Author Topic: Finally, conservatives have a street fighter as president  (Read 379 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Finally, conservatives have a street fighter as president
« on: August 24, 2019, 02:01:01 pm »
August 24, 2019
Finally, conservatives have a street fighter as president
By Steve Grammatico

Has there been a president in living memory who relishes a fight more than Trump?  I don’t think so. That is a major reason why he remains popular with conservatives and has seen his favorability ratings rise.

Sure, I like President Trump’s actions on job-killing regulations, tax relief, border security, energy independence, military funding, judicial appointments, and so on.  But what really invigorates me and millions of other EverTrumpers is that he is fearless -- impervious to attacks by his adversaries and merciless in responding to them.

Trump is an oddity: a Republican president who stands up to the Left’s defamations and brickbats and returns fire.  His prickly personality is one driving force; another is Twitter, the social media megaphone he uses to bypass the legacy media’s censors.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2019/08/finally_conservatives_have_a_street_fighter_as_president.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline aligncare

Re: Finally, conservatives have a street fighter as president
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 02:34:33 pm »
What are the odds the next 15-months play out like author says? Pretty good I would say.

Look at Bill Clinton’s impeachment. It seemed the more republicans attacked him, the more he rose in public support—and he was guilty, even lost his law license over some of his coverup activities.

But, even though he was impeached, his popular public support sustained his presidency to the end.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 04:29:36 pm »
No, we don't. Republicans, yes. But conservatives were thrown under the bus.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 04:57:41 pm »
No, we don't. Republicans, yes. But conservatives were thrown under the bus.

And that ain't fighting... It's more like the dancing from Grease.  :silly:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 05:44:59 pm »
I don't give a flyin fig what ANYONE chooses to call him so long as he keeps moving the ball in the direction I want it to go!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 05:46:23 pm »
And that ain't fighting... It's more like the dancing from Grease.  :silly:

I was thinking, more like the fighting from West Side Story.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2019, 05:58:42 pm »
Trump supporters say they love him because he "fights."  I view his "fighting" as a liability, not an asset.  Maybe I'd feel differently if he didn't go off half-cocked with ill advised ideas like this trade war and he didn't "fight" by bullying and browbeating every opponent.  He even tries to bully our allies and friends.  That's not fighting for America.  That's fighting for Trump.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2019, 06:06:15 pm »
Trump supporters say they love him because he "fights."  I view his "fighting" as a liability, not an asset.  Maybe I'd feel differently if he didn't go off half-cocked with ill advised ideas like this trade war and he didn't "fight" by bullying and browbeating every opponent.  He even tries to bully our allies and friends.  That's not fighting for America.  That's fighting for Trump.

There is the disconnect @Applewood. You see this trade fight as ill-advised and I see it as something that should have been done AGES ago.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 06:26:06 pm »
There is the disconnect @Applewood. You see this trade fight as ill-advised and I see it as something that should have been done AGES ago.

No kidding!  This fight has been brewing for a long, long time, and instead of doing the right thing our leaders have been kicking the proverbial can down the road. 

Is it going to hurt?  You bet.  If we had fought it way back when it would have only hurt a little bit, but now it's going to hurt a lot.  I have no respect for the argument "But why should I be affected?  Why me?"  Call the waaambulance!

:baby: ***ambulance
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 06:28:12 pm by Sanguine »

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 06:41:06 pm »
If anyone is interested in gaining a bit of UNDERSTANDING about what has been going on with China, and what Trump is in the process of trying to accomplish, listening to the first few segments of Levin's show from last evening is certainly enlightening:

http://www.marklevinshow.com/audio-rewind/  (8/23, right there, ready to play)

(But be warned, you will be disarmed of cheap cat calls, and ignorant slurs.)

:yowsa:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 06:42:50 pm »
If anyone is interested in gaining a bit of UNDERSTANDING about what has been going on with China, and what Trump is in the process of trying to accomplish, listening to the first few segments of Levin's show from last evening is certainly enlightening:

http://www.marklevinshow.com/audio-rewind/  (8/23, right there, ready to play)

(But be warned, you will be disarmed of cheap cat calls, and ignorant slurs.)

:yowsa:

Coincidentally, I am listening to that right now as I do my housework.   :patriot:

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2019, 06:46:53 pm »
Coincidentally, I am listening to that right now as I do my housework.   :patriot:

888high58888

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2019, 09:33:44 pm »
No kidding!  This fight has been brewing for a long, long time, and instead of doing the right thing our leaders have been kicking the proverbial can down the road. 

Is it going to hurt?  You bet.  If we had fought it way back when it would have only hurt a little bit, but now it's going to hurt a lot.  I have no respect for the argument "But why should I be affected?  Why me?"  Call the waaambulance!

:baby: ***ambulance

:yowsa:  pointing-up

Wonder how much of the Diane Feinstein/ Richard C. Blum fortune is due to their being in the pocket of their Red Chinese masters?

Same question for the Bill and Hillary Clinton fortune.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 09:42:35 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien