Author Topic: Maher Responds To Tlaib's Calls To Boycott His Show And It's Pure Perfection  (Read 493 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Maher Responds To Tlaib's Calls To Boycott His Show And It's Pure Perfection
Beth Baumann

@eb454
|
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 6:25 PM

Over the weekend, HBO host Bill Maher slammed the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions Movement, commonly referred to as the BDS Movement. According to Maher, the BDS Movement is a "bulls**t" litmus test for Democrats. Specifically, he was referencing Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) and Ilhan Omar (D-MN), who have been very vocal about boycotting Israel.

"BDS is a bulls**t purity test by people who want to appear woke and have actually slept through history class," Maher said, at which point the audience broke out into a thunderous applause. "It's predicated on this notion that is very shallow thinking, that the Jews are in Israel are mostly white and the Palestinians are browner so they [Palestinians] must be innocent and correct and the Jews must be wrong. As if occupation came out of the blue, that this completely peaceful people found themselves occupied. Forget about the infectadas and the suicide bombings and the rockets and how many wars?"

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethbaumann/2019/08/21/maher-responds-to-tlaibs-calls-to-boycott-his-show-and-its-pure-perfection-n2552041
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
It's predicated on this notion that is very shallow thinking, that the Jews are in Israel are mostly white and the Palestinians are browner so they [Palestinians] must be innocent and correct and the Jews must be wrong.

Is that really what passes for the thinking?  Wow. 

Offline skeeter

Is that really what passes for the thinking?  Wow.

Its the kind of thinking usually pervading a Maher audience. Them wildly applauding his (rightly) rejecting it in this one case makes me chuckle.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Its the kind of thinking usually pervading a Maher audience. Them wildly applauding his (rightly) rejecting it in this one case makes me chuckle.

I have to admit I don't know much about Maher audiences. 

Offline skeeter

I have to admit I don't know much about Maher audiences.

Suffice it to say the word 'thinking' isn't one I'd normally associate with them.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Suffice it to say the word 'thinking' isn't one I'd normally associate with them.
Mebbe they got 'woked'. :shrug:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline verga

I am sorry, right now I am just enjoying watching the liberals eat each other.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.