Author Topic: Joe Walsh to mount primary bid against 'absolutely unfit' Trump  (Read 1767 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Joe Walsh to mount primary bid against 'absolutely unfit' Trump

By NATASHA KORECKI

08/21/2019 11:23 PM EDT

CHICAGO — Joe Walsh, the flame-throwing conservative radio show host and former Illinois congressman, is moving toward challenging President Donald Trump in a Republican primary, calling the president an “unfit divider in chief” and claiming the party is craving an alternative.

Walsh told POLITICO on Wednesday he is confident he could secure the resources and support to mount a challenge against the president, and that if he ran, he would announce in short order. While Walsh would not confirm he would enter the primary, two sources who spoke to him said he was privately confirming he would announce his presidential bid this weekend.

“If I’m to do it, it’s going to happen soon,” Walsh told POLITICO on Wednesday. “I’ve been really surprised by the amount of anxiousness from people across the spectrum who want this president to have a challenge, because there’s just a real concern that he’s absolutely unfit.”

Walsh has little chance of posing a genuine threat to Trump, who’s light-years ahead in fundraising and whose favorability ratings remain strong with Republicans in poll after poll.

more
https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/21/joe-walsh-primary-bid-trump-1471632
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

Re: Joe Walsh to mount primary bid against 'absolutely unfit' Trump
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 08:11:56 pm »
A Better Man?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 08:20:35 pm »
Well, you know, "The Smoker you Drink the Player You Get"  :whistle:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGHwBoT9tMk&list=PLLfLWygNyBDPDujTLqDBBHy0FXPskMIpQ
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 08:21:38 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 08:24:20 pm »
Well, you know, "The Smoker you Drink the Player You Get"  :whistle:

"You Can't Argue with a Sick Mind"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 08:40:58 pm »
One of the hardcore NeverTrumpers is going to run third Party against Trump. Romney, Walsh, Kristol, or someone else will run not to win, but simply to sabotage Trump to ensure a Democrat President. The NTs keep saying over and over, until they are blue in the face, that they are NOT Democrats and NOT Liberals. And yet everything they do bolsters the Democrats and Liberals.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline berdie

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 08:45:41 pm »
One of the hardcore NeverTrumpers is going to run third Party against Trump. Romney, Walsh, Kristol, or someone else will run not to win, but simply to sabotage Trump to ensure a Democrat President. The NTs keep saying over and over, until they are blue in the face, that they are NOT Democrats and NOT Liberals. And yet everything they do bolsters the Democrats and Liberals.

I totally agree!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 08:50:43 pm »

Defeating an incumbent president in a primary is really a long shot. Trump managed to fill more seats at one of his rallies than Elton John did.  Despite the skewed and weak polling data that shows Trump's popularity waning, I don't see any GOP challenging Trump and winning.  Just not going to happen.  Running 3rd party they may at best claim 1 or 2% ... I don't think enough to make a difference.  In the case of Romney I believe he would have to switch parties which means that he would lose his Senate  seat.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 08:54:23 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 09:08:17 pm »
Defeating an incumbent president in a primary is really a long shot. Trump managed to fill more seats at one of his rallies than Elton John did.  Despite the skewed and weak polling data that shows Trump's popularity waning, I don't see any GOP challenging Trump and winning.  Just not going to happen.  Running 3rd party they may at best claim 1 or 2% ... I don't think enough to make a difference.  In the case of Romney I believe he would have to switch parties which means that he would lose his Senate  seat.
All true. But "political rules" have become obsolete these days. Rules only matter if there is someone to enforce them. These days, politicians can do whatever they want to do. Hillary ran and won as Senator of New York having never lived there. Waters lives outside of her district, as do very many other politicians. Sanders is running in the Democrat Party, even though he is not a Democrat. Nobody enforces any rules pertaining to politicians.

Romney could easily run third Party. Some Judge from somewhere would block any attempt to challenge his eligibility. American politics is a cesspool of nepotism and corruption. There are no 'rules' or 'laws' anymore.

Romney (or someone else) could run the easiest campaign in history. Since he is not running to win, but merely to siphon a few points from Trump, it would be cheap, it would be a revenge kind of 'joke', and it would be a cakewalk. All they would have to do is to target the NeverTrumpers who don't want to vote for Trump and 'bingo', Trump loses, the Democrats win, and the NTs in all the chaos that would follow a Democrat President spend the rest of their lives screaming about how "they voted their conscience".
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:09:14 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online rustynail

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 09:15:42 pm »
Going to play this at his rallies?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_qHU_6Ofc0

Offline dfwgator

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 10:01:37 pm »
Reminder:
"The New Hampshire primary is the first in a series of nationwide party primary elections and the second party contest (the first being the Iowa Caucuses) held in the United States every four years as part of the process of choosing the delegates to the Democratic and Republican national conventions which choose the party nominees for the presidential elections to be held the subsequent November."

If Joe Walsh announces for president this week-end, expect him to be in New Hampshire and Iowa quickly.

John Kasich is still deciding to run or not, but will be in New Hampshire next week. 

Still weighing his options is former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford who visited the Granite State (New Hampshire) last month (July). The longtime Republican lawmaker called the visit another "green light" in his 2020 primary deliberations. "If you look at a state like New Hampshire, there certainly is historic precedent for somebody getting in during this window of time." Mark Sanford said in mid July "he was considering a run for the presidency because he believes 'we’re walking away toward the most predictable financial crisis in the history of man.'”

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 10:55:01 pm »
Reminder:
"The New Hampshire primary is the first in a series of nationwide party primary elections and the second party contest (the first being the Iowa Caucuses) held in the United States every four years as part of the process of choosing the delegates to the Democratic and Republican national conventions which choose the party nominees for the presidential elections to be held the subsequent November."

If Joe Walsh announces for president this week-end, expect him to be in New Hampshire and Iowa quickly.

John Kasich is still deciding to run or not, but will be in New Hampshire next week. 

Still weighing his options is former South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford who visited the Granite State (New Hampshire) last month (July). The longtime Republican lawmaker called the visit another "green light" in his 2020 primary deliberations. "If you look at a state like New Hampshire, there certainly is historic precedent for somebody getting in during this window of time." Mark Sanford said in mid July "he was considering a run for the presidency because he believes 'we’re walking away toward the most predictable financial crisis in the history of man.'”

I don't see any of those that you mentioned defeating Trump.  It's just not going to happen.  The only state that Kasich won in the '16 primary was his home state of OH and he was way down in the polls in all other states.  Consider also that Sanford was recently defeated.  Romney isn't going to give up his Senate seat. Walsh is a talk show host and prior served one term of Congress and was then defeated.  So we have candidates that the people have rejected now thinking that they can win the presidency?  Trump still has a tremendous base and the $$ machine behind him.  IMHO those mentioned are doing more harm to the party than good.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 11:14:43 pm by libertybele »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2019, 11:04:20 pm »
So do the President's actions. How's that deficit reduction going again?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline bilo

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2019, 11:06:06 pm »

With friends like these who needs enemies.

None of these people did a darn thing about immigration, trade, defense, or abortion when they had any authority. Yet they act like they are better than Trump, who is doing things about these issues, because they are more "genteel". I don't know about anyone else but I'll take a rough, tough, crude SOB who fights over a bunch of armchair QB's who won't get out of their chairs.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2019, 11:07:50 pm »
My Maserati does one-eighty-five...
I lost my license, now I don't drive...
I have a limo, ride in the back,
I lock the doors in case I'm attacked!

Offline skeeter

« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2019, 11:08:24 pm »
First Bill Weld then Joe Walsh. The pressure builds...

Offline EdJames

• Certified Trump Realist
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2019, 11:12:52 pm »

He'll be lucky to survive!!

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2019, 11:16:58 pm »

888high58888   :rolling:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2019, 01:39:17 am »

I was just looking for those lyrics to post!

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2019, 04:27:14 am »
How do I get past the vision of the "Chosen One" standing in the Third Temple with all his Temple tax coins?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2019, 04:55:59 am »

POTUS campaigning......   The Rocky Mountian Way!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2019, 01:14:38 pm »
How do I get past the vision of the "Chosen One" standing in the Third Temple with all his Temple tax coins?

You go read what he actually said instead of how the news media wants to hear it.

Offline GrouchoTex

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2019, 01:17:44 pm »
I can't believe that Walsh has any ratings on his Salem Radio show. I view his announcement as a means of trying to get more visibility for his show, nothing more.

He can't run for President while staying on the air, that would be a conflict of interest.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2019, 02:23:38 pm »
You go read what he actually said instead of how the news media wants to hear it.
Some people will disbelieve anything he says and blame it on the media. Ears in fingers, screaming at the top of their lungs syndrome.

He's a well-established narcissist, was before he entered politics and still is. This should not surprise anyone. Alas, it does fool a lot of people.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024