Author Topic: Barack and Michelle Obama Buying Mega-Mansion in Martha's Vineyard  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Barack and Michelle Obama Buying Mega-Mansion in Martha's Vineyard
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2019, 02:04:07 am »
Guess they are not too worried about climate change causing the oceans to rise.
A little storm like the one in 1944 could clean the place up. Back to Nature....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2019, 04:53:14 am »
Well I see the Obama's are really worried about that globull warming crap they they were shoveling on the ignorant masses, what with their buying beachfront property.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2019, 12:13:27 pm »
So when will antifa, occupy wall st. and the rest of the anarchists and loons descent on Hussein's MV home to protest one percenters?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2019, 12:29:06 pm »
Book sales must be through the roof.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Applewood

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2019, 01:40:08 pm »
@mystery-ak
@libertybele

The interior is all white and very bland in my opinion.

Not to mention difficult to keep clean.  Of course, I don't expect the Obamas will have to worry about cleaning.  They have "people" tio do that for them.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2019, 01:45:44 pm »
Of course, I don't expect the Obamas will have to worry about cleaning.  They have "people" to do that for them.
HRC recommends this cleaning lady and will give a good reference:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2019, 01:50:46 pm »
Paid for with payoff money from the Iatola and his merry band of Mullahs!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Applewood

« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2019, 01:52:08 pm »
HRC recommends this cleaning lady and will give a good reference:

LOL

Offline Applewood

« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2019, 01:58:11 pm »
Well I see the Obama's are really worried about that globull warming crap they they were shoveling on the ignorant masses, what with their buying beachfront property.

I would imagine this place is like Al Snore's:  Not at all "climate friendly."  You can bet they aren't setting the thermostats to 85 degrees in summer and 60 degrees in winter.  You can be sure this estate gobbles up plenty of fossil fuels.  These people are exempt from those enviro-friendly measures they want to impose on the rest of us

Offline verga

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2019, 02:45:01 pm »

The pictures I've see of Martha's Vineyard are beautiful and I once thought I would love to see it.  I'll bet the natives are ecstatic.
I see what you did there. :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2019, 02:50:34 pm »
I recently perused a home decor magazine featuring an all-white house and it really needed something to break up the monotony. I like the clean look of white, but with occasional contrast (chiaroscuro, and all that).
Thank you for teaching me a new word and broadening my horizons. I love the work of some of the artists that used it, but never knew what it was called.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2019, 02:56:59 pm »
Book sales must be through the roof.

Michelle's book "Becoming" is a #1 NY Times Bestseller.  She was advanced $60 million for her book and it is projected to be the best selling memoir in history.  She has written others and Barrack has written a few himself.  They have an estimated net worth of around $135 million. Certainly much wealthier than when they first entered the White House. 

He also receives a 6 figure pension.  The money that they receive from speaking engagements, book signings and appearances is staggering.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2019, 03:07:18 pm »
Michelle's book "Becoming" is a #1 NY Times Bestseller.  She was advanced $60 million for her book and it is projected to be the best selling memoir in history.  She has written others and Barrack has written a few himself.  They have an estimated net worth of around $135 million. Certainly much wealthier than when they first entered the White House. 

He also receives a 6 figure pension.  The money that they receive from speaking engagements, book signings and appearances is staggering.

And no one ever deserved success less. Zero and Mooch are fabulously wealthy after eight years of attempting to take down our republic.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2019, 04:19:30 pm »
I would imagine this place is like Al Snore's:  Not at all "climate friendly."  You can bet they aren't setting the thermostats to 85 degrees in summer and 60 degrees in winter.  You can be sure this estate gobbles up plenty of fossil fuels.  These people are exempt from those enviro-friendly measures they want to impose on the rest of us
Yes, and just like Ted Kennedy,  they'll NIMBY offshore windmills.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2019, 05:31:32 pm »
I often wonder if the leftwing rank & file ever notice that their political white hats always ride into DC as commoners yet retire lousy with wealth.

OTOH, I haven't heard of any Republicans going penniless from their "service" to the country. They've been doing ok at the pig trough.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Snarknado

• Anti
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2019, 05:41:17 pm »
I never thought I'd miss a Kennedy, but I sure wish JFK Jr. was still around to fly the 0bamas back and forth to the mainland.
---
Everything I need to know I learned in GTA

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2019, 04:57:15 am »

It's is Oprah's money.  She can spend it where she wants.  :shrug: :whistle:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2019, 04:59:02 am »
I never thought I'd miss a Kennedy, but I sure wish JFK Jr. was still around to fly the 0bamas back and forth to the mainland.

Whatever anyone here thinks, the day JFK died, this country died.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2019, 05:59:54 am »

JFK the father, yes.  Junior?  He was a dimbulb who thought the family fortunes made him  immune to death, so he went flying in bad weather, even though he was an inexperienced and crappy pilot.  He ended up killing not only himself, but 2 others as well.  Seems to be a pattern with the Kennedys.  They make bad decisions and someone ends up dead. 

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2019, 12:02:05 pm »
That does seem to be the turning point.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2019, 12:45:07 pm »
That does seem to be the turning point.

And here I was thinking I was the only one who noticed.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien