Author Topic: Trump: "Who is our bigger enemy," Powell or China's Xi?  (Read 3229 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump: "Who is our bigger enemy," Powell or China's Xi?
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2019, 06:28:59 pm »
Civil unrest in Hong Kong, a declining economy and looming hyperinflation …. China is in trouble. The only ones who can help China out are the American media, NTers and leaders financially tied to China ….  you know, the dregs. 

You’re conveniently forgetting the part where they have nearly total control of the information, no voters to whom they’re accountable, and time between now and Nov 2020 on their side.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 06:29:47 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Absalom

« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2019, 06:42:30 pm »
Trump want's to change Chinese behavior of cheating, lying and stealing;
traits ingrained in their culture over some 4000 years of authoritarianism.
It's certainly a worthy mission yet a critical ingredient is missing.
A wise Roman insisted that it's far better the leader be feared rather than loved.
Trump, hardly a very smart person, has never grasped this and instead of
instilling fear in his enemies, abuses them verbally.
And then he gets angry when they laugh at him!!!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2019, 07:35:56 pm »
Rest assured we are watching a thing of beauty.... China's so damn used to buying our "leaders" their heads (and economy) are exploding over this.  Trump's been saying for days he doesn't want a deal with China right now....so China's trying to make POTUS blink.  Really.   :laugh: 

Civil unrest in Hong Kong, a declining economy and looming hyperinflation …. China is in trouble. The only ones who can help China out are the American media, NTers and leaders financially tied to China ….  you know, the dregs. 

Best. Election. EVAH.   :patriot:

??? You do realize how much are economy is dependent on China right?  China has the #2 economy in the world with the U.S. at #1.  Our national debt right now is appx.  $22 Trillion and our GDP is appx. $19 Trillion --- so let that sink in for a few minutes.

Tanking the Chinese economy is not in our best interest; their economy tanks and so does ours.  What exactly do you think the reaction is going to be when our economy follows what's happening over in China??  We  will see an economic downturn and hyperinflation as well.  I don't exactly see people partying in the streets and praising Trump.  It's going to affect people's pocketbooks and cost jobs.  Likely we will see a recession, which isn't exactly something that's going to be a feather in Trump's cap come election time.  Yes, Trump has a tremendous base, but start taking money out of their pockets (and you won't be able to blame the DEMS on this one) and they're going to start singing a different tune.

The Chinese have just announced that they are imposing tariffs on $75 billion of U.S. goods. Yes, this is a trade war.  Yes I agree their should be fair trade in lieu of free trade ... bottom line ... do you really think when people lose their jobs, lose their 401k's, lose their homes that they are going to be patting Trump on the back?  I don't think so.  They are going to think he was dead wrong. 

Quite frankly, I forsee Trump eventually caving on this issue as a necessity to hold onto his re-election.

https://www.investopedia.com/insights/worlds-top-economies/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline edpc

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2019, 07:45:37 pm »
The Chinese have just announced that they are imposing tariffs on $75 billion of U.S. goods. Yes, this is a trade war.

The latest tariffs are specifically targeting areas of Trump support - auto industry, oil, and farming.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/markets/china-hits-us-with-higher-tariffs-on-soybeans-cars-oil/ar-AAGe2bD

Not to worry, however, because we know that....

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

When a country (USA) is losing many billions of dollars on trade with virtually every country it does business with, trade wars are good, and easy to win. Example, when we are down $100 billion with a certain country and they get cute, don’t trade anymore - we win big. It’s easy!

5:50 AM - Mar 2, 2018

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2019, 07:57:02 pm »

The latest tariffs are specifically targeting areas of Trump support - auto industry, oil, and farming.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/markets/china-hits-us-with-higher-tariffs-on-soybeans-cars-oil/ar-AAGe2bD

Not to worry, however, because we know that....

Donald J. Trump
✔
@realDonaldTrump

When a country (USA) is losing many billions of dollars on trade with virtually every country it does business with, trade wars are good, and easy to win. Example, when we are down $100 billion with a certain country and they get cute, don’t trade anymore - we win big. It’s easy!

5:50 AM - Mar 2, 2018

I think Trump has underestimated China BIGLY.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 07:58:15 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LottieDah

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2019, 08:42:43 pm »
To: LMAO

"...This president and the former president share a lot of similar traits"

They share "the buck stops over there" sign on their desks.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2019, 08:45:43 pm »
Rest assured we are watching a thing of beauty.... China's so damn used to buying our "leaders" their heads (and economy) are exploding over this.  Trump's been saying for days he doesn't want a deal with China right now....so China's trying to make POTUS blink.  Really.   :laugh: 

Best. Election. EVAH.   :patriot:

@Right_in_Virginia    :beer:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline berdie

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2019, 08:52:11 pm »

Obviously the 'talks' between Trump and Xi haven't gone so well.
[/quote]

Nope, you are incorrect.  They are great friends. /s

Offline corbe

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2019, 09:17:35 pm »
   NK is gonna ramp up their BS hostility toward US, for China, too.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline edpc

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2019, 09:41:32 pm »

‘I will be responding to China’s Tariffs this afternoon.’

https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1164914962529247232

Yes - after the market closes.

President Donald Trump will hike tariff rates on most imports from China in response to the latest shots in the trade war between the world’s two largest economies, he said Friday.

The White House will raise existing duties on $250 billion in Chinese products to 30% from 25% on Oct. 1, the president tweeted. The tariffs on another $300 billion in Chinese goods, which start to take effect on Sept. 1, will now be 15% instead of 10%, he added.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/23/trump-will-raise-tariff-rates-on-chinese-goods-in-response-to-trade-war-retaliation.html

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2019, 09:43:37 pm »
This is one tweetstorm that shouldn't have happened, IMHO.

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2019, 10:06:05 pm »
I used to hurry a lot, I used to worry a lot.
I used to stay out till the break of day...
Oh, that didn't get it,
It was high time I quit it!
I just couldn't carry on that way...

Offline edpc

Offline corbe

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2019, 10:19:58 pm »
Joe Walsh A Life of Illusion

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2019, 10:22:09 pm »

Definitely not.  :amen:

Offline corbe

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2019, 10:24:47 pm »
   Wrong Thread but it fits appropriately here also.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2019, 11:16:24 pm »
The reality is this, if Trump wants to win reelection he better stop this stupid trade war. People vote with their pocketbooks and now 401k. If they see their retirement go away or shrink they will not vote for Trump period.

For some of us employement is heavily reliant on trade with China. If China cancels orders with Boeing, Kenworth, Caterpillar,  Fords and Chevy, you are all going to feel it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline libertybele

« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2019, 11:30:11 pm »
For some of us employement is heavily reliant on trade with China. If China cancels orders with Boeing, Kenworth, Caterpillar,  Fords and Chevy, you are all going to feel it.

Whether one's job is reliant on trade with China or not, them slapping another tariff on $75 billion in addition to the $110 billion worth of goods is going to be felt by most of us.  Meanwhile, they are lowering costs to other countries making comparable American items more expensive. ... didn't Trump say something about postponing the tariffs because of Xmas -- that was certainly short lived.

I've said it before, China isn't backing down and I think Trump underestimated them BIGLY!

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2019, 11:39:54 pm »

I understand the economics of the trade war, but the Chicoms have bending us over without vaseline for so long that we have two choices,,,,,,,  (1)  Fight back like Trump is suggesting (and I am no Trump fan)

(2) Continue to let them bleed us to death until the national debt becomes unsustainble or we nosedive into a 3rd world economy due to fianncial base resouce evaporation.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 11:40:53 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2019, 12:14:24 am »
I understand the economics of the trade war, but the Chicoms have bending us over without vaseline for so long that we have two choices,,,,,,,  (1)  Fight back like Trump is suggesting (and I am no Trump fan)

(2) Continue to let them bleed us to death until the national debt becomes unsustainble or we nosedive into a 3rd world economy due to fianncial base resouce evaporation.

There has to be a better way to accomplish these goals without financially ruining a large number of Americans. 

And the national debt is "unsustainable" because of DC's penchant for massive spending. 

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2019, 02:25:27 am »
There has to be a better way to accomplish these goals without financially ruining a large number of Americans. 

And the national debt is "unsustainable" because of DC's penchant for massive spending.

Fully agree.  The Chicoms, and they are our most dire enemy, did not spend this country in a $22T debt.  Seems the ecomic war is at 2 fronts, and one of the enemies is within.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2019, 03:02:25 am »

1) The Chicoms have never bent me over.  If I choose to buy their products, or not, that's my concern.  When folks like trump whine about how they are cheating "us", they seem to forget it's my money, not "ours".

2) The national debt has nothing to do with China.  That's how much our govt has spent vs what it has taken in.  Most of what the feral govt borrows comes from the US, so if someone is bleeding us to death, it's us. 
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2019, 03:27:48 am »

Trump ran on standing up to China, unlike his predescessors that gave into giving China a better deal.

But when he does, the dems, the media, and the weak Republicans get all wobbly kneed.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2019, 04:21:42 am »
so if someone is bleeding us to death, it's us.

So you don't think unfair trade practice/balances  which basically shifts wealth to China doesn't constitute a blood letting?

Interesting......

Offline Applewood

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2019, 06:25:01 am »
Trump ran on standing up to China, unlike his predescessors that gave into giving China a better deal.

But when he does, the dems, the media, and the weak Republicans get all wobbly kneed.

The problem is, his trade war isn't working and it's costing the average person plenty -- or it will. 

Trump says he will find some way to win this war.  But at what cost to the rest of us?

He said this trade war will bring back jobs to America.  So far it hasn't, and I don't see any signs of that happening anytime soon.  In fact, there have already been layoffs in some places.  Read about another US Steel layoff in Indiana, for example.  Only a hundred or so, you might say.  But all these small layoffs are going to add up. 

The average shlub like me looks at this trade war and sees no advantage, but a whole lot of disadvantage to it.  Remember that we average joes and janes make up a large segment of the voting public.  When this war affects our "bottom line," it's also going to affect how we vote.  And that does not bode well for Trump and the Republicans.