Author Topic: New Hampshire Governor Sununu Vetoes Three Gun Control Bills  (Read 1265 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
New Hampshire Governor Sununu Vetoes Three Gun Control Bills
« on: August 25, 2019, 11:10:41 pm »
There’s good news to report coming out of New Hampshire. Governor Chris Sununu recently vetoed three gun control bills. The bills included a three-day waiting period, prohibiting carrying a firearm on school property and background checks on private sales.

Meanwhile, New Hampshire GOP spokesman Joe Sweeney explained the three gun control bills had been on Democratic leaders’ desks since at least June, accusing them of a “shameful and disgusting exploitation of a national tragedy,” reported nationalreview.com.

The governor and other New Hampshire Republicans reportedly accused the Democratic leader of the state senate of manipulation, according to nationalreview.com. While the bills passed the state senate in May, Democratic state senate president Donna Soucy only just officially sent the bills to the governor’s desk. Many believe that timing involved waiting for a moment such as the recent mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton.

However, Governor Sununu left no doubt where he stood on the position in his veto message:

These three bills would not solve our national issues nor would they prevent evil individuals from doing harm, but they would further restrict the constitutional rights of law abiding New Hampshire citizens. The New Hampshire Constitution states ‘All persons have the right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves, their families, their property and the state.’ This language provides what many believe to be more expansive legal protections for gun ownership than the second amendment to the United States Constitution.

“New Hampshire is one of the safest states in the nation and we have a long tradition of responsible firearm stewardship,” the governor later said via Twitter. “Our gun laws are well-crafted and fit our culture of responsible gun ownership and individual freedom.”

https://www.personaldefenseworld.com/2019/08/sununu-vetoes-gun-control-bills/
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: New Hampshire Governor Sununu Vetoes Three Gun Control Bills
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2019, 11:13:54 pm »
"Live Free Or Die" is hanging on by a thread in New Hamster.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2019, 11:18:19 pm »
"Live Free Or Die" is hanging on by a thread in New Hamster.

Well look what they're surrounded by.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2019, 11:24:36 pm »
Well look what they're surrounded by.

The enemy.   :cool:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2019, 11:28:34 pm »
The enemy.   :cool:

On all sides.  They are IIRC one of the only states on my CCDW reciprocity map above the Mason-Dixon line I can legally carry.  The others are are Maine and Vermont..

Offline verga

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2019, 12:54:24 pm »
We need universal reciprocity.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 01:00:36 pm »

That would be great, but will not happen in the current environment. At least those of us who live in Northern New England (ME, NH, VT) can enjoy Constitutional carry, and not have to leave our pistols behind, as when I have to go to Massachusetts. Or, God forbid: New Jersey.... where that which is perfectly legal in my home state would be a felony, punishable by years in prison.   
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 03:54:14 pm by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline thackney

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 01:10:59 pm »

I don't agree.  If the federal government can force California to accept Texas gun laws, they can force Texas to accept California gun laws.

Now make a federal constitutional carry, I can go for that.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer