Author Topic: Analysis: Justice Ginsburg’s “Bile Duct Stent” – A Treatment Typically Used in Advanced Cases to Pro  (Read 854 times)

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/analysis-justice-ginsburgs-bile-duct-stent-a-treatment-typically-used-in-advanced-cases-to-provide-end-of-life-care/

Analysis: Justice Ginsburg’s “Bile Duct Stent” – A Treatment Typically Used in Advanced Cases to Provide End of Life Care
by Jim Hoft
August 24, 2019

It seems most news is missing a key part of the Supreme Court press release on the condition of Justice Ginsburg.

As part of her pancreatic cancer treatment a bile stent was placed.

This is important because a biliary stent is only installed if a tumor was large enough to cause blockage of the bile duct from the liver to the intestine.

It is typically performed in cases where the patient has cancer on the duct itself and often predicates liver cancer.

Again the stent is typically only used in advanced cases and often only surgery is done for early cases:

More at URL above...

Offline libertybele

I've read reports of the bile duct stent but did not realize that it was utilized for end of life treatment.  Stent would mean she had blockage in the bile duct -- perhaps where the tumor was? 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
"It is typically performed in cases where the patient has cancer on the duct itself and often predicates liver cancer."

Cancers five and six? If it's a plastic stent, they are designed to last only three months. How much surgery will this woman subject herself to?

Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I've read reports of the bile duct stent but did not realize that it was utilized for end of life treatment.
It is John McCain, redux.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It is John McCain, redux.

Don't have much sympathy for those kinds of public officials. It's not your seat to hold onto till the Reaper rips you away from it.
The Republic is lost.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Don't have much sympathy for those kinds of public officials. It's not your seat to hold onto till the Reaper rips you away from it.
While the 'nice guy' in me says I'm glad she is recovering, why do I get the impression that she will never willing ly relinquish the seat?

Paging Norman Bates....

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

@Free Vulcan Actually it is a lifetime appointment
Article III section I  The judges, both of the supreme and inferior courts, shall hold their offices during good behaviour, and shall, at stated times, receive for their services, a compensation, which shall not be diminished during their continuance in office.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
@Free Vulcan Actually it is a lifetime appointment
Article III section I  The judges, both of the supreme and inferior courts, shall hold their offices during good behaviour, and shall, at stated times, receive for their services, a compensation, which shall not be diminished during their continuance in office.

It is, but if you can no longer do the job, should you stay there just to prevent the next Prez from replacing you?
The Republic is lost.

Offline verga

It is, but if you can no longer do the job, should you stay there just to prevent the next Prez from replacing you?
I agree, but you that if it weren't for double standards, the libtards would not have any at all.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online roamer_1

My dad was right there. stent in the bile duct and all... positive diagnosis, twice over, for pancreatic cancer.

One of the true miracles we have been blessed with as a family...
One day he's got it, in spades...
The next day, it's just gone.

Went on to live another 10 years.

Try and 'splain that. You can't...
YHWH is good.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 10:27:27 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline mountaineer

Reminds me of William O. Douglas. The man was mentally incompetent after a stroke, but still wanted to hear cases.

Wiki:
...  Douglas, severely disabled, insisted on continuing to participate in Supreme Court affairs despite his obvious incapacity. Seven of his fellow justices voted to postpone until the next term any argued case in which Douglas's vote might make a difference....

Douglas maintained that he could assume judicial senior status on the Court, and attempted to continue serving in that capacity, according to authors Woodward and Armstrong, and refused to accept his retirement, trying to participate in the Court's cases well into 1976 ...

At the urging of Fortas, Douglas finally retired on November 12, 1975, after 36 years of service.When Douglas tried in March 1976 to hear arguments in a capital-punishment case, Gregg v. Georgia, the nine sitting justices signed a formal letter informing him that his retirement had ended his official duties on the court. Only then did Douglas withdraw from Supreme Court business.[48] One commentator has attributed some of his behavior after his stroke to anosognosia, a neuropsychological presentation which leads an affected person to be unaware and unable to acknowledge disease in himself. It often results in defects in reasoning, decision making, emotions, and feeling. ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_O._Douglas

Sometimes we're stuck with justices who are utterly incapable of doing their job.  **nononono*
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline verga

Reminds me of William O. Douglas. The man was mentally incompetent after a stroke, but still wanted to hear cases.

Sometimes we're stuck with justices who are utterly incapable of doing their job.  **nononono*
I think so much of it comes down to ego. I am indispensable, no one can do the job as well as me, they need my input or it will all fall apart.