Author Topic: Biden ties himself to John McCain on death anniversary: ‘Political giant, and genuine American hero’  (Read 262 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden ties himself to John McCain on death anniversary: ‘Political giant, and genuine American hero’
by Hunter Lovell
 | August 25, 2019 02:01 PM

Former Vice President Joe Biden on Sunday marked the one-year anniversary former Republican Sen. John McCain's death, saying the United States lost a "political giant" and a "genuine American hero."

"One year ago, we lost a political giant, and a genuine American hero—my friend, my frequent opponent—John McCain. We still feel keenly his loss in our public life," the 2020 Democratic front-runner said in a statement.

"John lived by a code that sometimes seemed to be from another era, where honor, courage, character and integrity mattered," the statement continued. "But in truth, John’s code was ageless—an American code, grounded in decency and basic fairness and an intolerance for the abuse of power. A code neither selfish, nor self-serving."

McCain died Aug. 25, 2018, just four days before he would have turned 82, after battling an aggressive brain cancer for more than a year.

Biden recalled a message from McCain's final letter to the American people, which encouraged citizens everywhere to "believe always in the promise and greatness of America, because nothing is inevitable here."

The former vice president advocated in the statement for U.S. citizens to "engage in acts of civility" in remembrance of McCain.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/biden-ties-himself-to-john-mccain-on-death-anniversary-political-giant-and-genuine-american-hero
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien