Author Topic: As Texas Bans Abortion Funding, Austin Wants to Give Abortion Groups $150K  (Read 380 times)

Online corbe

As Texas Bans Abortion Funding, Austin Wants to Give Abortion Groups $150K

By Tyler O'Neil 2019-08-20 16:35:39

City council members are working overtime to "Keep Austin Weird," or perhaps to "Make Austin Illegal." On September 1, it will be illegal for government entities in the state of Texas to enter into a transaction with an abortion provider or an abortion provider's affiliates. The Austin City Council, however, is pushing to get abortion funding included into its 2020 budget. The $150,000 city council members are seeking would cover a wide range of abortion-related services. The move seems intended to create a legal battle.

"In Austin, we believe and announce that everyone has a right to healthcare," Austin city council member Greg Casar said in a press conference. "We believe and announce that abortion is healthcare and we refuse to back down on protecting our continuance basic rights."

Delia Garza, Austin's mayor pro tempore, stood with council members Casar, Leslie Pool, and Paige Ellis as they expressed their support for pro-choice advocacy groups on Monday. They announced their intention to seek the $150,000 for women who desire abortions.

<..snip..>

https://pjmedia.com/trending/as-texas-bans-abortion-funding-austin-wants-to-give-abortion-groups-150k/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Austin has been weird for quite some time, as the home of Madalyn Murray O'Hair, the renowned atheist who said this of her own son when he became a Christian and baptist minister:

Murray O'Hair commented, "One could call this a postnatal abortion on the part of a mother, I guess; I repudiate him entirely and completely for now and all times ... he is beyond human forgiveness."
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington