Author Topic: Drought conditions worsen in Texas, disaster declaration issued for several counties  (Read 791 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
KSAT By Justin Horne 8/26/2019

Wildfire threat also increasing

Despite a few welcome rain showers over this past weekend, South Texas continues to see drought conditions grow. 

As of Monday, much of Bexar County is rated as "abnormally dry," meaning San Antonio sits on the edge of drought conditions. 

Meantime, parts of the area are facing moderate, severe and even extreme drought. One of the hardest hit areas is Webb County, which sits along the Texas-Mexico border. The Texas Panhandle is also seeing areas with extreme drought. 

More: https://www.ksat.com/news/drought-conditions-worsen-in-texas-disaster-declaration-issued-for-several-counties

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's summertime.  We always go into drought conditions in the summer.

Online corbe

Just got back in from watering my Crepe Myrtles and roses.  My huge, old pecan trees are stressing, they'll be leafless within three weeks, no crop this year. 
   Everything, including me, will be back next year to give it another go.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Yep, another year, another August.

Offline thackney

Two years ago, it wasn't drought we were concerned with....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Victoria33

7:00 am, 20 miles north of Dallas, about 5:00 am, had a really heavy rain, first in weeks.  Temps here have been 100 for a month.  Oops, thunder again, good, more rain.

Now, there is a hurricane building to hit Puerto Rico and Florida. Weather guy said the water under this tropical storm is 90 degrees.  Storm will get very strong with hot water feeding it.
After Harvey, 40 inches of rain where my main house is, do not want another one like that.  Big hurricanes there come in August and September when ocean water is hottest.  Looking forward to October, however that is my birthday month, 86.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
We broke the drought in N Texas several years ago.  Lake Ray Roberts was filled to the brim! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.