Author Topic: Trump: "Who is our bigger enemy," Powell or China's Xi?  (Read 3255 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump: "Who is our bigger enemy," Powell or China's Xi?
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2019, 11:19:08 pm »
But Trump signed off on those spending spree bills.  If he was so concerned about runaway spending, he would have vetoed those bills.

I used Trump as an example because despite Trump supporters' assurances that he would be different from the rest of those spendthrifts in DC -- he isn't.

And if he had would you be leading the parade of folks yelling about Trump shutting the government down?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2019, 11:21:00 pm »
And if he had would you be leading the parade of folks yelling about Trump shutting the government down?

Nope.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2019, 11:24:00 pm »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #78 on: August 25, 2019, 12:33:30 am »
Thanks @Victoria33   Seems to me Mr. Powell knows his stuff when it comes to the economy.   Trump doesn't.  And Trump supposedly graduated from the Wharton School.
@Applewood

He went there but we don't know if he graduated; his lawyers have made Wharton seal his grades.

Offline corbe

« Reply #79 on: August 25, 2019, 02:01:28 am »

I actually voted against 6 of them, until Trump promised me a 'bigly' Rally in Houston, I barely won, 2.4%.
    I'm on hold with Amash, Haley and Walsh right now.
    $hit happens.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #80 on: August 25, 2019, 02:06:17 am »
@Applewood

He went there but we don't know if he graduated; his lawyers have made Wharton seal his grades.

@Victoria33

And some people complained that Obama's records were sealed.  But I guess it's ok because it's Trump.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #81 on: August 25, 2019, 06:07:33 pm »
This country was founded by men who loved liberty and were determined to have it regardless of the cost.  Now it seems that the order of the day is "How do I get another slice of meat on MY sandwich!" 
It's shameful!
Sacrifices of our founders.
-----------------------------
Bigun, intuitive and on the mark.
Capitalism emerged simultaneously w/the French Enlightenment. 
Adam Smith saw that its catalyst was self-interest which he labeled morally neutral; then
continuing he concluded the driver of self-interest was greed, which was morally negative.
The only interest of the cronies, frauds and hustlers who control our politics is in fattening
their wallets and is the core reason for the chronic malaise that engulfs us.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2019, 09:28:23 pm »
You think Trump is responsible for us having spent a large portion of our children's money before they were even born?

The president does not get to appropriate so much as a penny.  Surely you know that.

There is an aspect of the spending bills that Trump has signed while in office that is often overlooked.

Most people do not comprehend the significant degradation of the US military that 8 years of Zero left.

Behind the scenes horsetrading has been necessary for him to get the funding to begin to address that degradation.

Simple fact of the matter: they weren't willing to give him what he wanted for the military budgets without larding on virtually everything else.

And he had virtually no support within the GOP leadership to make a stand on it....   reality.

Not optimal..... not pretty.....  not sustainable.....  but sometimes drastic measures are necessary.....

Life in the real world.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2019, 09:56:54 pm »
There is an aspect of the spending bills that Trump has signed while in office that is often overlooked.

Most people do not comprehend the significant degradation of the US military that 8 years of Zero left.

Behind the scenes horsetrading has been necessary for him to get the funding to begin to address that degradation.

Simple fact of the matter: they weren't willing to give him what he wanted for the military budgets without larding on virtually everything else.

And he had virtually no support within the GOP leadership to make a stand on it....   reality.

Not optimal..... not pretty.....  not sustainable.....  but sometimes drastic measures are necessary.....

Life in the real world.

Yep!  Something many here fail to comprehend apparently.

- J. R. R. Tolkien