Author Topic: Joe Walsh will challenge Trump for the 2020 Republican presidential nomination  (Read 1193 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Walsh will challenge Trump for the 2020 Republican presidential nomination
by Naomi Lim
 & Julio Rosas
 | August 25, 2019 09:21 AM

Tea Party favorite Joe Walsh will take on President Trump for the 2020 Republican nomination.

Walsh, 57, plans to challenge Trump by arguing the White House incumbent is “morally unfit" for the office, an uphill battle considering the president’s sustained support from his base.

Walsh supported Trump during the 2016 presidential election, but has since become an outspoken critic. He made the announcement on ABC's This Week with George Stephanopoulos.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/joe-walsh-will-challenge-trump-for-the-2020-republican-presidential-nomination
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That Justin Amish dude is looking to run also.  Now there is a ticket for success if I've ever seen one.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
That Justin Amish dude is looking to run also.  Now there is a ticket for success if I've ever seen one.

They can call it the Bitter Pieces of Shit party.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Can they work in Mittens for the trifecta on bitter shit pieces party.

Offline EdJames

Can they work in Mittens for the trifecta on bitter shit pieces party.

Mittens and Amish will kick Walsh to the curb.

Online Wingnut

Mittens and Amish will kick Walsh to the curb.

They remind of two cats on quaaludes.  Very low intensity.

Offline Applewood

'Whatever': Trump campaign unfazed by Joe Walsh primary challenge

Perhaps Trump's campaign people are unfazed, but I'll bet Trump isn't.  Walsh is in for the fight of his life.  I hope he's ready for the Ted Cruz treatment. 

cc:  @Victoria33

Offline Night Hides Not

Perhaps Trump's campaign people are unfazed, but I'll bet Trump isn't.  Walsh is in for the fight of his life.  I hope he's ready for the Ted Cruz treatment. 

Dumb Azz Walsh had a good thing going. He just threw everything away, for the title "Former Presidential Candidate."
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Applewood

Dumb Azz Walsh had a good thing going. He just threw everything away, for the title "Former Presidential Candidate."

Oh I don't know.  That title might look good on his resume...for a job at Burger King. 

Seriously, I wonder where Walsh will get the financial resources for his campaign.  If he doesn't have the money, he's just going to be another William Weld. 

And he should have something more to offer other than he isn't Trump. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Is he upset the wall hasn't been built too? This topic of conversation per Walsh came up earlier. He comes on in the middle of the night here, the bit I did hear from him wasn't bad. I don't really downgrade his character. He didn't seem like a bad guy or anything. Of course, I don't think he has what it takes for this, primarily financially speaking.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
A good thing going? The guy was hosting a late-night talk radio show on the third-tier Salem Radio Network with a resume of "one-term Congressman" whose inflammatory rhetoric rivaled that of Trump (I mean, he uttered the word no white man can speak on Twitter, repeatedly, if that gives you an idea). The guy has almost nothing to lose.

The guy's voting record was pretty solid, but he's far from living large right now. Even so, he's probably the highest ranking candidate that anyone in the GOP is going to be able to muster against him. You'd have to have nothing to lose to take on this challenge.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

Oh I don't know.  That title might look good on his resume...for a job at Burger King. 

Seriously, I wonder where Walsh will get the financial resources for his campaign.  If he doesn't have the money, he's just going to be another William Weld. 

And he should have something more to offer other than he isn't Trump.

Gotta figure Soros will be in for seven figures.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Wingnut

Why TF are you CC'n Marcy?

Online corbe

No argument here is complete without Marcy weighing in.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline EdJames

As seen on CNN!

Offline Applewood

Why TF are you CC'n Marcy?

She's not allowed here?

Offline Victoria33

Oh I don't know.  That title might look good on his resume...for a job at Burger King.   Seriously, I wonder where Walsh will get the financial resources for his campaign.  If he doesn't have the money, he's just going to be another William Weld.  And he should have something more to offer other than he isn't Trump.
@Applewood

If he doesn't have money, he is going no where.  I am sorry that is true.  It means no matter how qualified you are, you have to have millions of dollars to get elected. Also, Walsh served one term and his district was redrawn, cutting the district apart, so he had a choice of running against a Republican in one part of the old district or running against a Democrat in the other part of the old district. He ran against the Democrat and was defeated.  So, he has sort of a knowledge how government works, but a two year term in the House is all he has. If he manages to last until a debate, the public will at least get an idea of what he knows.  Since he is a radio guy he should be able to get through a debate fairly well in terms of not being antsy/nervous on stage.

Online jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Joe Walsh who???  I mean really, are the Republicans jealous of the Dem clown car?

Well, Mr Walsh, morality is not part of the definition or requirement of being POTUS.  After Kennedy marching one woman after another into the White House, and Clinton's act, the GOP and Democommies are concerned about morality?  Really?

Offline Applewood

Joe Walsh who???  I mean really, are the Republicans jealous of the Dem clown car?

Right now, there are 4 Republican contenders as opposed to what?  23 Democrats?  Remember that in 2016, the Republicans started out with 17or 19 or so contenders.   So Republicans have no room to talk about the Democrat "clown car."

Well, Mr Walsh, morality is not part of the definition or requirement of being POTUS.  After Kennedy marching one woman after another into the White House, and Clinton's act, the GOP and Democommies are concerned about morality?  Really?

Morality should be a qualification for the top job.  After all, the president is supposed to be a leader and good leaders lead by example.  I don't expect perfection.  Only God is perfect.  But I would have thought voters could have done better than a serial adulterer, liar and cheat. 

I notice that both presidents you mention are Democrats.  Republicans used to hold their leaders to higher standards.  Hell, I remember there was controversy over Ronald Reagan being a divorced man.  But to my knowledge he didn't have a bimbo du jour in the White House.  Divorce is not as scandalous as it once was, but adultery should be. 

When we don't care about the character of our leaders, we are setting up our nation for failure. 

Offline dancer

Morality should be a qualification for the top job.  After all, the president is supposed to be a leader and good leaders lead by example.  I don't expect perfection.  Only God is perfect.  But I would have thought voters could have done better than a serial adulterer, liar and cheat. 

I notice that both presidents you mention are Democrats.  Republicans used to hold their leaders to higher standards.  Hell, I remember there was controversy over Ronald Reagan being a divorced man.  But to my knowledge he didn't have a bimbo du jour in the White House.  Divorce is not as scandalous as it once was, but adultery should be. 

When we don't care about the character of our leaders, we are setting up our nation for failure.
Morality?  He is a deadbeat Dad.  Not paying for child support:

Joe Walsh: Just your average, regular deadbeat dad kind of a guy
https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/lawmaker-news/174695-joe-walsh-just-your-average-regular-deadbeat-dad-kind-of-a-guy

Online libertybele

:rolling:  So now we have the GOP, DEMS, and the BPOS parties!  Love it.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Morality?  He is a deadbeat Dad.  Not paying for child support:

Joe Walsh: Just your average, regular deadbeat dad kind of a guy
https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/lawmaker-news/174695-joe-walsh-just-your-average-regular-deadbeat-dad-kind-of-a-guy
Child support is feminism's greatest racket. If that's the worst you've got on him, you're going to have a bad time.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024