Author Topic: Creeping Sharia  (Read 1356 times)

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Creeping Sharia
« on: August 21, 2019, 11:44:07 pm »
Why Do People Say Muslim Now Instead of Moslem?

by Yii-Ann Christine Chen

Originally published 7-8-02

Is it Muslim or Moslem?

When Baby Boomers were children it was Moslem. The American Heritage Dictionary (1992) noted,"Moslem is the form predominantly preferred in journalism and popular usage. Muslim is preferred by scholars and by English-speaking adherents of Islam." No more. Now, almost everybody uses Muslim.

According to the Center for Nonproliferation Studies,"Moslem and Muslim are basically two different spellings for the same word." But the seemingly arbitrary choice of spellings is a sensitive subject for many followers of Islam. Whereas for most English speakers, the two words are synonymous in meaning, the Arabic roots of the two words are very different. A Muslim in Arabic means"one who gives himself to God," and is by definition, someone who adheres to Islam. By contrast, a Moslem in Arabic means"one who is evil and unjust" when the word is pronounced, as it is in English, Mozlem with a z.

Why J.K. Rowling is so incensed about Rupert Murdoch’s tweet about ‘Moslems’

By Terrence McCoy
January 12, 2015

Aging conservative icon Rupert Murdoch has never had a problem lacing his Twitter account with provocative opinion. In a given month, he’ll vacillate from the injustices of taxation to President Obama’s policies, which he predicts will go “terribly wrong,” to an issue that truly gets him riled: Muslims.

In 2013, the News Corp. tycoon got into hot water when he proclaimed on Twitter that “societies have to integrate,” but lamented that “Muslims find it hardest.” Last last year, Murdoch addressed the controversy over the nearly all-white cast of “Moses,” which depicts Mideast Biblical events. “Moses film attacked on Twitter for all white cast,” Murdoch mused. “Since when are Egyptians not white? All I know are.”

On Sunday, Murdoch struck again. “Maybe most Moslems are peaceful, but until they recognize and destroy their growing jihadist cancer they must be held responsible,” Murdoch declared. Then he dug his heels in. “Big jihadist danger looming everywhere from Philippines to Africa to Europe to US. Political correctness makes for denial and hypocrisy.”

As the comments went viral in the Internet Rage Machine, Murdoch perhaps sensed he had overstepped, and offered one last tweet: “Extraordinary scenes in Paris today, but do not forget the heroic sacrifice of Ahmed Merabet, Muslim police officer whose funeral was today.”

One of people leading the outrage was author J.K. Rowling, who immediately took issue with Murdoch’s proclamation and let loose with a barrage of pugnacious tweets.

“I was born Christian,” she said. “If that makes Rupert Murdoch my responsibility, I’ll auto-excommunicate. … The Spanish Inquisition was my fault, as is all Christian fundamentalist violence. Oh, and Jim Bakker. … Eight times more Muslims have been killed by so-called Islamic terrorists than non-Muslims.”

Rupert Murdoch, executive chairman of News Corp., in 2014. (Jason Reed/AP)

Lurking beneath that tiff, however, was another issue: Murdoch’s seemingly antiquated spelling of “Muslims.” He called them “Moslems.” The discrepancy became fodder for numerous observers: “Now, he is tweeting wrong, bigoted things about Muslims! (‘Moslems,’ actually),” wrote Gawker’s Brendan O’Connor. Vox added: “On Friday, Rupert Murdoch tweeted that Muslims (sorry, ‘Moslems’) should be ‘held responsible’ for terrorism unless they destroy jihadism.”

Those asides implied Murdoch had said something culturally insensitive, if not bigoted, when describing Muslims. But is the spelling “Moslem” bigoted, as commenters indicated on Sunday? Has standard English evolved beyond “Moslems,” which was once as common as using “the Orient”? Or are “Muslim” and “Moslem” interchangeable?

The Moslem World.
Author:    Christian Literature Society for India.; Hartford Seminary Foundation.
Publisher:    London : Published for the Nile Mission Press by the Christian

uh huh

The Muslim World Journal

Founded in 1911, and sponsored by Hartford Seminary since 1938, The Muslim World journal is edited and published quarterly by the Macdonald Center and Wiley-Blackwell.
The Muslim World Journal

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: Creeping Sharia
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 11:47:15 pm »
The reason I call them mozlems. They didn't used to have a problem with it. Now they do. The reason I WILL NOT capitalize islam.

You want more?

Read the current headlines.

Ban moslems.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2019, 01:28:04 am »
I call them "Moslems."  I had to add the word to my spell checkers.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2019, 12:38:40 pm »
This seems a micro-tempest in search of a doll house teapot. Muslim, Moslem, Mohammedan, whatever. How J. K. Rowling behaving like a twit is somehow related to Sharia ... I don't see a connection.

Now, Hanukah vs. Chanukah, there's something worth wrangling about!
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2019, 12:19:31 am »
This seems a micro-tempest in search of a doll house teapot. Muslim, Moslem, Mohammedan, whatever. How J. K. Rowling behaving like a twit is somehow related to Sharia ... I don't see a connection.

Now, Hanukah vs. Chanukah, there's something worth wrangling about!

Not Rowling. That wasn't the point.

4 Stages of Islamic Conquest:

As the author and historian Serge Trifkovic states:

“The refusal of the Western elite class to protect their nations from jihadist infiltration is the biggest betrayal in history.”

https://civilusdefendus.wordpress.com/2010/01/10/4-stages-of-islamic-conquest/

If you don't understand it then please don't comment on it until you educate yourself a bit. Take a good hard look at Europe.

Here is another website you will like.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2019, 11:42:57 am »
If you don't understand it then please don't comment on it until you educate yourself a bit. Take a good hard look at Europe.

:silly: What you understand of me would fit in a doll house thimble. :silly: I comment as I choose. :silly: That you resorted immediately to ad hominem is telling. :silly:
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2019, 12:13:48 pm »
:silly: What you understand of me would fit in a doll house thimble. :silly: I comment as I choose. :silly: That you resorted immediately to ad hominem is telling. :silly:

uh huh

I saw a headline that two more Americans died in F ghanistan. Why even report it? By now, everyone knows that defending our secret underground nuclear submarine bases there is worth it.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2019, 02:05:43 pm »
uh huh

I saw a headline that two more Americans died in F ghanistan. Why even report it? By now, everyone knows that defending our secret underground nuclear submarine bases there is worth it.

Is that why the price of rice in Xian went up yesterday?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2019, 04:53:00 am »
Is that why the price of rice in Xian went up yesterday?

Maybe. I heard that there was a shortage of flying rat's asses.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2019, 02:43:47 pm »
Maybe. I heard that there was a shortage of flying rat's asses.

I'll have to ask my daughter who lives in Xining about that.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2019, 05:53:05 pm »
I'll have to ask my daughter who lives in Xining about that.

My older brother spent some time in China, working for a big Ag company based here in Idaho. In the nineties. His friends there took him into North Korea. In and OUT. People say no way. But he has the pics. Standing in front of a statue of whoever the Yu Dun Wong emperor was at that time.

There was talk, from our state G people about letting the Chinese install an autonomous city south of Boise. There were people giving out flying RA's by the buttload.

Here is a random link. (2011)

http://endoftheamericandream.com/archives/china-wants-to-construct-a-50-square-mile-self-sustaining-city-south-of-boise-idaho

Send your daughter my best. And you have a good day, kind sir.