Author Topic: Reflecting a demographic shift, 109 U.S. counties have become majority nonwhite since 2000  (Read 403 times)

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/21/u-s-counties-majority-nonwhite/

Reflecting a demographic shift, 109 U.S. counties have become majority nonwhite since 2000
BY JENS MANUEL KROGSTAD

In the United States, the white share of the population is declining as Hispanic, Asian and black populations grow. But the shift to a more diverse nation is happening more quickly in some places than in others.

From 2000 to 2018, 109 counties in 22 states, from California to Kansas to North Carolina, went from majority white to majority nonwhite – that is, counties where non-Hispanic whites are no longer the majority, according to a Pew Research Center analysis of Census Bureau data. (Our analysis includes only counties with a minimum population of 10,000 in 2018. These counties represent 77% of the nation’s 3,142 counties and include 99% of the U.S. population.)

More at URL above...

Poster's comment:
Demography IS "destiny".
It is... the future.

The USA of twenty years from now will be profoundly different than it is today.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 08:08:14 pm by MOD4 »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Non-white minorities, doing the reproducing that white Americans won't do.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline bilo

Non-white minorities, doing the reproducing that white Americans won't do.

This is a worldwide phenomenon as well.

If young men in the western civilized world don't grow up and take charge of their lives someone else will fill the void.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
When cultural norms haven't bought into the baby daddy herd breeding model, this is to be expected. It's expensive paying for everyone else's children and your own, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Isn't most of this due to immigration?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Isn't most of this due to immigration?
I would think that is a major factor.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis