Author Topic: Former HPD officer charged with murder in botched raid at Harding Street house  (Read 1233 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Former HPD officer charged with murder in botched raid at Harding Street house

St. John Barned-Smith and Keri Blakinger Aug. 23, 2019 Updated: Aug. 23, 2019 3:11 p.m.

A former narcotics officer has been charged with first-degree murder, nearly seven months after a botched drug raid that left a south Houston couple dead and unleashed a sprawling police scandal.

Ex-case agent Gerald Goines on Friday was hit with two counts of felony murder and is still under investigation over claims he stole guns, drugs and money, Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg announced at a news conference downtown. His partner, Steven Bryant, was also charged with one count of witness tampering...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Former-HPD-officer-charged-with-murder-in-botched-14373874.php?utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR0EuU_RaptuQv7N-qyjkuiwF6Q327TO5VN67jaAD5g_uJRBi3E26cURWgg
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Cyber Liberty @Smokin Joe @GrouchoTex @Sanguine @verga @roamer_1 @TomSea @mystery-ak @EdJames

Started to put this on the Texas board but put it here instead because I knew many here not from Texas have been following the case. Feel free to move if necessary.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 08:43:36 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GrouchoTex

Thanks, @Bigun

Wow!

1st degree murder.

I wonder if they'll negotiate that down, make a deal of some kind.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Thanks, @Bigun

Wow!

1st degree murder.

I wonder if they'll negotiate that down, make a deal of some kind.

You are very welcome @GrouchoTex.

One other little factoid not mentioned in the linked article is that both the former officers indicted are black and the victims were white.  I know I probably won't be popular for injecting that here but I think it to be very relevant.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm glad they are doing what appears to be the right thing. 

Thanks, Cyber.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
Thanks @Bigun, I had a feeling from the start that Goines was filthy.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Thanks @Bigun, I had a feeling from the start that Goines was filthy.

For several years prior to my surgery last year, I played golf with a couple of retired HPD officers on a regular basis and heard many a tale about the goings-on in the Narcotics division there.  Never any names but I'm pretty sure I know who they were talking about now @EdJames.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Hell yes it was. Not only did he kill the innocent occupants of the home, but he got several of his fellow officers shot in the process. Forget about the fact that he did not follow any police procedures before the raid, but more than just that what he did was STUPID on every level.

I've never seen a stronger case of 'gross negligence' in any police killing. Most people following this case believe that it was case of a mistaken address. They simply went to the wrong home. Still, they could have surveilled the target first to see what they were dealing with. They would have known there were only two people home, wait for them to leave, and pull the car over.

Instead of that, they burst into the home guns blazing. "Kill'um all and let God sort it out", is not standard police procedures.
That "Lethal Weapon" crap only works in the movies.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Thanks for the headsup.

Offline verga

@Bigun I remember reading about this back then. It was one of those things that just didn't "smell" right.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
@Bigun I remember reading about this back then. It was one of those things that just didn't "smell" right.

Yep!  It stunk on ice from day uno @verga.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.ammoland.com/2019/08/police-charged-with-murder-tampering-in-houston-no-knock-raid/#axzz5xoxWSsI9

Police Charged with Murder, Tampering, in Houston No-Knock Raid
Ammoland Inc.
Posted on August 25, 2019 by Dean Weingarten

Harris County District Attorney Kim Ogg has announced felony murder charges for former Sergeant Gerald Goins of Narcotics Squad 15, the Houston Police Department (HPD), in the homicides of Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas. The married couple, who lived in their modest Houston home at 7815 Harding Street for Twenty years, were killed with their dog in a no-knock raid on January 28th. DA Ogg also announced former Houston police officer Steven Bryant has been charged with second-degree tampering of a government document.

Both officers retired two months after the raid, as the investigation into the raid proceeded.

At every turn of the investigation of the 28 January raid, where the married couple was killed, and four officers wounded, more questions are raised and more disturbing facts uncovered.

We know the no-knock warrant was fraudulent. Both Houston Police Chief Acevedo and District Attorney Ogg acknowledge this fact. We know no significant amount of drugs or cash was found at 7815 Harding Street. We know most of the neighbors did not see anything suspicious and knew Dennis Tuttle as a medically discharged Navy man, and Rhogena Nicholas as a caring, believing Christian wife, who sent a prayer to her mother every day.  The neighbors said the couple kept to themselves, with few visitors. We know the only heroin found in relation to the raid was heroin found in Sgt. Goines Houston Police Department vehicle.

More at URL above...

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
We know the only heroin found in relation to the raid was heroin found in Sgt. Goines Houston Police Department vehicle.

What we have here is a sloppy job of evidence-planting.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I merged them, @Bigun.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@Cyber Liberty @Smokin Joe @GrouchoTex @Sanguine @verga @roamer_1 @TomSea @mystery-ak @EdJames

Started to put this on the Texas board but put it here instead because I knew many here not from Texas have been following the case. Feel free to move if necessary.
Wow! Thanks @Bigun !
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis