Author Topic: Activist: Elizabeth Warren’s ‘White Squatter’ Ancestors Were ‘Complicit in Cherokee Dispossession’  (Read 1256 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Hannah Bleau 23 Aug 2019

A Native American activist and citizen of Cherokee Nation slammed Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) in a Huffington Post op-ed Friday, calling on her to “tell the truth” about her ancestors’ interactions with indigenous tribes — alleging that her maiden family, the Crawfords, were “white squatters” on Cherokee land.

Author Rebecca Nagle penned a post titled “Elizabeth Warren Has Spent Her Adult Life Repeating A Lie.” I Want Her To Tell The Truth.” Nagle said she was unmoved by the apology Warren issued at the Native American Presidential Forum Monday, where the Massachusetts senator admitted she made a “mistake” but did not elaborate on what the mistake was.

“Like anyone who’s been honest with themselves, I know that I have made mistakes,” Warren told the crowd. “I am sorry for harm I have caused.”

“I have listened and I have learned a lot, and I am grateful for the many conversations we have had together,” she added.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2020-election/2019/08/23/activist-elizabeth-warren-white-squatter-ancestors-complicit-cherokee-dispossession/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
I guess she got what she deserves.  When you aren't comfortable in your own skin.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Bet Lieawatha wishes she had never opened this can of worms.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Why? She's had a good ride, even if the horse was stolen.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Go read up on the real Liz Warren and you will see even more of an opportunist. 

She stayed married to her first husband Jim Warren long enough for him to get her through law school, then promptly divorced him after he paid for her education.

Shortly afterwards, she married a college professor whose class she attended.

She has been taking advantage everywhere she goes.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak

Warren believed what her family told her.  I also have Indian heritage according to my family history handed down through the family for generations, started with the "Trail of Tears" as the Choctaw Indians went through Arkansas and stayed for a while before going on to Oklahoma.  My brother was born in Seminole, Oklahoma. Will write about this within three hours.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

She stayed married to her first husband Jim Warren long enough for him to get her through law school, then promptly divorced him after he paid for her education.

Sounds very much like someone else we know (Wendy Davis AKA Abortion Barbie) who followed much the same path @IsailedawayfromFR.

Maybe it's a Democrat thing.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Sounds very much like someone else we know (Wendy Davis AKA Abortion Barbie) who followed much the same path @IsailedawayfromFR.

Maybe it's a Democrat thing.
It's a moral thing. It's a question of opportunism over loyalty. It's a question of just using whatever and whomever they can, without regard for those used, in order to advance themselves.
What do you expect from a Party that advocates mothers slaughtering their unborn children for convenience, and even revels in that murder for career advancement?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
It's a moral thing. It's a question of opportunism over loyalty. It's a question of just using whatever and whomever they can, without regard for those used, in order to advance themselves.
What do you expect from a Party that advocates mothers slaughtering their unborn children for convenience, and even revels in that murder for career advancement?

Absolutely!  I have come to expect nothing less from that party and the other one is all that much better in that regard.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

Absolutely!  I have come to expect nothing less from that party and the other one is all that much better in that regard.
Well, opportunists are opportunists, and it seems the longer one is in DC, the less they regard the effects of what they do on the folks back home. For all practical purposes, they don't live there any more, and that colors their worldview, often within a month or two. ("Beltway Fever")

C S Lewis

Offline Victoria33

@mystery-ak
@Applewood

Discussion of “Are you an Indian?”

I haven’t heard Warren’s whole story of why she believes she is Cherokee Indian.
Maybe I could find that on the net where she has explained it in more detail.  She was born in Oklahoma so it likely started there.

Another Indian story (have a cup of coffee/wine) and read if you wish to:

I was born in 1933, much earlier than you were born.  The Faulkner family (I am 50%  Faulkner) lived in Arkansas in early days.  A county there is Faulkner County.  Some of them lived in southern Arkansas in Sevier County which is located in southwest Arkansas and borders the state of Oklahoma.  My Great, Grandfather had a farm house in Sevier County which stayed in the family through the generation of my father – he was the last generation born in that house.

Now we go to The Trail of Tears:

“The Choctaw left Mississippi in three groups. The first group left in November of 1831, and suffered hunger, bad weather, and disease along the route. Their journey took them from Memphis or Vicksburg, across south Arkansas, to their land in Oklahoma. Those on the overland routes in this first group suffered from blizzards and extreme cold. By the time they got to Little Rock, eight children had died. The Arkansas Gazette quoted one of the travelers who said that the walk had been “a trail of tears and death.” This is considered to be the first use of the phrase “Trail of Tears.”

According to my family history told over and over through the generations, this Great, Grandfather (English) married a Choctaw woman during their stay in Arkansas.  The rest of her family continued to Oklahoma.  Some of the children of this union eventually went to the Oklahoma area where their Indian relatives were around Seminole, OK.  Years later, my father with a small bit of Choctaw DNA,  the rest 100% English) married my mother, also a resident of Sevier County (those ancestors 100% English), and they went to Seminole, OK, too where relations were.  My brother was born there.  Father got a job with Sun Oil Company and was eventually transferred to the oil boom in east Texas, where I was born.

When my brother was in his 50s, he went to Seminole to see an elderly relative and she had Tintype pictures of family members with Indian style hairdos and clothes, he said they had everything except an Indian Headdress with the feathers on it going down their back.

That is the end of that story.  The tiny amount of Choctaw Indian I might have, would not be enough to show up on DNA, likely the same with Warren but she did have a bit of questionable DNA.

Tintype pictures:
Tintype pictures came about around 1833.  The picture is actually on a metal plate.
I have a number of Tintype family pictures because my Mother kept them.

When my son was going to Rice University, he took a photography course and took the Tintypes to class to show what they are.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 09:45:59 pm by Victoria33 »

@mystery-ak

Warren believed what her family told her.  I also have Indian heritage according to my family history handed down through the family for generations, started with the "Trail of Tears" as the Choctaw Indians went through Arkansas and stayed for a while before going on to Oklahoma.  My brother was born in Seminole, Oklahoma. Will write about this within three hours.
Exactly how do you know this?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I have NO native American ancestors, based on genealogy and DNA.

But native Americans killed at least two of my ancestors, based on published accounts, including dates, names, etc.

I hold no resentment, since it was merely a function of history.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline berdie

I have been told our family has Indian ancestory.  It makes no difference as it was too long ago to factor into our family. (But my cheekbones are high as well, lol)

Conversely, I have a good friend that has a full blood Indian father that was such a jerk...she turned down any benefit.

Warren is a lying opportunist. jmho

Offline Night Hides Not

Compared to other divorced men, hubby #1 got off easy.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Victoria33

Exactly how do you know this?
@IsailedawayfromFR

She is not a compulsive liar as Trump has been all his life.

"When she was 12, her father, a salesman at Montgomery Ward, had a heart attack, which led to many medical bills as well as a pay cut because he could not do his previous work. He later worked as a custodian for an apartment building.  Eventually, the family's car was repossessed because they failed to make loan payments. To help the family finances, her mother found work in the catalog order department at Sears. When she was 13, Warren started waiting tables at her aunt's restaurant."

Fortunately, she is intelligent and at the age 16 she won a debate scholarship to George Washington University.
She continued her education until she was teaching law at several universities.

She has already said her family history is one of family members through the generations speaking of their link to the Cherokee Nation in Oklahoma where she was born.  She believed that just as I believe what I was told by generations of my family.  She would not totally make that up just to be making it up.  It served no purpose to do that.  She got every job because of her qualifications/her high intelligence level of education.  Had she not had that, she would still be waiting tables.

You can check all this out here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Warren

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@Victoria33
She would not totally make that up just to be making it up.  It served no purpose to do that.

That statement is not supposition like the rest of them. That statement is simply factually incorrect, prima facie. The purpose was to get into Harvard to begin with, and then later to get a teaching position and tenure as a "blond hair/blue eyed woman of color".

To postulate that Warren had 'no reason to make it up' and 'no reason to lie' is beyond ridiculous, it is preposterous.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 10:48:17 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
She would not totally make that up just to be making it up.  It served no purpose to do that.

That statement is not supposition like the rest of them. That statement is simply factually incorrect, prima facie. The purpose was to get into Harvard to begin with, and then later to get a teaching position and tenure as a "blond hair/blue eyed woman of color".

To postulate that Warren had 'no reason to make it up' and 'no reason to lie' is beyond ridiculous, it is preposterous.

:yowsa: pointing-up

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

@Victoria33

@240B

You are believing what you have been told/read by Republicans who do not want this intelligent woman president.  Republicans ran with this ridiculous story just to make her look bad.  Read the truth here, a list of her jobs because she is smart and highly educated:

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 11:41:39 pm by Victoria33 »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@240B

You are believing what you have been told/read by Republicans who do not want this intelligent woman president.  Republicans ran with this ridiculous story just to make her look bad.  Read the truth here, a list of her jobs because she is smart and highly educated:

@Victory33
I don't care how "intelligent" she may be or how many jobs she has had.
She is liar and a thief. There is simply no way to dispute that, regardless of her gender.
She lied to get into Harvard, and stole a spot reserved for a "real" Native America.
Then she went on to leverage the lie for professional and financial advantage.
A responsible person would not claim something that serious based on a folk story from grandma.
And the uber-politically correct morons at Harvard were fools to fall for her scam.
All anyone at Harvard had to say is, "Show me some proof."
And the whole thing would have collapsed immediately.

How many other deserving people did she screw over on her way to tenure as a woman of color?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 01:19:09 am by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

@IsailedawayfromFR

She is not a compulsive liar as Trump has been all his life.

"When she was 12, her father, a salesman at Montgomery Ward, had a heart attack, which led to many medical bills as well as a pay cut because he could not do his previous work. He later worked as a custodian for an apartment building.  Eventually, the family's car was repossessed because they failed to make loan payments. To help the family finances, her mother found work in the catalog order department at Sears. When she was 13, Warren started waiting tables at her aunt's restaurant."

Fortunately, she is intelligent and at the age 16 she won a debate scholarship to George Washington University.
She continued her education until she was teaching law at several universities.

She has already said her family history is one of family members through the generations speaking of their link to the Cherokee Nation in Oklahoma where she was born.  She believed that just as I believe what I was told by generations of my family.  She would not totally make that up just to be making it up.  It served no purpose to do that.  She got every job because of her qualifications/her high intelligence level of education.  Had she not had that, she would still be waiting tables.

You can check all this out here:

That all sounds fine, but does not really equate to actually knowing that is what Warren thought.  You are speculating.

You could preface the next time you say something like that with the words Likely

Offline Victoria33

@Victory33
I don't care how "intelligent" she may be or how many jobs she has had.  She is liar and a thief. There is simply no way to dispute that, regardless of her gender. She lied to get into Harvard, and stole a spot reserved for a "real" Native America. Then she went on to leverage the lie for professional and financial advantage.
A responsible person would not claim something that serious based on a folk story from grandma. And the uber-politically correct morons at Harvard were fools to fall for her scam. All anyone at Harvard had to say is, "Show me some proof."  And the whole thing would have collapsed immediately. How many other deserving people did she screw over on her way to tenure as a woman of color?
@240B
@IsailedawayfromFR
@Night Hides Not

As I said, you believed what you heard/read and did not research to determine if that was true. You likely won't believe Harvard University, and the other Universities either, when they addressed the issue.  As you will read below straight from Harvard and the others, she was not chosen for her heritage of any kind.  She was chosen because she was highly qualified for the jobs she had.

It was Massachusetts Republican Senator Scott Brown who first brought up Warren’s ancestry.  She ran against him and defeated him in 2012 and became the Senator from Massachusetts.  He was using any untruths he could to stop her winning over him. The truth of this is below, exactly what Harvard said and other universities said.

At that time, 'the Boston Globe newspaper reported that interviews and documents show the issue was not considered by Harvard Law faculty or those who admitted the now U.S. senator from Massachusetts to law school at Rutgers or to jobs at The University of Houston, The University of Texas, and the University of Pennsylvania "

From Harvard at that time:
"She was not on the radar screen at all in terms of a racial minority hire," Randall, Kennedy, a law professor who was in charge of recruiting minority candidates to Harvard Law School, told the Globe. "It was just not an issue. I can't remember anybody ever mentioning her in this context."

“The Globe reports that it examined hundreds of documents, many of them never before available, and talked to 31 law school professors from that period at Harvard. All but one said her Native American heritage was not discussed as part of the decision to hire her. One said he was unsure if the issue came up, but if it did, had no bearing on his vote.”

At that time, "Warren posted on her website documents related to her job and school applications and again asserted that her heritage played no role in her career advancement."

Liar/ Liar Trump was his usual disgusting self and called her Pocahontas.  You are stuck with Liar/ Liar Trump and believe what he says.

cc @Applewood
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 04:28:53 am by Victoria33 »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Liar/ Liar Trump was his usual disgusting self and called her Pocahontas.  You are stuck with Liar/ Liar Trump and believe what he says.
In her cookbook Pow Wow Chow, she clearly identifies herself as Elizabeth Warren - Cherokee.

I don't care what Trump or anyone else says. I care about what Elizabeth Warren has said herself. She is the person who made the false claim of Cherokee ancestry. She made this claim, from her own words, based on vague, unverifiable 'stories' she heard as a child. She made no effort of any kind to provide even a shred of actual evidence that her claim was true. She believed it, therefore it is true. No evidence is needed.

Warren told the story of her grandparents having to elope because of racism. Even though there is no evidence of any kind no matter how small that this ever happened.

Trump didn't do all that. Warren did. This explains it better than I can.

Elizabeth Warren Was Celebrated as ‘First Woman of Color’ at Harvard Law
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/10/16/elizabeth-warren-was-celebrated-as-first-woman-of-color-at-harvard-law/

Offline dfwgator

@mystery-ak

So can Elizabeth Warren count on your vote?

Offline Victoria33

So can Elizabeth Warren count on your vote?
@dfwgator

Elizabeth Warren is a person who learned from her family about past generations. I also learned from my family about past generations. We both had connections to American Indians in Oklahoma.  Hers was Cherokee, mine was Choctaw.  She was born in Oklahoma, my brother was born in Oklahoma.  That is our connection, not her politics.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 04:20:08 am by Victoria33 »