Author Topic: A Nebraska teen's senior photos honored her father who was killed in Afghanistan  (Read 268 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Check this out, also per the article, Milo Gibson, Mel Gibson's son will play the subject of the article and upcoming movie, 
Army Ranger Capt. Robert Yllescas.

A Nebraska teen's senior photos honored her father who was killed in Afghanistan
By Ryan Prior, CNN
Updated 8:18 PM ET, Tue August 20, 2019

Photographer Susanne Beckmann edited her photos of Julia Yllescas to include Julia's father, who never got a chance to see his daughter grow up.

(CNN)It's been "extremely, extremely" tough growing up without her father, Julia Yllescas tells CNN. "It gets harder and harder every year."

Army Ranger Capt. Robert Yllescas never came home after he deployed to Afghanistan when Julia was 7 years old.

As she started her last year of high school in Aurora, Nebraska, she had a photographer edit an angelic visage of her father into her senior photos so that he could be with her during the most monumental moment of her life.

He'll be portrayed in an upcoming film

Read more at: https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/20/us/nebraska-senior-photos-father-afghanistan-trnd/index.html
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:55:02 am by TomSea »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I saw this on FB...what a wonderful idea...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline skeeter

I'm tired of seeing our best being wasted over there. I cannot wait to get them out of that god forsaken part of the world.