Author Topic: Solar Road Is the Left’s Latest Debacle  (Read 478 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Solar Road Is the Left’s Latest Debacle
« on: August 21, 2019, 01:56:58 am »
https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2019/08/20/solar-road-is-the-lefts-latest-debacle/

Solar Road Is the Left’s Latest Debacle
August 20th.

You know what? Brian, before I go far, I need to take a screenshot. Folks, just imagine a two-lane road made of solar panels — and it was supposed to revolutionize renewable energy. The point of the story is it has become — the first solar road has become — “a colossal failure.” It’s falling apart. It doesn’t generate anywhere near enough energy. It’s not even close to sustainable. Two years after. It’s the Normandy road in France. “Two years after the world’s first solar road … was set up, it’s turned out to be a colossal failure, according to a report by Le Monde,” the French newspaper.

“The road has deteriorated to a terrible state, it isn’t producing anywhere near the amount of energy it had previously pledged to, and the traffic it has brought with it is causing noise problems,” because driving on solar panels is not quiet. It’s another left-wing invention based on doing good things — social justice, sustainable economy and climate change, blah, blah, blah — and it’s an absolute debacle

snip....

How would the airplane get even to the end of the runway to try to take off without jet fuel? What mechanism of transporting people and cargo through the air is there? Don’t tell me blimps. We couldn’t. There’s nothing.

Markets are amazing. Markets are brilliant. Markets work. The fossil fuel industry reigns supreme, oil reigns supreme.

I don’t care what they’ve poisoned young leftist minds to think about it. There simply isn’t anything that comes close to being able to accomplish the needs that are provided by oil and other derivatives of petroleum products.

snip>>>

I understand people wanting no pollution and sustainable this and sustainable that, but all of this only works, the only reason this cockamamie crap ever is given a chance is because it has been sold as the only way to save the planet from destruction.

You take kids from the moment they’re young skulls full of mush and you keep telling them that there isn’t gonna be a habitable climate in 30 years or 40, you’re gonna scare the devil out of them.

And then you’re gonna get ’em to support any cockamamie thing that you come up with. That’s exactly how they’ve done it. Plus tapping into the psychological need that all human beings have to matter, to think that your life has meaning.

So it’s been artfully done, but it’s all a crock. All of it is. Anyway, I appreciate the call, Dave. Thanks much.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald