Author Topic: Instagram Shuts Down Female-Driven Firearm Page ‘Well Armed Woman’  (Read 1781 times)

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
INSTAGRAM HAS INEXPLICABLY SHUT DOWN THE WELL ARMED WOMAN ACCOUNT, THE SOLE PURPOSE OF WHICH IS EDUCATING WOMEN ON FIREARMS AND EMPOWERING THEM TO BE SAFE.

It’s no secret the firearms community is under attack on social media. Censorship has run rampant on various platforms over the last year as hostilities grow toward the Second Amendment. YouTube constantly changes its policies to limit the content firearms accounts can post. Remember last summer when YouTube inexplicably removed the Brownells account? Nobody is safe. At Athlon Outdoors, we’ve received a couple of warnings from Instagram in the past. We even had our Facebook accounts suspended for 24 hours once. Fun times.

The latest victim to this trend is The Well Armed Woman and we’re really not happy about this one.

The Well Armed Woman Loses Its Instagram
Why is this such a big deal to us? Firstly, we’re all friends in the firearms community. We look out for each other. However, this one hits home because we support the mission of The Well Armed Woman. Carrie Lightfoot founded the company in an attempt at educating women on firearms and empowering them. Like any sane, rational person, Lightfoot wants women to be safe out in that crazy world of ours, as we all do; well, except for Instagram, apparently.

“The Well Armed Woman Instagram page has been shut down with no warning or communication. Just gone! It appears empowering and educating women to #RefuseToBeAVictim to rape and murder is offensive to them!” the company wrote on its Facebook page, which is also now in danger. “We also, for the 1st time ever, have had a post removed by Facebook. As you know, we only post encouragement and education on our social media. Nothing promoting violence, hate, abuse, or anything offensive. Scary times my friends, scary times …”

Censorship is dangerous in any form. However, he bigger problem with social media platforms cracking the proverbial whip with firearms-based accounts is that the people looking at the content and making these decision don’t understand firearms. The case of The Well Armed Woman is exactly what we’re talking about. There is nothing dangerous about the company; actually, quite the opposite. They’re an excellent resource for women who want to protect themselves.

https://www.ballisticmag.com/2019/08/22/well-armed-woman-instagram/?fbclid=IwAR3LKCTH0W4K826HxizoNqjZgxjHfoGKdNJeQFklrPv2-uF37_UwoLxewxQ
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Typical control freak Leftists. When the message is something that they can't abide, they squelch it.

I guess all that stuff about a woman's rights to her body only extends to killing her baby, not defending it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
Typical control freak Leftists. When the message is something that they can't abide, they squelch it.

I guess all that stuff about a woman's rights to her body only extends to killing her baby, not defending it.

Well I’ve tried to get a straight answer on that but so far... 🤷‍♂️
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline mountaineer

I don't use Instagram, but am on TWAW's email list. This is ridiculous. They promote personal safety (with and without firearms) as well as gun rights. They also sell products. Those running these social media sites are letting the power to censor go to their heads.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Rule #39
IIRC from yesterday whoever runs TWAW's facebook page said for the first time the other day they had a post removed from there too.  They are worried the FB page will be the next to be shut down.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
A few years ago, I wouldn't have believed that there would be such censorship in the US. **nononono*
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline verga

This is one of the stupidest things I have ever heard.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline skeeter

A few years ago, I wouldn't have believed that there would be such censorship in the US. **nononono*

The left would end our free and open society overnight if they could.

And they yet might. They've been doing very well incrementally but when the big push comes it will happen very fast.

Offline verga

The left would end our free and open society overnight if they could.

And they yet might. They've been doing very well incrementally but when the big push comes it will happen very fast.
And hopefully the push back will be faster and louder.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mountaineer

We Will Not Be Silenced
    Posted by Carrie Lightfoot

In our digital world of blogs, websites, and e-commerce, the loss of your social media accounts can be catastrophic. It is, after all, how we connect, share, educate, inform and share products with our followers. Every business, influencer and media outlet who “lives” online uses social media and depends on it.  The ability to do so creates a level playing field, if you will.

The Well Armed Woman, after all, is about leveling the field for women against larger violent attackers. For us, the firearm is the tool used for leveling the field. For my business, social media levels the field by allowing us to reach and do business. We had used social media as our leveling tool, and it has been reliable for us for years. Well, so I thought!

On Saturday, August 17th, Instagram removed our page. Without any warning or notice, our page was taken down. There was no communication with us, and it remained that way for 6 days. Just like that, in an instant, we were gone. Gone from the fastest growing social media platform, and gone from our over 32,000 followers.

Here is what I felt

I was mad. I was really, really mad.
    I felt helpless. I had no say, no input, and no control. All I could do was submit an appeal on my login page from which I was locked out. After that appeal, I never received a response.
    I was worried. Our livelihood depends on not only our ability to educate and inform, but to share our products and earn a living over our Social Media pages.
    I felt scared. At the same time our Instagram page went down, we had our first ever deleted post and threat that our Facebook page could be removed.  We are still under this threat and have received multiple notifications in recent days. Our 450,000 Facebook fans could be gone in a flash!

Here is what I did

So, I went to work and contacted anyone and everyone I could think of for help. It was time to go to battle, and oh boy did we. Yes, we! People, companies, and organizations from every corner of the firearms industry pitched in. They went to work applying pressure on their social media contacts, wrote articles, shared information on other social platforms, and encouraged me throughout this mess. Fans and people who have never heard of The Well Armed Woman all pitched in and made some serious noise. So much so, that our Instagram page was back the following Thursday morning. Just as quickly as it disappeared, our page reappeared and was active. Again, there was no explanation or communication from Instagram.
Here are my takeaways from this whole mess:

Gun loving people are the best people in the world!
    Together, we are strong and yield great influence.
    Small firearms-related businesses and individuals have been removed in alarming numbers. Sadly, if they do not have the support or contacts from larger companies, influencers, and the gun-media that I am blessed to have, they are left without the means to demand and force their reinstatement.
    The social media giants do not want our voices to be heard and they mean business!
    This battle may be over, but the war rages on. We ARE being censored. We ARE being targeted. We ARE being silenced.

We as an industry and as Second Amendment patriots must find a way to create change. I am not sure how we do that just yet – but trust me, I am working on it!  If you have an idea, please share it in the comments and let’s get to work to find a way to demand change.  ...
More
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

And hopefully the push back will be faster and louder.

I would hope so to, but do you see any push back whatsoever from conservatives??  Meanwhile the leftists are highly organized and have the MSM on their side.  On the right we have several gun rights organizations but that's about as far as any so-called organization goes.  The strongest and largest among those organization is the NRA and they are struggling financially.  The conservative public seems to be silent for the most part.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

I would hope so to, but do you see any push back whatsoever from conservatives??  Meanwhile the leftists are highly organized and have the MSM on their side.  On the right we have several gun rights organizations but that's about as far as any so-called organization goes.  The strongest and largest among those organization is the NRA and they are struggling financially.  The conservative public seems to be silent for the most part.

And that is in itself the the very point of the censorship... It is not that there is no hue and cry, but rather, that no one can hear it...

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
20 years ago if someone had told you that Social Media would be the biggest threat your freedoms, we'd said they're crazy.

It is now a runaway train , with no solution to correct in sight
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
20 years ago if someone had told you that Social Media would be the biggest threat your freedoms, we'd said they're crazy.

It is now a runaway train , with no solution to correct in sight
From the onset, it had all the inherent dangers of a gaggle of gossips at a rummage sale, weaponized.

It has become even worse through censorship of all but the gossip approved message.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis