Author Topic: Johnson & Johnson ordered to pay Oklahoma $572m for fueling opioid crisis in landmark civil case  (Read 1228 times)

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Why not the doctors or pharmacies where the scrips were filled....

$572 million.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline corbe

Johnson & Johnson is probably supplying Texas with their Lethal Injection drug.  My point is/was got lost in a fog, but where do yall draw the line, we got 7 more to kill this year, alone?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

@corbe

I have never felt any "pleasure" 'high/low whatever" from my required pain pills.  They, along with a shot in my shoulder every three months, make me free of pain.  I asked the ortho doc about this - why I felt nothing from the pills.  He said, "That is because you have real pain and your body response is, you have no pain.  If someone does not have real pain and takes the pills, they will feel them in another way.

@Victoria33

I didn't get high from opioids, but they put me in a fog.  People can talk to me and I'll just sit there and say, "Huh?"  "What?"   This wasn't good when I was working and had to be alert and sharp.    I guess addicts like being in orbit.  I'd rather be on earth. 

My hospital records say I'm "allergic" to opioids.   LOL  I insisted on that designation.  Seems this is the only way I can prevent hospitals from giving me opioids as the first treatment for pain.   Hospitals here push these drugs when a patient is in pain.  I don't want them.

Offline NavyCanDo

Cities that run needle exchange programs need to be liable as well.  And there is nothing "exchange" about them. Here in Seattle thay hand needles out by bags of up to 300. No dirty needle exchange needed.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline verga

I sure hope J&J does win on appeal. I think J&J already was hit with a big judgment over its talcum powder.  These judgment will drive up all drug prices and maybe send companies into bankruptcy.
I agree that this judgement is over the top, but the Talcum powder was not. They knowingly sold a product that contained asbestos after it had been banned. Women developed ovarian and uterine cancers from prolonged exposure to this.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.