Author Topic: Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg has treatment for cancerous tumor  (Read 1800 times)

Online libertybele

Re: Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg has treatment for cancerous tumor
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2019, 10:19:33 pm »
Who knows what they're capable of achieving today?

With our criminal intelligence agencies being able to be abused for political purposes??

They might have a transfusion that can rejuvenate vital organs so they don't quit.

Somebody should check her portraits hanging in her home office...see if they're aging while she's not.    happy77

She underwent 3 weeks of radiation treatment @ Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York.  "As part of her treatment, a bile duct stent was placed. The Justice tolerated treatment well. She cancelled her annual summer visit to Santa Fe, but has otherwise maintained an active schedule. The tumor was treated definitively and there is no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body. Justice Ginsburg will continue to have periodic blood tests and scans. No further treatment is needed at this time."
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2019, 01:26:14 am »
I agree with Bigun's comment:
"Perhaps it's time for her to retire from the bench and take care of herself"

Sooner or later this one's comin'...

Enjoy the time you have left!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 02:14:30 pm by Mod5 »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2019, 01:46:08 am »
https://www.scotusblog.com/

On August 26, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg will be presented with an Honorary Doctoral Degree in Law by the State University of New York Buffalo School of Law. Ginsburg will also spend part of the day in Buffalo teaching law students. More information here.

On August 31 at 11:30 a.m., Ginsburg will be a featured author at the 19th annual Library of Congress National Book Festival at the Washington Convention Center, discussing her book My Own Words with Nina Totenberg. Free and open to the public. More information here.

On September 3 at 6:30 p.m., Ginsburg will deliver the Frank and Kula Kumpuris Distinguished Lecture at the Verizon Arena in North Little Rock, AR. Event hosted by the University of Arkansas’ Clinton School of Public Service. Join the waitlist here.

Offline Slide Rule

Ruth Robot
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2019, 11:19:44 am »
White, American, MAGA, 3% Neanderthal, and 97% Extreme Right Wing Conservative.

Recommended

J Boswell, The Life of Samuel Johnson
E Burke, Reflections on the Revolution in France
N Davies, Europe: A History
R Feynman, The Feynman Lectures on Physics
R Penrose, The Road To Reality & The Emperor's New Mind
K Popper, An Open Society and Its Enemies & The Logic of Scientific Discovery
A Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago, & Everything he wrote

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2019, 12:05:10 pm »
Looks like more sleepless nights for the poor liberals.

Any offers of organ donations yet?
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2019, 12:27:36 pm »
https://www.scotusblog.com/2019/08/ginsburg-has-radiation-treatment-for-tumor-on-her-pancreas/#more-288803

Ginsburg has radiation treatment for tumor on her pancreas

The Supreme Court announced today that Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg recently finished radiation therapy to treat a tumor on her pancreas. It was the second time that the 86-year-old Ginsburg, who had surgery to remove cancerous growths from her lung in December, has been treated for cancer in less than nine months.

In a statement released by the court’s Public Information Office, the court recounted that a “routine blood test in early July” had detected a tumor on Ginsburg’s pancreas; a biopsy performed at New York’s Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center – where Ginsburg was treated last year – confirmed that the tumor was malignant. On August 5, Ginsburg began a three-week course of radiation therapy, which she finished today. Ginsburg “tolerated treatment well,” the court reported: “She cancelled her annual summer visit to Santa Fe, but has otherwise maintained an active schedule.”

Ginsburg’s “tumor was treated definitively,” the court continued, “and there is no evidence of disease elsewhere in the body.” And although “Justice Ginsburg will continue to have periodic blood tests and scans,” the court concluded, no “further treatment is needed at this time.”

Ginsburg was previously treated for pancreatic cancer in 2009 and for colon cancer in 1999. She also underwent heart surgery in 2014.

The justices are currently in their summer recess. They are scheduled to resume oral arguments on the first Monday in October.

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2019, 12:40:46 pm »
Prayers out for RBG's recovery.   

It must be agonizing to know that the one thing she will not be allowed to do is fight this in private and without the burden she bears for the entire progressive movement.   She cannot step down.   She must survive Trump.    My mother was killed by this curse of a malady.   I have seen what this does.   And she is tied to the mast;  she can not, must not step down. 

May God have mercy on her.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2019, 12:54:10 pm »
Prayers out for RBG's recovery.   

May God have mercy on her.
That will only happen if she begs for forgiveness.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2019, 12:58:02 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline verga

« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2019, 02:30:11 pm »
She's battled with pancreatic cancer in the past and afterwards made a remarkable come back.  Radiation treatment is difficult for the body to take and being 86, I can't imagine it's easy, especially since she had lung surgery just this past December. I may not agree with her liberal stance, but I truly admire her stamina and positive outlook; she has battled cancer at various different times in different part of her body on and off for the past 20 years.

Prayers up for you Mrs. Ginsburg.
On this I hope we all agree. Politics aside she was a good friend to Scalia and she has said good things about Kavanugh.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2019, 02:40:36 pm »
Analysis: Justice Ginsburg’s “Bile Duct Stent” – A Treatment Typically Used in Advanced Cases to Provide End of Life Care
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/analysis-justice-ginsburgs-bile-duct-stent-a-treatment-typically-used-in-advanced-cases-to-provide-end-of-life-care/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline verga

« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2019, 02:57:03 pm »
One of the saddest cases I ever had in the OR was a woman coming in for exploratory surgery. Once the surgeon opened and took a look, he turned away and said to the assisting surgeon, "close her up" and then walked out. All I could think of were the worried faces of her family in pre-op.
That was what they ended up doing with my father. When there is no hope that is the mercy. Give palliative care and leave it in God's hands.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2019, 03:58:55 pm »
Analysis: Justice Ginsburg’s “Bile Duct Stent” – A Treatment Typically Used in Advanced Cases to Provide End of Life Care
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/08/analysis-justice-ginsburgs-bile-duct-stent-a-treatment-typically-used-in-advanced-cases-to-provide-end-of-life-care/

You have to wonder if wanting to run out the clock on her seat is affecting her treatment decisions, e.g. no higher-risk surgery even if it might improve her long-term prospects?
---

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2019, 04:24:36 pm »
You have to wonder if wanting to run out the clock on her seat is affecting her treatment decisions, e.g. no higher-risk surgery even if it might improve her long-term prospects?

They certainly want to keep her alive until January.  Nobody outside of the capitol building cares about the Biden rule, but it only takes one or two more defections to leave the seat open for the next session.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2019, 05:17:26 pm »
cato wrote:
"Nobody outside of the capitol building cares about the Biden rule, but it only takes one or two more defections to leave the seat open for the next session."

The Biden "rule" is no rule at all.
It can be ignored -- IF Mitch the turtle and the other Republicans will stand together.
Gonna be tough with critters like Romney and Collins.

Besides, Biden's "rule" was meant to be applied to a "lame duck" president -- i.e., a president serving the final year of his SECOND term.

Doesn't even apply to Mr. Trump...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2019, 10:29:15 pm »
True. Many people were begging John McCain to step down, take care of himself, be with his family, and make final arrangements. He refused and continued 'working', such as that is with his job. I believe his obsession to keep his Senate seat, and his refusal to convalesce and rest, likely hastened his death.

For some people with a certain mentality their job, their position, is their whole life. Stepping down for this kind of person, is the same as death in their world.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2019, 01:02:48 am »
cato wrote:
"Nobody outside of the capitol building cares about the Biden rule, but it only takes one or two more defections to leave the seat open for the next session."

The Biden "rule" is no rule at all.
It can be ignored -- IF Mitch the turtle and the other Republicans will stand together.
Gonna be tough with critters like Romney and Collins.

Besides, Biden's "rule" was meant to be applied to a "lame duck" president -- i.e., a president serving the final year of his SECOND term.

Doesn't even apply to Mr. Trump...

Agree, that’s the course of action they must take. Now if only Justice Ginsburg would do the right thing and retire. Surround herself in comfort and look after number one, maybe shoot a little pool in the cabana, resume her MMA workout and raise a little heck.

The country will survive without you, Ruthie. Time to move on.

Online libertybele

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2019, 01:22:31 am »
True. Many people were begging John McCain to step down, take care of himself, be with his family, and make final arrangements. He refused and continued 'working', such as that is with his job. I believe his obsession to keep his Senate seat, and his refusal to convalesce and rest, likely hastened his death.

For some people with a certain mentality their job, their position, is their whole life. Stepping down for this kind of person, is the same as death in their world.

I think Ginsburg's job is what has kept her going; it gives her great purpose in life.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2019, 01:33:56 am »
Agree, that’s the course of action they must take. Now if only Justice Ginsburg would do the right thing and retire. Surround herself in comfort and look after number one, maybe shoot a little pool in the cabana, resume her MMA workout and raise a little heck.

The country will survive without you, Ruthie. Time to move on.

But retiring would put the kibosh on her martyrdom. Nothing short of legal death will get her out of her seat. You can bet that plans are in place for her to mysteriously disappear at sea to delay that pronouncement for years if necessary.
---

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2019, 01:48:30 am »
I think Ginsburg's job is what has kept her going; it gives her great purpose in life.
It was the same with McCain. For whatever psychological reason, he seemed to believe that as long as he was still a Senator he would not die.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2019, 01:53:06 am »
You can bet that plans are in place for her to mysteriously disappear at sea to delay that pronouncement for years if necessary.
The Left probably wants to do this or something similar, but they cannot. Ginsburg is Jewish, and a prominent Jew at that. Jews are very strict about funerary rites and how the body is handled after death and prepared for burial. The body should be buried as soon as possible after death. They would never allow her body to be desecrated.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 05:09:27 am by 240B »