Author Topic: China retaliates against the US with tariffs on $75B worth of American goods  (Read 2541 times)

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He is encouraging American manufacturers to raise their prices because of artificial restraints on their competitors. And he is also discouraging the innovation needed to gain a competitive edge.  Instead of waiting out in efficiencies, American companies can simply absorb them by raising prices.

Yeah, but the money from the price increases will go to Americans. The number of Americans working will increase and so will demand. Naturally, that demand will increase prices, further. But, it’s all going to Americans, so it’s all just fine.   :grouphug:
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
As long as the fentanyl and intellectual theft continue, suspend all trade with China.  Screw China!!!

America can weather through it!

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

He is encouraging American manufacturers to raise their prices because of artificial restraints on their competitors. And he is also discouraging the innovation needed to gain a competitive edge.  Instead of waiting out in efficiencies, American companies can simply absorb them by raising prices.
I can agree that has potential to happen.

There are other things that can happen as well if someone does not address China's aggressiveness in financial, military and other foreign interference. 

You make this a solo issue for you to buy cheaply no matter what.  I see many things tied up here that have for too long been kicked down the road by others.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

There are other things that can happen as well if someone does not address China's aggressiveness in financial, military and other foreign interference. 

You make this a solo issue for you to buy cheaply no matter what.  I see many things tied up here that have for too long been kicked down the road by others.

:thumbsup:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

:yowsa: There is far more to this than just anyone's pocketbook!

Chinese grant-fraud conviction only a start
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 01:53:13 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Yeah, but the money from the price increases will go to Americans. The number of Americans working will increase and so will demand. Naturally, that demand will increase prices, further. But, it’s all going to Americans, so it’s all just fine.   :grouphug:

The money, paid by ME, will go to stagnant corporations that rely on government mandates to provide them more monopolistic pricing models.  The number of Americans will decrease, and so will demand.  Even a fifth grader can understand that.  Double the price of lemonade, and watch your sales go down.  And it is not all fine that my standard of living goes down because I am not a member of the protected class - fat-cat union members and their corporate conspirators.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-