Author Topic: Kudlow denies international criticism of Trump tariffs: G-7 'has gone very well'  (Read 239 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kudlow denies international criticism of Trump tariffs: G-7 'has gone very well'
By Rebecca Klar - 08/25/19 09:48 AM EDT

President Trump's national economic adviser, Larry Kudlow, said Sunday that reports that international leaders are warning that U.S. tariffs may lead to a global recession are wrong.

Kudlow during an appearance on CNN's "State of the Union" denied that world leaders are expressing concern over Trump's ongoing trade war with China.
ADVERTISEMENT

CNN played a clip of U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson, one of Trump's closest allies, during a meeting at the Group of 7 (G-7) summit in Biarritz, France. In it, Johnson expresses doubt over Trump's increasing tariffs, as other leaders have throughout the summit.

"I'm not sure I agree with how you portray that. I was in that meeting," Kudlow pushed back.

"That's a quote," CNN's Brianna Keilar responded.

"Sometimes, you're taking a quote out of context," Kudlow said

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/458725-kudlow-denies-international-criticism-on-trump-tariffs-g-7-has
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Error 404 (Not Found)!!1

This is slightly less pathetic than the 'double negative' excuse offered after the press conference debacle with Putin.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.