Author Topic: NYT publisher warns: Right-wingers are combing through our staff’s social media posts for embarrassi  (Read 394 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
NYT publisher warns: Right-wingers are combing through our staff’s social media posts for embarrassing material

AllahpunditPosted at 1:31 pm on August 26, 2019

Go figure that the media should enjoy a special exemption from having its public comments scrutinized, according to the media.

It’s for the rest of the world, I guess, to navigate our modern social-media hellscape in which every intemperate and loutish comment lives forever and is grounds for a public-shaming campaign that might result in one being fired or threatened with death.

If righty activists were blazing a trail in digging through old Twitter archives of political enemies as a form of information warfare, I’d be more sympathetic to the complaint. American politics is already more cutthroat than it should be; no need to introduce some groundbreaking new method of personal destruction. If the activists were doing more than looking for public comments by reporters, like trying to doxx them, I’d be very sympathetic to their targets. But the only thing the people involved are guilty of so far, as the NYT acknowledges in a news story about this, is replicating the cancel-culture M.O. that outfits like Media Matters have been using for years. When Fox News personalities complain about Media Matters dumpster-diving on the Internet for “problematic” comments they made years ago, the response is always the same: You said/wrote these words, knowing they’d be public. They didn’t stick a microphone through your bedroom window to eavesdrop. It’s fine if you want to repent now, but we’re all accountable for our public utterances.

more
https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit/2019/08/26/nyt-publisher-warns-right-wingers-combing-staffs-social-media-posts-embarrassing-material/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Funny, when the media does this, it's called good journalism by them.

Scrutiny of thee but not of me.

The media really believes it's the fourth branch of govt.
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

What's good for the goose...

Offline PeteS in CA

Funny, when the media does this, it's called good journalism by them.

Scrutiny of thee but not of me.

The media really believes it's the fourth branch of govt.

They can't handle being the objects of investigative journalism. How they could not imagine that ever happening, I don't understand. It's like some sort of weird messianic complex, they think themselves sacred, but anybody else potential or actual targets.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
How do you like it, NYT? :rolling:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
What's good for the goose...

Funny how they don't think they have to adhere to the rules of the game they created.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline verga

Funny how they don't think they have to adhere to the rules of the game they created.
Cloward and Piven. They made the rules, now they have to live under them.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
He will blame their bedbug infestation in the NYT "wellness room" on conservative/right wingers too. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.