Author Topic: Trump says he wanted to give himself Medal of Honor  (Read 508 times)

Offline corbe

Trump says he wanted to give himself Medal of Honor
« on: August 22, 2019, 01:50:23 am »
Trump says he wanted to give himself Medal of Honor

By Quint Forgey 4 hrs ago

President Donald Trump claimed to laughter on Wednesday that he sought to give himself a Medal of Honor, but decided not to after being counseled against the move by aides.

The offhand remark from the president came during his address to the 75th annual national convention of American Veterans, a volunteer-led veterans service organization also known as AMVETS.
At the event in Louisville, Kentucky, Trump singled out for praise WWII veteran and Medal of Honor recipient Woody Williams.

“Thank you, Woody. You’re looking good, Woody. Woody’s looking good,” Trump said.

<..snip..>

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-says-he-wanted-to-give-himself-medal-of-honor/ar-AAG8n7f?ocid=spartandhp
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Trump says he wanted to give himself Medal of Honor
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2019, 01:51:34 am »
   Eat This @MoMo
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline MoMo

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 01:54:31 am »
How long did it take you to find this? @corbe

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 02:13:08 am »
How long did it take you to find this? @corbe

Longer than it took you to find new batteries for your favorite toy.  wink777

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2019, 02:44:11 am »
@corbe

I heard it on the news several times today.  Thanks for posting.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2019, 04:05:16 am »
@corbe

I heard it on the news several times today.  Thanks for posting.

Along with other off the wall things. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2019, 04:43:22 am »
I get it, Trump was clearly making a joke. There's a time and a place for joking around, and I just don't think it was the time or the place.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2019, 05:17:56 am »
I get it, Trump was clearly making a joke. There's a time and a place for joking around, and I just don't think it was the time or the place.

That's the clean up phrase for all the bad, and stupid stuff he says.  'It was a joke".
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2019, 05:21:27 am »

IF a joke, absolutley disgusting.  Making light, or funnies about the MOH is an affront to every hero who recieved the medal.

How many lines does Trump have to cross before his supporters wake up?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2019, 11:00:27 am »
IF a joke, absolutley disgusting.  Making light, or funnies about the MOH is an affront to every hero who recieved the medal.

How many lines does Trump have to cross before his supporters wake up?
They'll wake up when there's no Democratic Party to foil him. Until then... there'll always be some threat bigger than him.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024