Author Topic: Liz Cheney calls on Trump to reject peace deal offer in Afghanistan  (Read 963 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: Liz Cheney calls on Trump to reject peace deal offer in Afghanistan
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2019, 04:16:17 am »
I've never understood why we're negotiating with the Taliban.  That's like Israel trying to negotiate for peace with the Muslim Brotherhood.

I am glad you said that.  I couldn't believe it either.   Whoever could believe that the Taliban is capable of peace?  Trump wanted to reimburse Taliban travel expenses.  And even while he was talking about peace deal there were Taliban bomb attacks.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/administration-wants-reimburse-talibans-travel-expenses
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2019, 04:32:40 pm »

I am glad you said that.  I couldn't believe it either.   Whoever could believe that the Taliban is capable of peace?  Trump wanted to reimburse Taliban travel expenses.  And even while he was talking about peace deal there were Taliban bomb attacks.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/administration-wants-reimburse-talibans-travel-expenses

Two more soldiers were killed yesterday by Taliban forces.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2019, 04:53:40 pm »
Two more soldiers were killed yesterday by Taliban forces.

I saw that.  Get them out of there.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2019, 04:59:20 pm »
I saw that.  Get them out of there.

The real  :pondering: for me is that all of the combat related deaths this year and a couple towards the end of last year are in the province I was in back in 2010-11...Uruzgan Province and the city of Tarin Kot.  When we left it was one of the first being considered to be turned back to the Afghans to run on their own with no coalition involvement.

The final Aussie and U.S. troops pulled out IIRC back in 2015.  Left the Afghans to run the place on their own...now we're having to go back in there cause the ANA and the Afghan Police can't do it or won't do it on their own.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline berdie

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2019, 08:35:01 pm »
The real  :pondering: for me is that all of the combat related deaths this year and a couple towards the end of last year are in the province I was in back in 2010-11...Uruzgan Province and the city of Tarin Kot.  When we left it was one of the first being considered to be turned back to the Afghans to run on their own with no coalition involvement.

The final Aussie and U.S. troops pulled out IIRC back in 2015.  Left the Afghans to run the place on their own...now we're having to go back in there cause the ANA and the Afghan Police can't do it or won't do it on their own.

Kinda sounds like Falluja (sp) in Iraq doesn't it?

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2019, 08:41:28 pm »
Serious answer: the male population likely has an education level equal to that of the worst ghettoes in the US, and the female population is illiterate. There's really no quick fixes there, you're talking decades of building a civilization from the ground up.

That's all they know. In a less than serious vein, I thought we should send Afghani children to Disney World for two weeks, to give them a chance to see what is beyond their borders. Instead of changing their minds, some radical kid would probably set off his suicide vest while meeting Mickey Mouse.

@Night Hides Not The literacy rates for men in Afghanistan are lower than the worst ghettoes in the U.S.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2019, 08:42:14 pm »

Kinda sounds like Falluja (sp) in Iraq doesn't it?

Indeed it does.