Author Topic: Jussie Smollett case gets a new special prosecutor to investigate the alleged hoax  (Read 235 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jussie Smollett case gets a new special prosecutor to investigate the alleged hoax
By Gabrielle Fonrouge | New York Post

A high-profile former U.S. Attorney was appointed special prosecutor Friday morning to re-examine the Jussie Smollett case and why charges were abruptly dropped against him.

Dan Webb was picked to lead the second look at the notorious false report case — including whether new charges should be brought against the “Empire” actor — by Judge Michael Toomin during a hearing in a Chicago criminal court.

Toomin ruled back in June the case was rife with “unprecedented irregularities” and needed a special prosecutor to restore the public’s faith in the justice system.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/jussie-smollett-case-gets-a-new-special-prosecutor-to-investigate-the-alleged-hoax
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Applewood

Well, I hope Mr. Webb is unblemished, unbiased and not prone to influence from certain special individuals and groups.  This case stunk from the beginning and it really stunk when  the charges were dropped. 

I know, I know -- innocent till proven guilty.  But that's just it.  There was no chance for a jury to decide one way or the other.  It was all swept under the rug, probably because Smollett appears to have friends in high places.  We all need to know just what the H happened.