Author Topic: Appeals court says Colorado electors don't have to vote for winner of state's popular vote  (Read 809 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Appeals court says Colorado electors don't have to vote for winner of state's popular vote
By Tal Axelrod - 08/21/19 12:08 PM EDT

A federal appeals court ruled Tuesday evening that Colorado’s presidential electors do not have to back the candidate who wins the state’s popular vote.

The decision that could have significant consequences for future presidential contests and is likely headed to the Supreme Court.

The 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver ruled in a 2-1 decision against the Colorado Secretary of State in case stemming from the 2016 presidential race.

At the time, three of the Centennial State’s nine electors tried to vote for candidates other than Democrat Hillary Clinton, who had won the state’s popular vote.

more
https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/458244-appeals-court-says-presidential-electors-in-co-dont-have-to-vote-for
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

What a cluster.  The electoral process is rife with uncertainty,  and not just from the inevitable Dem fraud.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
What a cluster.  The electoral process is rife with uncertainty,  and not just from the inevitable Dem fraud.

I have no idea what it is that makes any state government think it can arbitrarily change the Constitution on its own.  They simply cannot.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

I have no idea what it is that makes any state government think it can arbitrarily change the Constitution on its own.  They simply cannot.

They're not.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

IIRC, the Constitution says the States can choose the electors in any manner they desire, but if an election is held, the voters can't be disenfranchised.  This is exactly what a state signing on to the NPV Compact is doing.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
IIRC, the Constitution says the States can choose the electors in any manner they desire, but if an election is held, the voters can't be disenfranchised.  This is exactly what a state signing on to the NPV Compact is doing.

Exactly!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Exactly!

I paid attention during the 2000 Floriduh recount fiasco.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I paid attention during the 2000 Floriduh recount fiasco.

As we all should have!

- J. R. R. Tolkien