Author Topic: Trump on his 'chosen one' remark: 'It was sarcasm'  (Read 689 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump on his 'chosen one' remark: 'It was sarcasm'
« on: August 24, 2019, 02:20:31 pm »
By Jesse Byrnes - 08/23/19 11:35 PM EDT

President Trump late Friday said that he was speaking sarcastically this week when he declared himself "the chosen one" amid his widening trade war with China.

"You know exactly what I meant. It was sarcasm. It was joking, we were all smiling. And a question like that is just fake news," Trump told reporters at the White House before leaving for his trip to France for the Group of Seven (G-7) summit.

Trump garnered attention on Wednesday when he rejected concerns about his long running trade war with China while looking upward and saying he believes he is "the chosen one" to fight decades of trade cheating by Beijing.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/458648-trump-on-his-chosen-one-remark-it-was-sarcasm
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Trump on his 'chosen one' remark: 'It was sarcasm'
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 02:30:34 pm »

There are people who didn't know this???   :pondering:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 03:09:31 pm »

Many people  take the bait and don't realize they're bring trolled. Demcommies, their media allies, and the NTers all get their panties in a wad over things like this.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 03:42:47 pm »
Hey Mr. President have you ever heard the old adage "silence is golden"?  Try it sometime.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 09:37:03 pm »

I don't know, but I do know this...……..There are people who won't admit that this came from Trumps Twitter.  Has nothing to do with China.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

....like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for.....
4:34 AM · Aug 21, 2019

How could those American Jews not know that he is like the second coming of God?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 09:38:41 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 11:18:00 pm »
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 11:25:50 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 11:51:49 pm »
Trump scripted:

https://www.charismanews.com/politics/primaries/56703-donald-trump-is-a-central-figure-in-this-prophecy

Following the prophetic script of a Fireman who also prophesied about a horse race winner.

The president that damns God.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/deaconsbench/2019/07/god-what-the-other-thing-president-trump-said-at-that-rally/

OK, this is verging off into the Twilight Zone.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 12:10:43 am »
OK, this is verging off into the Twilight Zone.

How so?  What is verging off into the twilight Zone is that people do actually believe this crap.  Right from the time that they started publishing the prophesy of the fireman who made this claim in 2012 when he thought Trump was running for President.  Its almost as if Trump has been following the script.  Its crazy.  I was listening to an interview with the guy.  And the Evangelicals scooped it up and ran with it.  All the Evangelical leaders following reports from CBN that Trump was the "Chosen One".

You probably won't like this either:

https://madservant.com/no-trump-is-not-the-second-coming-of-nehemiah/

Even the wall is Biblical if you compare Trump to Nehemiah.

Scripting ourselves a "Chosen One".  And is it surprising that he says it?  What narcissist wouldn't if major United States Evangelical ministers compared him to Nehemiah, King David and King Cyrus.  And following the script of the prophesy moves the embassy and is minted on a Israeli Temple tax coin with the image of King Cyrus and himself.  This is all too much for a narcissist to handle.  It isn't any surprise that eventually he starts declaring it.

And the Bible does say that God puts people in power.  For His purposes.  And Gods purposes are always fulfilled.  Even when leaders are evil we must pray for them.  Did God put Obama in power?  If you believe the Bible he did.  Not because he thought he was a prophet and that's for sure.  So pray I do.  But not for Trumps will, but Gods will be done.  For whatever purpose, and I sure don't have a prophesy.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 12:17:56 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2019, 12:16:12 am »
How so?  What is verging off into the twilight Zone is that people do actually believe this crap.  Right from the time that they started publishing the prophesy of the fireman who made this claim in 2012 when he thought Trump was running for President.  Its almost as if Trump has been following the script.  Its crazy.  I was listening to an interview with the guy.  And the Evangelicals scooped it up and ran with it.  All the Evangelical leaders following reports from CBN that Trump was the "Chosen One".

You probably won't like this either:

Even the wall is Biblical if you compare Trump to Nehemiah.

Scripting ourselves a "Chosen One".  And is it surprising that he says it?  What narcissist wouldn't if major United States Evangelical ministers compared him to Nehemiah, King David and King Cyrus.  And following the script of the prophesy moves the embassy and is minted on a Israeli Temple tax coin with the image of King Cyrus and himself.  This is all too much for a narcissist to handle.  It isn't any surprise that eventually he starts declaring it.

It's not a question of "liking" it or not.  It's just crazy talk, IMHO.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2019, 12:20:34 am »
It's not a question of "liking" it or not.  It's just crazy talk, IMHO.

Well, I certainly would agree with you there.

And here is more.  Warning bad language.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=CBN+Trump+chosen+one&view=detail&mid=3367A9C69686031293703367A9C6968603129370&FORM=VIRE
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 12:36:20 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2019, 12:25:07 am »
This fireman prophesizes a deep playoff run for the Jets this season!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2019, 12:40:32 am »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2019, 12:45:46 am »

Well, I certainly would agree with you there.

And here is more.  Warning bad language.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=CBN+Trump+chosen+one&view=detail&mid=3367A9C69686031293703367A9C6968603129370&FORM=VIRE

As odd as you may find this, more of the same craziness doesn't make your case seem any less crazy.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2019, 12:51:26 am »
Latest from Mark Taylor that they won't publish on CBN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5ebb3dNXic

About False Prophesy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA3vf99SjSA
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 01:23:16 am by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2019, 12:52:12 am »
As odd as you may find this, more of the same craziness doesn't make your case seem any less crazy.

I know right?  And it isn't even me that's crazy.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2019, 12:52:46 am »
This fireman prophesizes a deep playoff run for the Jets this season!

ROFL!

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2019, 01:30:21 am »
Trump saying, while looking at sky, "I am the chosen one. " Then saying later,"You know exactly what I meant. It was sarcasm. "It was joking,..."

No, he said it because he thinks he IS the chosen one, so he made it a joke in order to say it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2019, 04:32:59 am »
Trump saying, while looking at sky, "I am the chosen one. " Then saying later,"You know exactly what I meant. It was sarcasm. "It was joking,..."

No, he said it because he thinks he IS the chosen one, so he made it a joke in order to say it.

Because the Evangelical "ministers" said he was.