Author Topic: Joe Walsh will challenge Trump for the 2020 Republican presidential nomination  (Read 1192 times)

Offline Applewood

Morality?  He is a deadbeat Dad.  Not paying for child support:

Joe Walsh: Just your average, regular deadbeat dad kind of a guy
https://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/lawmaker-news/174695-joe-walsh-just-your-average-regular-deadbeat-dad-kind-of-a-guy

I worked for attorneys, some of whom represented domestic relations clients (divorce, child custody, child support, etc.).  I can tell you that as @jmyrlefuller said, child support can be a racket.  I've known of more than a few women who used their kids to extort huge amounts of money from the kids' fathers.  At one time, all a woman had to do was cry to a judge and the do-gooder judge would award her whatever she demanded.  The man's side of the story was never even considered. 

The Hill story seems a bit one sided.  Most stories about child support are.  I don't know what Mr. Walsh's side of the story is in this case, except that he said he was impoverished.   Perhaps he has made up his arrearages  by now.  Anyway, I'll reserve judgment until and unless I hear the whole story. 

And compared to the karp Trump has pulled, this is nothing.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
How is this gonna affect his touring schedule with The Eagles?
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Not sure. All I know is that Glenn Frey's almost certainly voting for the Democrat either way.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Not sure. All I know is that Glenn Frey's almost certainly voting for the Democrat either way.

:silly:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline aligncare

Tangential but on-topic question and answer:  What’s the biggest lesson to take out of national politics in the Modern [sic] Era?

As a career path, you (can!) become fabulously wealthy. Take the enrichment of Biden and family; Bernie buying 4 homes; the Obama’s working on their 3rd mansion (and what a mansion it is); Dianne Goldman Berman Feinstein; Harry Reid; Nancy Pelosi. Examples abound.

Now, let your mind drift back to Harry Truman’s retirement from political office. Notice any difference?

Offline Night Hides Not

Tangential but on-topic question and answer:  What’s the biggest lesson to take out of national politics in the Modern [sic] Era?

As a career path, you (can!) become fabulously wealthy. Take the enrichment of Biden and family; Bernie buying 4 homes; the Obama’s working on their 3rd mansion (and what a mansion it is); Dianne Goldman Berman Feinstein; Harry Reid; Nancy Pelosi. Examples abound.

Now, let your mind drift back to Harry Truman’s retirement from political office. Notice any difference?

You noticed that, too? No doubt, the surest way to wealth in America today is "public service".  It goes way back, to the days of Dick Gephardt and Danny Rostenkowski.

IMO, the Founding Fathers had too much faith in the average voter, by not including term limits on Senators and Representatives. They couldn't foresee the invention of air conditioning, and what that would do to how Congress does its business today. IIRC, the last time the Congress passed a budget on time was the year before central air conditioning was installed in the Capitol.

If you've been to DC during the summer, as most of us have, you can understand why.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.