Author Topic: Feds intercept nearly 53,000 illegal Chinese gun parts in Los Angeles  (Read 384 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Feds intercept nearly 53,000 illegal Chinese gun parts in Los Angeles
The stocks, muzzles and other parts were packed in their own containers on 3 ships that also carried household items, apparel, toys, and machinery.

Aug. 22, 2019, 5:06 PM CDT
By Andrew Blankstein

LOS ANGELES — U.S. officials have intercepted and seized almost 53,000 illegal Chinese gun parts in three separate shipments at the port of Los Angeles/Long Beach.

The seized items included gun sights, stocks, muzzles and other parts worth a total of more than $378,000. The parts were intercepted in recent weeks, according to law enforcement sources familiar with the matter, and were packed in their own cargo containers on three separate ships that were also carrying household items, apparel, toys, industrial machinery and other imports.

Customs and Border Protection officers seized the shipments and consulted ATF agents, who confirmed that the firearm parts violated an embargo against Chinese weapons.

More at: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/china/feds-intercept-nearly-53-000-illegal-chinese-gun-parts-los-n1045481

A black market already exists for guns; I am sure, I don't know the extent but if they fooled with the gun laws, we'd probably see a lot more.

The Feds aren't telling us and I'm mainly talking about dope but there certainly have been a lot of busts on contraband lately.  See picture at link.

The Chinese, just for a start would be all over this. Other societies do not have honor like we do. They smuggle or manufacture fentanyl in, they'll smuggle whatever they can to take advantage of other folks,  heck, back during WWII, I've heard US forces saw a lot of people smoking opium and stuff, maybe they got that in the Opium wars, I'm no expert. Maybe what goes around, comes around. Golden Triangle too in SE Asia.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:44:48 pm by TomSea »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Feds intercept nearly 53,000 illegal Chinese gun parts in Los Angeles
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 11:04:06 pm »
A black market already exists for guns; I am sure, I don't know the extent but if they fooled with the gun laws, we'd probably see a lot more.

The Feds aren't telling us and I'm mainly talking about dope but there certainly have been a lot of busts on contraband lately.  See picture at link.

The Chinese, just for a start would be all over this. Other societies do not have honor like we do. They smuggle or manufacture fentanyl in, they'll smuggle whatever they can to take advantage of other folks,  heck, back during WWII, I've heard US forces saw a lot of people smoking opium and stuff, maybe they got that in the Opium wars, I'm no expert. Maybe what goes around, comes around. Golden Triangle too in SE Asia.
It isn't a question of honor. They are engaged in asymmetrical warfare, especially with the drugs, and making a tidy profit, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 02:29:44 am »
It isn't a question of honor. They are engaged in asymmetrical warfare, especially with the drugs, and making a tidy profit, too.

And, doing a damn good job of it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2019, 02:33:16 am »
And, doing a damn good job of it.
No warfare, no attack, is so successful as one so insidious the enemy does not realize they are being attacked.

People are stupid.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis