Author Topic: Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg has treatment for cancerous tumor  (Read 1794 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg has treatment for cancerous tumor
by Mike Brest
 | August 23, 2019 02:38 PM

Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg recently completed three weeks of radiation treatment after doctors found a localized cancerous tumor on her pancreas.

Ginsburg's radiation therapy, which was conducted at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York, began Aug. 5, according to NPR. The treatment included the insertion of a stent in Ginsburg's bile duct.

The 86-year-old justice has battled various illnesses over the last 20 years.

This is a breaking story that will be updated...

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/supreme-court-justice-ginsburg-has-treatment-for-cancerous-tumor
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg has treatment for cancerous tumor
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 06:54:15 pm »
Pancreatic cancer? Usually not good.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 07:08:05 pm »
 888mouth

Offline skeeter

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 07:16:46 pm »
I notice Notorious RBG has lost her saintly status with the left somewhat since she said a few kind things about Kavanaugh.

She'd better knock that crap off and get with the program if she wants to be feted like Ramesses II after she passes.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 07:38:59 pm »

It's something I'd only wish on a Saddam- or Stalin-grade monster.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 07:43:52 pm »
Ginsburg has been treated for cancer several times as well as advanced heart disease.

Offline kidd

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 08:14:28 pm »
I hope she is cured
I wish her the best

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 08:28:17 pm »
I hope she is cured
I wish her the best

I do as well. I don't agree with her politics but that is a tough road for an 86 year old to travel...again.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2019, 08:29:05 pm »

She's battled with pancreatic cancer in the past and afterwards made a remarkable come back.  Radiation treatment is difficult for the body to take and being 86, I can't imagine it's easy, especially since she had lung surgery just this past December. I may not agree with her liberal stance, but I truly admire her stamina and positive outlook; she has battled cancer at various different times in different part of her body on and off for the past 20 years.

Prayers up for you Mrs. Ginsburg. 
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 08:31:25 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2019, 08:50:41 pm »
I hope she is cured
I wish her the best
'Course, I also wish she'd come around to our way of thinking on some of the rulings she makes. But that might be asking too much!
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2019, 08:55:35 pm »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 08:57:37 pm »
Perhaps it's time for her to retire from the bench and take care of herself.  I also wish her well.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 08:57:46 pm »
You realize that the Democrats and Media will never allow President Trump to name her replacement if she were to *** tomorrow.

"Too close to the election!  Trump is down in every poll.  He's Hitler!  He's insane...thinks he's The Chosen One!  Heaven Help Us!"

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2019, 09:04:45 pm »
The Women is a Vampire.   Nothing short of driving a wooden stake thu her cold dead heart will put her down.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline corbe

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2019, 09:10:30 pm »
You realize that the Democrats and Media will never allow President Trump to name her replacement if she were to *** tomorrow.

"Too close to the election!  Trump is down in every poll.  He's Hitler!  He's insane...thinks he's The Chosen One!  Heaven Help Us!"

Welcome to the 'Dark Side' @DCPatriot   
   Please properly dispose of all your Trump paraphernalia into the first and second Hazmat bins conveniently located to each side of the entrance.
   Don't flub the Oath to Mr. Ted in your indoctrination.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2019, 09:17:35 pm »
   Welcome to the 'Dark Side' @DCPatriot   
   Please properly dispose of all your Trump paraphernalia into the first and second Hazmat bins conveniently located to each side of the entrance.
   Don't flub the Oath to Mr. Ted in your indoctrination.

You obviously haven't any regard for quotation marks? 

I love my POTUS.  Keep tweeting, Mr. President!   :patriot:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2019, 09:18:43 pm »
The Women is a Vampire.   Nothing short of driving a wooden stake thu her cold dead heart will put her down.

RBG is one tough bird. She's survived more bouts with cancer than anyone I've ever heard of. She's had pancreatic cancer, usually a death sentence, in the past. Now it's back. She can't possibly last much longer. We were told after her lung surgery earlier this year, that she was cancer-free., utter BS. I bet she's riddled with cancer.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Axeslinger

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2019, 09:21:40 pm »
RBG is one tough bird. She's survived more bouts with cancer than anyone I've ever heard of. She's had pancreatic cancer, usually a death sentence, in the past. Now it's back. She can't possibly last much longer. We were told after her lung surgery earlier this year, that she was cancer-free., utter BS. I bet she's riddled with cancer.

She’ll be dead inside of three months.

Disclaimer:  I’m not wishing or hoping for it...at all.  She’s still a human being with people who love her. I just truly believe it to be the case

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 09:36:26 pm »

The GOP still holds the Senate majority.  IF she passes, it may be his and the GOP's last chance to put another justice on the bench.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 09:39:46 pm »
Reality can hit you hard, the prognosis for this at her age is generally poor. Prayers for her recovery. But the truth is, tick tick tick; it’s only a matter of time.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2019, 09:46:05 pm »

Hard to tell.  She had pancreatic cancer 10 years ago and supposedly was clear of cancer till last December when she had surgery for lung cancer.  Surgeons can remove cancerous tumors and perhaps don't see any cancerous cells in the surrounding tissue, but they can't prevent her body from making more cancer cells. 

Offline libertybele

« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 09:50:23 pm »
Reality can hit you hard, the prognosis for this at her age is generally poor. Prayers for her recovery. But the truth is, tick tick tick; it’s only a matter of time.

Indeed.  Radiation therapy and surgery at age 86.  Many times doctors won't perform surgery on the very elderly because sometimes the person doesn't survive the surgery/anesthesia itself.  She had radiation on top of that.

Yes prayers up that in her final months and years she experiences much peace, happiness and is surrounded by loving people.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2019, 09:53:54 pm »
She's a witch. She should have died a dozen times over already. But each time her pact with Satan pulls her through.
Ancestry.com says that she may be the illegitimate daughter of Rasputin.

RBG says, "I'm fine. I'm fine. To me cancer is nothing more than having a cold is to a mortal human."
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2019, 10:00:12 pm »
Hard to tell.  She had pancreatic cancer 10 years ago and supposedly was clear of cancer till last December when she had surgery for lung cancer.  Surgeons can remove cancerous tumors and perhaps don't see any cancerous cells in the surrounding tissue, but they can't prevent her body from making more cancer cells.

One of the saddest cases I ever had in the OR was a woman coming in for exploratory surgery. Once the surgeon opened and took a look, he turned away and said to the assisting surgeon, "close her up" and then walked out. All I could think of were the worried faces of her family in pre-op.

That wouldn't happen to RBG. She would be given every medical intervention possible to keep her alive.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2019, 10:08:11 pm »
One of the saddest cases I ever had in the OR was a woman coming in for exploratory surgery. Once the surgeon opened and took a look, he turned away and said to the assisting surgeon, "close her up" and then walked out. All I could think of were the worried faces of her family in pre-op.

That wouldn't happen to RBG. She would be given every medical intervention possible to keep her alive.

Who knows what they're capable of achieving today?

With our criminal intelligence agencies being able to be abused for political purposes??

They might have a transfusion that can rejuvenate vital organs so they don't quit.

Somebody should check her portraits hanging in her home office...see if they're aging while she's not.    happy77