Author Topic: Yippie-Ki-NO WAY: Fans aghast Disney’s rumored reboot of Die Hard might feature ‘woke’ McClane  (Read 621 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Everything Disney touches turns to shi....

Fans of the action film Die Hard are begging Disney to leave their beloved franchise alone, after rumors emerged that the company would attempt to reboot the dormant series, leaving the internet cringing in anticipation.
Following its merger with 20th Century Fox earlier this year, Disney canceled a planned prequel to the cult 1988 film, but a new ‘Die Hard’ project starring a young John McClane is still rumored to be in the works.

Devotees of the franchise reacted by demanding on Twitter that Disney leave the reboot on the shelf. While there were a few voices curious how the reboot would turn out, the vast majority of takes predicted that the film would inevitably lose its edge with a kid-friendly remake that no one asked for.

https://www.rt.com/news/466934-rumors-disney-reboot-die-hard/
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline dfwgator

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Leftists ruin everything.
They are the Hans Gruber's.  You know my name but who are you? Just another American who saw too many movies as a child? Another orphan of a bankrupt culture who thinks he's John Wayne? Rambo? Marshall Dillon?

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Oh, I dunno. Show him starting off as a 'Save the World' liberal who gets mugged, and transitions into someone worthwhile.

(Not that I'd trust Disney to get that right.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

In the "woke" remake McClane and Gruber would make friends and come out against "white supremacy" capitalism, cultural appropriation,
and urge the audience to join the BDS movement, .BLM,  and for revoking the second amendment.

Offline Applewood

Let Disney do the remake, spend millions on it, then when the movie is released, let it die.  Maybe when Disney finds their crappy remakes of good movies aren't selling, they won't do it again. 

Offline dfwgator

Let Disney do the remake, spend millions on it, then when the movie is released, let it die.  Maybe when Disney finds their crappy remakes of good movies aren't selling, they won't do it again.

Hollywood makes movies for foreign audiences, not Americans.

Offline Wingnut

Hollywood makes movies for foreign audiences, not Americans.

Liberal American anyway.