Author Topic: Trump dismisses recession warnings: 'I always find a way to win'  (Read 397 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump dismisses recession warnings: 'I always find a way to win'

By QUINT FORGEY

08/23/2019 08:19 AM EDT

Updated 08/23/2019 08:32 AM EDT

President Donald Trump on Friday suggested he will personally stave off any downturn in the U.S. economy, boasting that he will “always find a way to win” as financial indicators point toward a possible recession.

“The Economy is strong and good, whereas the rest of the world is not doing so well. Despite this the Fake News Media, together with their Partner, the Democrat Party, are working overtime to convince people that we are in, or will soon be going into, a Recession,” Trump tweeted.

“They are willing to lose their wealth, or a big part of it, just for the possibility of winning the Election,” he continued. “But it won’t work because I always find a way to win, especially for the people! The greatest political movement in the history of our Country will have another big win in 2020!”

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/23/donald-trump-recession-1472540
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
Re: Trump dismisses recession warnings: 'I always find a way to win'
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 03:08:01 pm »
Of course he always finds a way to win. He’ll either make up some reason why it was a win or blame another person, when it’s a loss.

At a fundraising luncheon this week in Jackson, Wyo., headlined by both Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump, acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney acknowledged the risks to the GOP elite behind closed doors. If the U.S. were to face a recession, it would be “moderate and short,” Mulvaney told roughly 50 donors, according to an attendee.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/20/donald-trump-gop-donors-recession-1470360

“The Fake News Media is doing everything they can to crash the economy because they think that will be bad for me and my re-election,” he said in a tweet. “The problem they have is that the economy is way too strong and we will soon be winning big on Trade, and everyone knows that, including China!”

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/15/trump-economy-recession-stock-market-media-1464577

If there is a ‘moderate’ recession, it’ll be the fault of Jerome Powell and the MSM.    *****rollingeyes*****
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 03:32:33 pm by edpc »
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 03:25:01 pm »
"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China"

My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 03:31:25 pm »
2019 the year without Christmas.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 03:32:26 pm »
"Our great American companies are hereby ordered to immediately start looking for an alternative to China"

Trump's tweets this morning have caused a tizzy in the markets. He's saying that all fentanyl coming into the country will be stopped. Markets freaking out at an escalation in the trade war. Globalization and the attendant loss of manufacturing in the country have had consequences.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 07:42:40 pm »
Trump's tweets this morning have caused a tizzy in the markets. He's saying that all fentanyl coming into the country will be stopped. Markets freaking out at an escalation in the trade war. Globalization and the attendant loss of manufacturing in the country have had consequences.

The market down now over 600 pts.  It sprung back a little bit after the last reaction last week, but this is a  another reaction to China's retaliation and Trump's remarks.  Consumers losing faith in the economy is not good.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 08:17:42 pm »
   Ivana and Marla agree, He always WINS.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.