Author Topic: I tried to buy a gun at Walmart twice, and roadblocks left me empty-handed both times  (Read 945 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
     Walmart is facing calls to stop selling guns in the wake of deadly shootings at its stores.

I went to a Walmart store in Virginia with the intention of buying a gun as part of an investigation into the placement, selection, marketing, security, and sales of firearms in Walmart's stores.

My journey to bring a gun home from Walmart was more complicated than I expected, and I was left with the impression that the company takes gun security and sales seriously.

The availability of guns at Walmart has become a hotly debated issue in the wake of two deadly shootings at its stores that killed 24 people.

More than 128,000 people have signed a petition urging Walmart to stop selling guns and take a stronger stance against firearms since the shootings at stores in El Paso, Texas, and Southaven, Mississippi. But the company has said it has no plans to stop selling them. ...

https://www.businessinsider.com/walmart-gun-buying-review-virginia-store-2019-8

What an unusually balanced and objectively-written article!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
What an unusually balanced and objectively-written article!

I'm impressed with her honesty in that story. Liberal anti-gun advocates will hate that story.  It blows up their entire narrative.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline PeteS in CA

:silly:  22222frying pan Several weeks ago I had a go-rounder with a FB Friend who posted an absurd meme to the effect that girls' school clothing is more heavily regulated in the US than guns. 22222frying pan  :silly:

I wish I had had this article available at the time. Not that it would have changed the Prog's view, but making Proggies squirm by proving their absurdities are absurd is fun.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I thought the business of trying to find a store that sells guns a bit tedious (why didn't she just get in her car and start driving?).  Now that she got schooled on the requirements, it seems to me she could walk into that Walmart and buy that gun if she wanted to.

I agree, it's a good story, especially good if the reporter was surprised.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
With her obvious lack of knowledge concerning guns in general, I seriously doubt she has ever held a rifle in her life much less fired one. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
With her obvious lack of knowledge concerning guns in general, I seriously doubt she has ever held a rifle in her life much less fired one.
Maybe not, but with her experience with a handgun, she might be more likely to do so now, and with less prejudice against it.
That was a remarkably fair article, considering it came from a confessed liberal. I'd even go so far as to say good journalism.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis