kinda interesting that at the same time this is going on...California wants to talk with Nevada about adopting California style gun laws.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Kinda interesting that at the same time this is going on...California wants to talk with Nevada about adopting California style gun laws.

I would not be surprised if the two issues are related.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.